Southwest Airline Credit Card Rewards Question

A10560

Mouseketeer
I just opened up a Southwest Airlines Visa card. I will earn the 50,000 bonus points for doing this. On the website it says they are good for 2 free flights. If I decide to go when the flights are cheaper and only 6,000 each way can I use it on more then 2 flights or do they limit it to just 2. I would love to fly my family of 4 for next to nothing in January but I'm not sure how it works.

Any input would be great as I have not received my bonus points yet.

50,000 seems ALOT for 2 flights. Recently I booked for 4800 points per flight. Are you sure it was not 20,000 points. That is what I got several months ago. Either way they are your points and you use them as you need. I think the calculation is the $$ amount for the flight multiplied by 600. My flight was $80 time 600 so it was 4800 points. My husband and I Each opened a card so we had 40000 points between us. We are flying 5 people hone from wdw all on points plus I booked my sister round trip to ft lauderdale and we still have points left. I hope this helps.

I am considering doing this also. From what I have read on here, you can use your points however you want - not just for 2 RT flights.

What do you have to do to get the points? Just open the card or make an eligible purchase? Any one know how long it takes to get the points?

Thanks!

I received a flyer in the mail that offered 30,000 points so I applied and was approved. The day my card came in the mail I also had a flyer for 50,000 points. When I called to let them know I had received the card I told them about the second offer and was told they would note my account and send it to someone else in the company to okay it. I was told this happens all the time and it is usually never a problem.

After your first purchase it said allow 6 - 8 weeks for the points to post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter