Southwest added since 2008?

Celine

Mouseketeer
I want to make sure that I'm reading my information correctly... when we went to Disney in 2008, we had to lug our luggage from the baggage claim at MCO to the Magical Express buses and they loaded them up for us and took them to our hotel/rooms.. when I flew Jetblue last year, we didn't see our luggage from the time we arrived at our departing airport, until we got to our room. Soooo, has something changed since 2008? Is Southwest like Jetblue, now?

Thank you in advance!

Celine

We are flying Southwest this year and just received our ME luggage tags, so yes, SW is now included.

I want to make sure that I'm reading my information correctly... when we went to Disney in 2008, we had to lug our luggage from the baggage claim at MCO to the Magical Express buses and they loaded them up for us and took them to our hotel/rooms.. when I flew Jetblue last year, we didn't see our luggage from the time we arrived at our departing airport, until we got to our room. Soooo, has something changed since 2008? Is Southwest like Jetblue, now?

Thank you in advance!

Celine

The participating airlines only apply for the return to the airport. You can use it for any airline on arrival so you didn't need to pickup your luggage in baggage claim, you could have tagged them. The only exception is if your flight arrives after 10:00pm. Southwest is now participating, so you can use the luggage service both ways.

We are flying Southwest this year and just received our ME luggage tags, so yes, SW is now included.

The OP is referring to luggage service when leaving the resort. Every airline participates on the way *to* Disney.

Southwest is now a participating airline when you go home and you're allowed to check your luggage at the resort on your check out day.

Thank you in advance!

Celine

Even back in 2008, you could tag your bags and have ME transport them to your hotel when flying SW. I did it in both 2007 and 2008. What you couldn't do until 2010 was take your bags to the Resort Airline Checkin desk and have them checked and transported back to MCO at the end of your trip. Returning home you had to take your bags to the ME bus and then check them at the airport. But SW now is a participating airline and you can drop your bags off at the RAC desk and have them transported back to MCO.

The OP is referring to luggage service when leaving the resort. Every airline participates on the way *to* Disney.

Southwest is now a participating airline when you go home and you're allowed to check your luggage at the resort on your check out day.

Hmmm not how I read it, but I'm happy their question was answered, at any rate. :)

Hmmm not how I read it, but I'm happy their question was answered, at any rate. :)

You are correct. I re-re-read the OP. :laughing:

Even in 2008, she could have used her ME tags to have the bags transported to the resort from the airport.

You are correct. I re-re-read the OP. :laughing:

Even in 2008, she could have used her ME tags to have the bags transported to the resort from the airport.

I had to read it a couple times too. ;)

I am happy to hear SW is now participating in Resort check-in. I was expecting we had to schlep our bags to the airport on departure day. VERY good to know that isn't the case anymore!

I had to read it a couple times too. ;)

I am happy to hear SW is now participating in Resort check-in. I was expecting we had to schlep our bags to the airport on departure day. VERY good to know that isn't the case anymore!

No schlepping with SW! :rotfl: It is so great to just hand over the bags and only have your carry-on to deal with. That is one of the things I love about a disney vacation. :)

Oh!! No kidding!! I don't know where I got mixed up, but I did have to get our luggage off of the baggage claim thing and take it down to the ME buses. Maybe when we checked in at our home airport, they didn't put the necessary tags on our bags? I know I had the Disney tags... whatever, in any case, I also had to get them from ME and "shlep" (LOL) them back to check-in at the airport to go home and am glad to hear that's all over with, too!!

See, while I LOVE the TVs on Jetblue (and who wouldn't with four kids to entertain!) I also love the earlier time slot into MCO and the later time slot out of MCO that you can get through SW. It's a tough call man.. tough call! ;)

Oh!! No kidding!! I don't know where I got mixed up, but I did have to get our luggage off of the baggage claim thing and take it down to the ME buses. Maybe when we checked in at our home airport, they didn't put the necessary tags on our bags? I know I had the Disney tags... whatever, in any case, I also had to get them from ME and "shlep" (LOL) them back to check-in at the airport to go home and am glad to hear that's all over with, too!!

See, while I LOVE the TVs on Jetblue (and who wouldn't with four kids to entertain!) I also love the earlier time slot into MCO and the later time slot out of MCO that you can get through SW. It's a tough call man.. tough call! ;)

If you had the yellow ME tags on your bags last time, you shouldn't have had to schlep (hehe) them through the airport to the ME busses. ;)

I LOVE the fact the Disney makes it so we really don't have to worry about much on our vacations. Last year, when we flew to Colorado, it was so strange to have to go and grab our luggage!

YAY! Thats good to know! We always fly Airtran but this time doing SW because of the RR free flights. Now I dont have to worry about our luggage!

As another Austinite, I totally agree. I just filled out a survey from our Jetblue flight last week, that I wished they would add more AUS to MCO flights. The one flight a day is rough!

Yes! It's a total waste of two days!! You're lucky if you get to your hotel before 8pm and you have to leave for the hotel on departure day at 12pm!! It just seems like such a waste! You know? I so wish they had an earlier arrival flight and a later departure flight.. earlier arrival being my real preference if we had to pick only one! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter