Southern Caribbean 2014. . . Let's Start the Planning!

Appreciate the info that has been posted here so far. We're on the September 20th sailing with another couple of friends.

Wish there was some concrete excursion info from DCL. Any experience with how far in advance they post for new itineraries?

:confused3

On the DCL home page if you log in and check your info for this cruise, the driving directions list Pier 4 as the destination, so I think that further buttresses the suspicion that we're sailing out of OSJ.

The OSJ Sheraton requires a two night stay if you try to book directly ( or even thru a points partner like Amtrak, we discovered). But based on a tip from another thread I was able to book two rooms at the OSJ Sheraton for just the night of the 3rd on Travelocity. A little over 200/room but OSJ is where we want to be to explore for the time before the cruise, so worth it to us.

Question for others - what time do you expect they'll allow us onboard - or at least allow up to drop off luggage? We'll all have to check out of our hotels long before the all aboard at 9:30pm so I'm hoping we can either leave our luggage with bell services at the hotel and go explore until its time to board.

We are hoping to fly in same day since it's such a late departure time. I can get direct flights out of canada that arrive at 3 pm.

We are hoping to fly in same day since it's such a late departure time. I can get direct flights out of canada that arrive at 3 pm.

We thought about doing the same, but for us there is only one flight that arrives early enough on the 4th. We didn't want to risk that one flight being cancelled. On past cruises we always flew in on the day of departure as there are many direct flights every day from our airport to MCO, so we don't have that same concern.

The OSJ Sheraton requires a two night stay if you try to book directly ( or even thru a points partner like Amtrak, we discovered). But based on a tip from another thread I was able to book two rooms at the OSJ Sheraton for just the night of the 3rd on Travelocity for a little over 200/room.

Thanks for this tip - booked Sheraton OSJ last night on Travelocity for $179 (before taxes & fees) last night for our one night stay on Friday Oct 10th. It was listed as 40% off for a fall sale :)

I've been taking a break from the DIS, but jumped on to check my subscribed threads real quick. Had I not subscribed to this thread, I would've missed out!

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for this tip - booked Sheraton OSJ last night on Travelocity for $179 (before taxes & fees) last night for our one night stay on Friday Oct 10th. It was listed as 40% off for a fall sale :) I've been taking a break from the DIS, but jumped on to check my subscribed threads real quick. Had I not subscribed to this thread, I would've missed out! Thank you!!! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Those taxes and fees are killer - added almost $100 to the total cost for our two rooms. Location, location, location. With the tiny person and grandparents in tow, I want one taxi/limo from the airport to the hotel and then no more cars until we're stepping off the ship again!

Those taxes and fees are killer - added almost $100 to the total cost for our two rooms. Location, location, location. With the tiny person and grandparents in tow, I want one taxi/limo from the airport to the hotel and then no more cars until we're stepping off the ship again!

Yes, added $40 to our room, but I didn't think $227 total was bad, honestly. I'm with you on the transportation 100% - love that we can walk to the ship from the hotel :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have read 2 posted times for all aboard on Oct. 4.....9:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. I know there may be people arriving late prior to sailing. Do they hold the safety drill about an hour before departure like they usually do when leaving Port Canaveral? If so, that would be in the middle of dinner seating for some. Just wondering.

my DH is a teacher (second career on top if it!!!:rotfl2:)

so the only time we can go on any type of vacation is on school breaks

does anyone know if theres any possibility that disney could offer this

itinerty any other time?!!

the ports sound terrific

any thoughts

thanks all

my DH is a teacher (second career on top if it!!!:rotfl2:)

so the only time we can go on any type of vacation is on school breaks

does anyone know if theres any possibility that disney could offer this

itinerty any other time?!!

the ports sound terrific

any thoughts

thanks all

At this time there is no word and only Disney knows... we're doing what we can to help these sell out! :lmao:

I have read 2 posted times for all aboard on Oct. 4.....9:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. I know there may be people arriving late prior to sailing. Do they hold the safety drill about an hour before departure like they usually do when leaving Port Canaveral? If so, that would be in the middle of dinner seating for some. Just wondering.

Great question. I really would rather do it upon boarding that afternoon versus our only day at sea. I did see on the DCL website that they are allowing boarding at approximately 1 pm.

When we did the Med a few years ago all aboard was 4 ish and then again at 9pm ish. Basically we had to be onboard for safety drill and then could get back off. But those with flight delays and such were still allowed to sail even if they missed the safety drill.

For this cruise, according to the pre arrival guide it says latest arrival into SJU airport is 6:30pm and all guests to be aboard by 9:30pm. So this leads me to believe they won't do the safety drill at the normal time, when they do it , who knows ?

Does anyone know if the suggested departure flight time same as it is for MCO being 12pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter