Southern Dunes Villa

btab

Earning My Ears
Have booked flights / car in October for 16 days and am currently looking at renting a 3 bed villa on the Southern Dunes complex.

Could any of you lovely people who have stayed there give me your thoughts on this area and advise whether it is a good place to stay.

I have been to to Orlando several times previously but generally stayed close to the 192 - Indian Wells or on site

There will be myself, wife and 2 daughters, aged 9 & 7.

Thanks for your help !

BTAB

Southern Dunes is a very picturesque development and a great golf course. For a split golfing/themepark holiday it's a great choice. The only downside ,IMHO, is that it is a fair drive from the attractions and also from the restaurants. With the age of your kids it's unlikely that you'll need to go back to your villa to rest during the day, but it can be a hassle if you like to go home to freshen up before you out to eat. If you're habits are, get up and go out for the day only returning to sleep then it won't effect you, if you tend to return to your villa at least once a day (other than to go to bed) you may find the 20 minutes (minimum) drive each way to be a pain.

I'd agree Southern Dunes is quite a way down but if the drive doesn't worry you it's a newer community

At least you'll be handy for the Haines City Walmart! and it does great golf!

Sadly my friend had to sell up because she could'nt get guests to travel all that far-even if she reduced her prices.

Don't worry though-you'll have great time.

We stayed at SD in January for 2 weeks and loved it...yes it may be a longer drive but it didnt bother us at all. Kids are 12 and 10 so coming back to the villa during the day was not on our agenda as it really is too far for that. Nevertherless we were up and out each day returning in the evening. I will be reluctant to stay in hotels again after a wonderful villa experience. My DH loved the fact that we were away from the action at the end of the day so that we could relax...and better still I could walk to Walmart!!:p

Wow Debbie :) ..... that is a glowing report :)

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome you to the DIS - looking forward to more of your posts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter