Southwest anniversary sale

We have been flying SW from Pittsburgh the last few Septembers. What I usually do is book 1 way the day the flights are released. I keep my eyes peeled for sales, especially the June sale, when the flights drop, I change my 1 way fare to the lower priced flights to get a credit. Then I use the credit to book the return flight at the current sale price. From PIT, I have paid $79-$109/person, one way.

If the flight price drops, you can "change" your flight to the same, lower priced flight without penalty. Your account will be credited the $$ difference to be used within 1 year of the original booking date. They do not refund the $$ back to your card, and you must actually fly somewhere within the year, not just purchase tickets. Hope that helps.

I was looking at flights this morning for October PIT-MCO, almost all flights are over $200 each way. I'm hoping they will go down for the anniversary sale. Looked at other airlines, flights with decent times are in that range too plus have long connections.

If you want to be seated together, I would pay the extra $12 or so dollars to have early boarding. But I think that for most people, the seating works out anyways. We flew Southwest vin March, and Delta in April, and I have to say, I preferred Southwest. The crew just seemed a lot friendlier. Plus, they had some free TV shows and the snacks were better.

I saw the 12.50 thing and will consider that...the sitting together is vital because we have a two year old I really don't think it will be a problem I'm sure people would accommodate us either way.... Thank u very much

My biggest "concern" is that our flight departs at 6:50am and I am hoping that there will be something open at that hour so that we can grab some snacks and beverages.

We have flown the early flights out of Flint on AirTran. There should be a least a small snack bar open, selling bagels, breakfast sandwiches, etc. at that time. Also, the typical magazine/gift shop should be open as well. We love flying out of Flint. . . super easy and close to home!

I brought muffins and bananas with me to Flint for our 7 am flight. We ate them while waiting to board.

If you want to be seated together, I would pay the extra $12 or so dollars to have early boarding. But I think that for most people, the seating works out anyways. We flew Southwest vin March, and Delta in April, and I have to say, I preferred Southwest. The crew just seemed a lot friendlier. Plus, they had some free TV shows and the snacks were better.
EBCI doesn't get you 'early boarding'....it gets you early checkin. Yes, I'm nitpicking, but no one should think of it as early boarding. You do get to board sooner than most, but you could still end up way back in the group!

I saw the 12.50 thing and will consider that...the sitting together is vital because we have a two year old I really don't think it will be a problem I'm sure people would accommodate us either way.... Thank u very much

Most of the time people will try to accommodate families. But.....those that have paid for EBCI aren't so eager. They paid the extra money, so usually don't feel inclined to take what they perceive to be a lesser seat, in order to help a family get seats together. If sitting together is important to you, it's best to purchase EBCI. Much better to think of the addtl cost as part of the fare, while not paying it is taking a 'discount' fare with possibly lesser seat choice.

So glad I stumbled upon this! We just booked our trip to WDW over Christmas, and the fares are no less than about $440 RT per person Chicago Midway to MCO. We've honestly never found a fare less than $320, so am keeping my fingers crossed that we might luck out this time.

EBCI doesn't get you 'early boarding'....it gets you early checkin. Yes, I'm nitpicking, but no one should think of it as early boarding. You do get to board sooner than most, but you could still end up way back in the group! Most of the time people will try to accommodate families. But.....those that have paid for EBCI aren't so eager. They paid the extra money, so usually don't feel inclined to take what they perceive to be a lesser seat, in order to help a family get seats together. If sitting together is important to you, it's best to purchase EBCI. Much better to think of the addtl cost as part of the fare, while not paying it is taking a 'discount' fare with possibly lesser seat choice.

Thank you yeah I think that's what I will do... Still way cheaper than the over 400 per person delta is offering right now

So, what kind of flight dates will be available for this sale? I already have flights booked for late June and we are looking for flights for March of next year. I'm guessing my June flights will be too close to be on sale and March won't be open yet, right?

What about Thanksgiving (2014). Would that likely be blacked out?

So, what kind of flight dates will be available for this sale? I already have flights booked for late June and we are looking for flights for March of next year. I'm guessing my June flights will be too close to be on sale and March won't be open yet, right?

What about Thanksgiving (2014). Would that likely be blacked out?

I was wondering the same thing. I just looked for our trip in December, yet I can only see as far as October right now. I'm thinking we may not be able to book this time.

Do they have any other sales beyond June?

I was wondering the same thing. I just looked for our trip in December, yet I can only see as far as October right now. I'm thinking we may not be able to book this time.

Do they have any other sales beyond June?

The next set of dates is supposed to open on May 19 (I think) so December very well may be included in the sale. I hope so as that's when I am going. :goodvibes

yes, i booked last year during that sale for our december trip, so i would expect the nov and dec dates to be included, this year as well!

just wondering though, when the new dates come out on may 19, opening up nov and dec , will they have their low rates then too, or not really till the sale?

yes, i booked last year during that sale for our december trip, so i would expect the nov and dec dates to be included, this year as well!

just wondering though, when the new dates come out on may 19, opening up nov and dec , will they have their low rates then too, or not really till the sale?

We are traveling the same week this year in November as we did last year. Last year, I booked our flights on the day the schedule was extended. I checked periodically over the next few months and only found the prices to be higher than what we paid - never lower. Admittedly, we didn't know about the anniversary sale. Which brings me here...

Does the anniversary sale typically discount all flights or is it only certain flights/times and out of certain (major) cities? Just trying to decide if I should book on 5/19 when the schedule is extended or if it would be worth the risk to wait a couple weeks and see what the anniversary sale brings? A credit for the difference would be useless as we likely won't go anywhere else by the time our one year rolls around.

Does anyone know what time of day the schedule will be extended on May 19th? Do they put them into the system at 12:01am or sometime later?

I feel like I missed the boat for good airfare deals :rolleyes: I'm still hoping to get a good deal for our August vacation. I refuse to spend $800 - $1000.00 for 2 people. if not we will be driving :drive:

Still hoping for some pixidust

I'm in the same boat for August - $800--$1000 for two people is ridiculous! As it stands now, we will be driving in August. We can drive round trip with two overnight stays for what it would cost to fly. On top of that you have to add the price of the rental car. Just not cost effecient.

Bumping, looking for anyone who may know something about the release new dates fares vs anniversary fares. :goodvibes And, if we had to settle for getting a credit, and our next trip was a bit past the 1yr credit date, is there any way to extend that?

We are traveling the same week this year in November as we did last year. Last year, I booked our flights on the day the schedule was extended. I checked periodically over the next few months and only found the prices to be higher than what we paid - never lower. Admittedly, we didn't know about the anniversary sale. Which brings me here...

Does the anniversary sale typically discount all flights or is it only certain flights/times and out of certain (major) cities? Just trying to decide if I should book on 5/19 when the schedule is extended or if it would be worth the risk to wait a couple weeks and see what the anniversary sale brings? A credit for the difference would be useless as we likely won't go anywhere else by the time our one year rolls around.

Well. the schedule opened up today for Southwest. I bit the bullet and purchased our trip down to Tampa on Dec 23rd to visit family.:grouphug: Not as good as I hoped, :confused3 so I am going to gamble and wait until the anniversary sale in June to book the return. Didn't get the EB added on yet either ,just in case we can re-book the arrival flight at a lower price. ( currently have $708.00 for 3 people flying one way out of Rochester to Tampa ) Hope luck is with me.:wizard: Bring on the sale!:banana:popcorn::

I didn't book anything today when the schedule opened up. Hoping for something better with the anniversary sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter