Southern California Trip, 1st time ever in the West Coast

pippi

Mouseketeer
don't know if this is the right place but I need help. (What else is new

We are planning to go to San Diego first before DL. That's me, hubby, DD 8, DD 6, DS 5, and DD 2. We got the Southern California City Passes so we are planning to visit Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios, and Legoland before hitting DL. We land on a Thursday and will start our adventures on Friday.

For those of you that have done these parks before can you help me decide which days to do what park? I've already figured out that Tuesday we would check out of our hotel in San Diego drive to Universal Studios, do some rides there and then check-in at our DL hotel. Wed. is my daughter's birthday so we want to make sure we're in DL for that. My husband also wants to see seals or something somewhere by La JOlla. Does anyone know anything about that? I'm thinking that'll be a good thing to do on Saturday since all the parks are probably very busy. Oh, we're going from 4/17 to 4/26.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Pippi

I generally avoid SeaWorld on the weekends. It gets very crowded, even moreso than the zoo. So if you have to go to one or the other on Sunday, I would vote for the zoo.

I haven't been to Legoland yet so cannot comment on good days for that.

Any day during the week is good for SeaWorld.

We're doing the same trip (except for Legoland), and you're actually going to be there the week before we are. As it stands now, our schedule is:

Fly in on Saturday
Zoo on Sunday
Sea World on Monday
Universal on Tuesday
Disneyland Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

thurs. - fly in and ck into hojo
fri. - disneyland
sat. - zoo
sun. - seaworld
mon. - disneyland
tues. - universal studios
wed. - disneyland
thurs. - fly home

can't wait! i'm ready to be there. i wanted our 1st and last night to be in disney!
mousiemom

traveling with 74 year old, myself-F 43, 14 yo F, 13 year old F

Traveling June 22-June 28

Night in Greensboro _our flight leaves early 5:45

Mon - Arrive Burbank, rent car, drive to San Diego, Zoo
Tue-am SanDiego
pm Disneyland (open til Midnight)
Wed- Disneyland
Thur- Disneyland
Fri- Hollywood/LA (not Universal)
SAt-return home

If the traffic at 8 am is driving this rural VA driver crazy then we might run to Down town Disney or ride down Harbor to get a look see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter