Southwest - Assigned Seats??

OK, I must be honest I didn't read this whole thread...hopefully someone will read this, if I am traveling w/ a child under 4 (it will be me, DH, DD7, DS3) do I really need to worry about getting a boarding pass so early (A,B,C?) Or will WE (ALL of us) be able to go on early??

Get them early anyway. The 3 year old will be able to preboard. Most likely sibling and both parents will be permitted to board also. Sometimes they will restrict to siblings and one adult if there are too many preboarders.

Sometimes, if they think there are too many preboarders, they will suspend preboarding for all except disabled persons. On Orlando flights there are generally increased numbers of preboarders due to so many families flying. So it's best to have the early passes, improves your chance of getting As for everybody.

The problem is if you read this board is there is case after case where people's seat assignments were dropped and they ended up split up. They have to check their reservations everyday to make sure they weren't changed. Then they have to call to get them fixed. That seems more of a hassle than Southwest.

Nope, never has happened to me and I fly quite a bit on jetBlue.

For us Southwest has the best price around. I really don't care for the ABC lines. Why not line the chairs up in the ABC lines. That way you can sit in line. My other idea is to put up ropes to establish the lanes. People are horrible at making a line. You will have one line for A next to the window and another line for A going down the middle. A passenger will walk up and ask where the A line is and each thinks that they are the official line. That's why we love WDW. They make great lanes. Ropes and chains everywhere. :thumbsup2

For us Southwest has the best price around. I really don't care for the ABC lines. Why not line the chairs up in the ABC lines. That way you can sit in line. My other idea is to put up ropes to establish the lanes. People are horrible at making a line. You will have one line for A next to the window and another line for A going down the middle. A passenger will walk up and ask where the A line is and each thinks that they are the official line. That's why we love WDW. They make great lanes. Ropes and chains everywhere. :thumbsup2

When you are flying Southwest from MCO they have the lines for A, B, & C marked with ropes? This seems alot easier since you'll know what lane to get into. It would be nice if all airports did that.
I don't know care where on the plane I sit, I just like to be able to sit with my teen daughter. She would be very upset and uncomfortable not being able to sit with me. I also prefer sitting with my traveling companions than being separated. Over the years I've flown three other times on other airlines and our assigned seats were never changed.

When you are flying Southwest from MCO they have the lines for A, B, & C marked with ropes? This seems alot easier since you'll know what lane to get into. It would be nice if all airports did that.
I don't know care where on the plane I sit, I just like to be able to sit with my teen daughter. She would be very upset and uncomfortable not being able to sit with me. I also prefer sitting with my traveling companions than being separated. Over the years I've flown three other times on other airlines and our assigned seats were never changed.

I'm talking about a rope as long as the line. Not the ABC short dividers. People are like cattle. You have to show them where to go. Our last trip from MCO we had the two A lines. One next to the window and one down the middle next to the B line. Both thought they were the correct line. A long rope would have fixed this. You should have seen the angry looks as the lines came together at the podium. :mad: :snooty: :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter