Southern Carribean Itinerary

hckyten

Earning My Ears
Anybody have suggestions on starboard or port side room? Also where I can find info about shore excursions that might be offered? I know this is not a common itinerary but it was sailed a couple years ago.

Thank you that was helpful for excursion info. Still inquiring about what side of ship to book for stateroom so we arent looking at the ocean the whole time.

In looking at the map of the ship's itinerary, it appears that port (left) will be facing land more often than starboard. But that's no guarantee which side of the ship will actually face the dock when you pull into port, and which will look out over the ocean.

For port adventures, go to http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/ and on the right side where it says destination, type in Caribbean. Where it says Port, type in each place you'll be visiting (one at a time), and it will bring up past activities. The excursions for the 2016 cruises probably won't be listed til a few months before your cruise. Concierge will start booking excursions 120 days before the first cruise, so they need to be on the website before then.

We just did the Southern cruise on the Magic in October. Our room was starboard.

1. San Juan: faced the airport and had fun watching all the small planes take off and land.
2. Grenada: faced Fort George and a bit of the island.
3. Barbados: Just faced the ocean. But the port side didn't have much to look at either besides some buildings.
4. St. Lucia: Faced the bay and cruise terminal.
5. St. Kitts: Were docked directly across from the Carnival Valor, so we didn't see anything but their staterooms.
6. Antigua: Faced the island.

I enjoyed all of our views. I had a lot of fun watching the ship pull in and out of the ports and watching them put the ropes on, etc. It was also funny to get to see the latecomers coming to the ship. None of them seemed like they were in a rush, and several ship crew members were waiting for them.

We went on our 3rd DCL cruise just a few months ago (on the Dream) and our first cruise with a starboard stateroom. On our stop at Castaway Cay, the ship backed in and we saw the entire island - very beautiful. At Nassau, we backed in between 2 Carnival ships - so the view really didn't matter.

One slightly irritating event though....when the Dream returned to Port Canaveral, it arrived at 5am. All of the luggage, etc. is removed from the starboard side of the ship after they dock, and it was NOISY! Cages of luggage and stuff were rolled out and forklifts drive in and pick up items. It woke us up! (We had a verandah room, mid-ship, 8th floor.) Now, we weren't planing on sleeping in - after all it was disembarkation day, but didn't want to wake up at 5am!

Next cruise, I'll make sure it's port side! I like my sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter