Southwest $49 $99 $129 and $199 sale on now

One more quick question: my son will be traveling with me and he is mentally handicapped (age 32, mentally 11) Should I list him as 'disabled' on the reservation? What difference would it make?

One more quick question: my son will be traveling with me and he is mentally handicapped (age 32, mentally 11) Should I list him as 'disabled' on the reservation? What difference would it make?

It will probably just enable you to board during family boarding for people who need a little extra time. With Southwest though, that is between boarding groups A and B, so if you do priority check in and get an early A group that would be earlier than the family boarding anyway. If you don't need any extra time boarding, you can probably just leave off the 'disabled' designation.

Memphis flights went up ($196) over the weekend from last mid-week ($140), then down for the sale ($158). Sitting on my hands & telling myself they'll go back to the mid week price some time in the next couple weeks. Wish me luck!!

Thanks for posting this! We saved $20 off our in-bound fare. We're likely to travel with SWA in the next few months, so figure I just bought myself a Greygoose slushie! :thumbsup2

It will probably just enable you to board during family boarding for people who need a little extra time. With Southwest though, that is between boarding groups A and B, so if you do priority check in and get an early A group that would be earlier than the family boarding anyway. If you don't need any extra time boarding, you can probably just leave off the 'disabled' designation.

Thanks! He won't need any help. I just don't want him in the emergency exit row! And I want us to sit together.

Thanks for the heads up! Flights only went down $10 each way, but I am happy they went down at all!!

I can get flight down for 99 but flight back is still the same should I book flight down now and wait to see if flight back would be less later?What would you all do?

Grrr I booked earlier today with a coke rewards code, then a few hours later our flight down dropped so I rebooked. I wasn't able to use the code though :-( but still saves a few $.

BWI to MCO isn't included in the sale, but prices dropped this evening (were the same this morning) so I just took the plunge and bought them! I'm still paying about $80 per person more than last year, but I'm OK with that seeing as we got great flight times. Let the countdown begin!

Was checking out the website wishing for a July sale (nephews team made Nationals so now we're going to be visiting the Orlando area in a little over a month).

Didn't help with July but for October my return flights fell a little on the trip out (Sunday, Saturday was actually the same prices so decided to save a Sat night hotel stay) and a decent amount on the way home (Thursday).

Not to MCO but I did score Louisville to BWI for $49 each way!!! Woohoo!! We are visiting DC for fall break this year. $392 total for RT nonstops for 4 people! Can't beat that!! Now if only the crazy hotel rates in DC would drop then. Hotels near the attractions are pricing out between $250-$500 a night. Ouch.

Not to MCO but I did score Louisville to BWI for $49 each way!!! Woohoo!! We are visiting DC for fall break this year. $392 total for RT nonstops for 4 people! Can't beat that!! Now if only the crazy hotel rates in DC would drop then. Hotels near the attractions are pricing out between $250-$500 a night. Ouch.

I saw that today!! Was bummed because we are going Sat and paid about 10,000 points per person. As far as hotels, we got a great deal at The Westin Alexandria on Hotwire for $107 a night, which I was super happy with! We have a 5 min walk to the Metro so easy to get to the attractions.

Look for hotels outside the city but on the metro line. We like to stay in new Carrollton MD. Always get a nice place for $100 or so

Saw someone used a coke code...I have one of those, but I was wondering if I booked 5 tickets if it takes the $20 off each ticket? Or just $20 off the total? I read it said could have up to 8 on one reservation, but didn't know if the discount was good for all.

I am so happy I was able to snag a $200.00 r/t fare for mid-November! We were seriously considering a trip then, but were kind of dragging our heels on the decision. This made it much easier! Our fare for our July trip was $282, so I am thrilled we scored a better fare for November (one of my favorite times to visit). Non-stop flights too. Now we have 2 trips to look forward to! :cool1:

I saw that today!! Was bummed because we are going Sat and paid about 10,000 points per person. As far as hotels, we got a great deal at The Westin Alexandria on Hotwire for $107 a night, which I was super happy with! We have a 5 min walk to the Metro so easy to get to the attractions.

Thanks! I have been looking at hotels in Alexandria Old Town & is it Crystal City near the Pentagon? They are much cheaper than the downtown DC hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter