Southwest cancellation policy

jesse0418

Mouseketeer
I've been trying to find some information about Southwest's cancellation policy. Can you purchase trip insurance for flights? We are getting ready to purchase our flights from Manchester, NH and I'm just wondering what their cancellation policy/trip insurance policy is just in case something comes up.

I've been trying to find some information about Southwest's cancellation policy. Can you purchase trip insurance for flights? We are getting ready to purchase our flights from Manchester, NH and I'm just wondering what their cancellation policy/trip insurance policy is just in case something comes up.

Wanna Get Away fares are not refundable. If you cancel, you can apply the cost of the ticket to a new ticket up to one year from the original purchase date. Same person only. No change fee.

Business Select & Anytime Fares are fully refundable.

Disney offers travel insurance with their packages, there are also several travel insurance companies out there, google "travel insurance".

Wanna Get Away fares are not refundable. If you cancel, you can apply the cost of the ticket to a new ticket up to one year from the original purchase date. Same person only. No change fee.

Business Select & Anytime Fares are fully refundable.

So with the Wanna Get Away fares, if I canceled, I would get some sort of credit to use that is good up to a year?

So with the Wanna Get Away fares, if I canceled, I would get some sort of credit to use that is good up to a year?

Yes, SW keeps it in their system under "ticketless travel funds", you just need the confirmation # from the original reservation. Up to one year from original purchase date. So if you buy a ticket in January for May, the credit will be good until next January. You must fly by the expiration date.

You must cancel your flight prior to departure time. If you simply do not show you forfeit the entire purchase price.

You must cancel your flight prior to departure time. If you simply do not show you forfeit the entire purchase price.

You must cancel 10 minutes prior to departure. Hopefully you would know by 10 minutes prior that you are changing your plans.

You must cancel 10 minutes prior to departure. Hopefully you would know by 10 minutes prior that you are changing your plans.

Where this is an issue is with lawyers. They can be standing in line waiting to board and get a call that their case has been cancelled or delayed. Guess they can afford the high priced refundable tickets though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter