Southwest Boarding Passes on the ship

sjhlib

Earning My Ears
Just an FYI - for anyone thinking of doing this, I was able to print out our SW boarding passes (got the coveted A's!) just after midnite on board. It cost me $6 for the time on line, but was well worth it as we didn't have to head to the terminal until 2pm (3pm flight).

I am totally addicted to printing boarding passes, too. We fly ATA, and I like to grab the good exit rows. It's the only way to do it. It's well worth the fee to sit in comfort on the flight home. We once had a six hour weather-related delay/diversion, and being in a large exit row was the only thing that kept me sane!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

sjhlib,
How do you do this on the ship? Do you just go to the internet cafe and do it from there? Last time we paid for an internet package but this time we're not going to. Thanks!
Beth

I got on just before midnite - it takes just a minute to open an account. At midnite, I logged onto Southwest. It did take at least 4-5 tries before I was able to actually get the first pass, but then the others came up with no problem. The printer is right there. Don't give up if you get the "can't issue boarding passes" message - just keep trying until it goes through (it will).

Help me out here -- Im taking Southwest for the very first time in three weeks for our cruise and all I have is a sheet of paper with the flight info, etc. Do I need to print boarding passes from my computer OR do I just stand in line at the airport? Also, I heard that Southwest doesn't assign seats ahead of time that it's get on the plane and pick. Anyone help me out on this? Thanks so much :)

Hsteacher- you can print out your "boarding pass" after midnight on the day you're leaving now.... You have a better chance of getting an "A" pass this way. No assigned seating, you have to find your own.

You won't have to stand in line to get a pass at the airport now... just check your luggage with the skycap (if possible), and head to the gate. Now you won't get stuck with a B or C boarding pass and have to stand in line and watch the rest of the plane board before you. And you won't have to show up 4 hours ahead of time to get an A pass.

Going to MCO, we had B passes and watched all the preboarders and all the A's board... we did get seats together, but we were pretty far back.... coming home, we had A passes, but the preboarding line was SO long, it was ridiculous, but we were able to get seats together over the wing, which is pretty much where I like to sit.

We printed our US AIR boarding passes this week on the Wonder with no problems, 24 hrs before our flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter