Southern Caribbean 2014. . . Let's Start the Planning!

Jckygirl, what beach or area would you recommend for kids? Does the lagoon side have an actual beach where the kids can play in the sand and in the water? How about the ocean side of that area or the area by Punta Escambron? We will be staying for a few days after our cruise and trying to decide on a hotel. Depending on the beaches available and which are better for kids, this night help us decide on a hotel.

that sucks

I rented the Sheraton in old town so we would be able to just walk to the ship and it is prepaid with no cancelation.

I wish DCL could get on the ball so it's customers can make plans. I'm also not impressed with not having the excursions out yet. (It's not rocket science Mickey:confused3)

... I wish DCL could get on the ball so it's customers can make plans. I'm also not impressed with not having the excursions out yet. (It's not rocket science Mickey:confused3)

My guess is that Disney is still wringing the last few cents of profit (that the vendors will make) out of the tour vendors on the new islands. :sad:

We're doing the 10/11/14 cruise! :cool1:

Does anyone know who the stage performers are going to be? I like John Charles but I believe he has been on at least four of my cruises. Would love to see someone else!

We're doing the 10/11/14 cruise! :cool1:

Does anyone know who the stage performers are going to be? I like John Charles but I believe he has been on at least four of my cruises. Would love to see someone else!

so that's why we haven't seen him in "forever!!" I would love to see his show again!! ::yes::

Just spoke with a DCL agent who called guest services. He CONFIRMED that the Magic will sail out of the Pan American Pier. The confusion is that the Fantasy sails out of Pier 4 in Old San Juan because it's too large to fit in Pan Am Pier.

that sucks I rented the Sheraton in old town so we would be able to just walk to the ship and it is prepaid with no cancelation. I wish DCL could get on the ball so it's customers can make plans. I'm also not impressed with not having the excursions out yet. (It's not rocket science Mickey:confused3)

I agree 100%, and we are in the same boat with a prepaid reservation in old San Juan. I may be the last concierge person to get on the boat. I had hoped to check in and hand over luggage to DCL early in the day then do some sight seeing in old San Juan. I'm betting there is absolutely nothing to see at this Pan Am pier, so no reason on earth together there early.

I'm sorry for those inconvenienced by the change. It doesn't look like the new pier is that far from the old one so it shouldn't be that costly/difficult to get there. I do agree that it puts a wrench in the plans of anyone who was hoping to go back into OSJ to sightsee.

A heads-up for those who are renting cars while there...there is an Avis drop off location at the Sheraton Convention Center. It is a 4-minute drive to the Pan American Pier so it will be much easier than dropping the car off at the airport or elsewhere.

We are booked at the CasaBlanca Hotel in OSJ and will stay there even though the port has changed. It's a maximum 10 min taxi ride to the Pan Am port so we plan on leaving our luggage at the hotel, sightseeing for a bit and then heading to the ship. Seems like less of a hassle than staying by the port because we want see a few things before embarkment.

We are booked at the CasaBlanca Hotel in OSJ and will stay there even though the port has changed. It's a maximum 10 min taxi ride to the Pan Am port so we plan on leaving our luggage at the hotel, sightseeing for a bit and then heading to the ship. Seems like less of a hassle than staying by the port because we want see a few things before embarkment.

I think we will do the same. We are staying a El Convento but we want to tour OSJ before getting on the ship.

We were planning to board the ship, then get off and walk around Old San Juan. This makes that idea a bit more complicated.

It would have been nice to wake up and see the "Magic" at the pier by our hotel but we're fine with it sailing out of the Pan American pier. We are also staying at the El Convento so we'll do a little sightseeing in the morning before heading off to the pier early in the afternoon. Sept. 19th/20th can not get here soon enough!:goodvibes

Jckygirl, what beach or area would you recommend for kids? Does the lagoon side have an actual beach where the kids can play in the sand and in the water? How about the ocean side of that area or the area by Punta Escambron? We will be staying for a few days after our cruise and trying to decide on a hotel. Depending on the beaches available and which are better for kids, this night help us decide on a hotel.

No beaches inside the bay. Escrambon is my favorite beach for all ages. Bring some bread or crackers and you can feed the fish near the rocks. There are tropical fish knee deep waiting for their snacks. Good snorkeling for the kids because it's sheltered. The adults like to go too. My husband and so have come across octopus, flounders, and many tropical fish to name a few.

The caribe hilton is awesome and walking distance to escrambon

The Pan Am Pier is not that far away. 5-10 minutes depending on traffic. You could still drop off and go sight see. El convento is wonderful to stay at. It's right across from the Cathedral de San Juan and it used to be an old convent hence the name. Lots of history in that building. Stayed there once during a pcs military move.

Where are the excursions:confused3

Is tomorrow not the concierge booking window opening for the Sep 20 cruise?

Where are the excursions:confused3

Is tomorrow not the concierge booking window opening for the Sep 20 cruise?

I had a hard time finding them last night also when I had found them so easily a few weeks ago. Maybe updates for upcoming release are mixing up the site a little.

Scroll to the bottom of the main DCL page and click on site map. Click on San Juan, then the port adventures tab then at the bottom of that tab click view all port adventures then you can select St Kitts and St John's Antigua on the left.

I had a hard time finding them last night also when I had found them so easily a few weeks ago. Maybe updates for upcoming release are mixing up the site a little.

Scroll to the bottom of the main DCL page and click on site map. Click on San Juan, then the port adventures tab then at the bottom of that tab click view all port adventures then you can select St Kitts and St John's Antigua on the left.

Just hover your mouse over the Cruises & Destinations tab at the top of the page and then click on Port Adventures. On that page select Caribbean and the ports will load in the second drop box.

Just hover your mouse over the Cruises & Destinations tab at the top of the page and then click on Port Adventures. On that page select Caribbean and the ports will load in the second drop box.

That's how it usually works for me but this time I wasn't able to hover using an iPad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter