Southwest at Christmas

mattypies

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gotten a good rate for Christmas break to Florida? Or do the prices stay high because of the season. Right now the prices are outrageous.

Heather

I watched MCO-BUF for Dec 31st 2005 and the price never went down. I booked it as soon as the fare became available (middle fare group) and the price only ever went up.

Same story for BUF-TPA Dec 26 2005.

What dates are you looking for? You can also look on the Southwest web site, shortcut to fares section which shows you a month at a time. By looking at the monthly fare calendar, you can get a good idea as to what days would be considered peak and probably won't discount.

mattypies said:
Has anyone ever gotten a good rate for Christmas break to Florida? Or do the prices stay high because of the season. Right now the prices are outrageous.

Heather
Its normally quite difficult although I have to say that we are reasonably pleased with our AC Tango from YYZ to MCO ($130+tax) on 26th Dec and Westjet MCO to Hamilton for about $180+ tax. (of course these same routes have almost tripled in price now...but I was lucky to book some time ago)

wee-haggis said:
Its normally quite difficult although I have to say that we are reasonably pleased with our AC Tango from YYZ to MCO ($130+tax) on 26th Dec and Westjet MCO to Hamilton for about $180+ tax. (of course these same routes have almost tripled in price now...but I was lucky to book some time ago)

Make sure you have your seats booked on the AC flight. If they overbook, you're the fist one they will bump!

j

Scratch42 said:
Make sure you have your seats booked on the AC flight. If they overbook, you're the fist one they will bump!

j
Yes...I got the Tango Plus so I have my seats assigned. I will also be checking in online 24 hrs in advance

wee-haggis said:
Yes...I got the Tango Plus so I have my seats assigned. I will also be checking in online 24 hrs in advance

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter