Southwest check-in & boarding passes

candfandm

Mouseketeer
I did check in at the 24 hour mark and got A-55 and my 7 yr old daughter B4.
Do I need to board in the B group or can she go with me in the A group?

You must board with the B group if you want to board with her. Your number is so high, it shouldn't make much difference in seat selection.

I did check in at the 24 hour mark and got A-55 and my 7 yr old daughter B4.
Do I need to board in the B group or can she go with me in the A group?

Obviously, B is the proper thing to do, but it doesn't hurt to ask at the counter if she can board with you. At worst, they say no and you board with the B group.

Duds

I am not really understanding if I did the online check in correct. My husband got A47, I got A55 and daughter got B4. I did each confirmation number one at a time. Is there a way to do everyone who booked together all at once so we can get consecutive boarding numbers? Hoping if I did it wrong, I correct it for return flight.

I am not really understanding if I did the online check in correct. My husband got A47, I got A55 and daughter got B4. I did each confirmation number one at a time. Is there a way to do everyone who booked together all at once so we can get consecutive boarding numbers? Hoping if I did it wrong, I correct it for return flight.

Did you book each ticket separately? I've always had one confirmation number for all 5 of us.

If they do not let your daughter board with you due to age, your husband can save two seats by him. Technically you are not supposed to save sets, but I see this all the time.

There will only be a few people between A55 and B4. Just board with her. You won't have any problems being seated with your husband.

When you do online checking it takes a few minutes to do the next person so that is how people get between. You will be fine.

It sounds like you booked each person at a time. Usually, people book everyone with the same conf number. Then, when it comes to checking in, you go to the checkin page, click on each person's block and hit submit...you all get checked in at the same time.
Your dh can save two seats for you. He can take the aisle and put something on the window seat. No one will want to sit in that row. I have no issue with saving seats in the same row..which is no more than saving two seats. Then, if the gate agent says you have to board with your dd, in the B group, you will still be assured of sitting with your dh.
Even without that saving of seats, you would still find three seats together.

It's good to hear I shouldn't have a problem. When I booked flight, I did book everyone together so I'm not sure why SW gave us all 3 different confirmation numbers. Maybe because I was using rewards points? My son & d in-law were also using rewards and they got different confirmation numbers too.

If this were my family, I'd give the daughter the A55 boarding pass (they won't care when you are boarding), and have the DH and DD board at A55...DH is only giving up a few positions. Sit in an aisle and window seat. Then the Mom (OP) can board at B4 and join them in the middle.

easy peasy. :)

If this were my family, I'd give the daughter the A55 boarding pass (they won't care when you are boarding), and have the DH and DD board at A55...DH is only giving up a few positions. Sit in an aisle and window seat. Then the Mom (OP) can board at B4 and join them in the middle.

If I do that, is it ok to use a boarding pass that is not in your name?

There will only be a few people between A55 and B4. Just board with her. You won't have any problems being seated with your husband.

When you do online checking it takes a few minutes to do the next person so that is how people get between. You will be fine.
Isn't family boarding between the A's & B's?

Isn't family boarding between the A's & B's?

I think family boarding is supposed to be for really little kids (like 3 and younger)...not sure about that.

Your boarding positions are all pretty close; I really don't think you need to worry about it. They're not about to make a 7 year old sit alone, even if you were back in the C's. At A47, there's probably only going to be about 30-35 people ahead of you (I think A1-A15 are reserved for prepays and premium prices; they're not often filled)

On your checkin question: you should have been able to check everyone in at once as long as you were on the same confirmation number. Just check everyone off...

I think family boarding is supposed to be for really little kids (like 3 and younger)...not sure about that.
I think it's 4, but yes. From what I've read on here though, there COULD be a bunch of people (aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc) utilizing family boarding.

Ok, I have a few questions about Southwest check-in & boarding passes. I have been on Southwest before but not with children.

Can I check-in 24hrs. before with children? Do they need to be age-verified before to do so? I thought you just needed to bring a birth certificate at the time of your flight.

Also, how does family boarding work? The children's ages will be 9,7,4, & 1. The one year old will be without a seat. I booked the whole family together so it will be 9 people total. Will we all be able to board before the B's?

One more question, the only thing you need for proof of age for children is a birth certificate, it can be a copy?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure we have everything ready! We leave for Disney on Tuesday! Thanks for the help!

Ok, I have a few questions about Southwest check-in & boarding passes. I have been on Southwest before but not with children.

Can I check-in 24hrs. before with children? Do they need to be age-verified before to do so? I thought you just needed to bring a birth certificate at the time of your flight.

Also, how does family boarding work? The children's ages will be 9,7,4, & 1. The one year old will be without a seat. I booked the whole family together so it will be 9 people total. Will we all be able to board before the B's?

One more question, the only thing you need for proof of age for children is a birth certificate, it can be a copy?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure we have everything ready! We leave for Disney on Tuesday! Thanks for the help!

If you have a lap child traveling without a ticket you will be unable to use online check in to obtain your boarding numbers in advance and will have to wait until you get to the airport. Your lap child will not get a boarding pass, but you will get a Boarding Verification Document AFTER you provide the birth certificate to verify their age. BVDs are available only on the day of travel.

More here:

http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/family/baby-on-board-pol.html

Your one year old and four year old are both eligible for family boarding between the A & B groups (although family boarding is sometimes suspended) and at least one adult will be able to board with each of them if they do family boarding. The older children and other family members may or may not be able to board at the same time. Much of this will be up to the discretion of the gate agent and will depend on how many families with small children are trying to use the family boarding.

This is what I was thinking, too. If you want, just let the gate agent know you'd like to switch with your DD, and they should be able to reprint the boarding passes if they feel it is required.

I like this method best of all, as it is easier to simply ask everyone ahead of you to move up one place in the same boarding group, instead of someone from A moving into B. The eyes start roving, and any buldge appears to be scrutinized :magnify: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter