Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Just listened to the DIS broadcast, and was startled to hear that there were going to be only 21 folks on our ABD in October ... due to the number of OBB tickets available from Disney. That's pretty exciting...I think. ;)
Would you mind sharing which episode this was on? Thanks!

Just curious, and I'm sure it changes by the day, but what is the general meet up time in the mornings for the five day?

Husband is going to LOOOOVE that. LOLOL Me? I'm an early bird ... plus Pacific Time is 2 hours behind our time zone (Central). I'm counting on my body clock to get me through...
Use the time change to your advantage!

That works well for me up until we get to Disneyland, since the park is open until midnight all summer.

Use the time change to your advantage!

That works well for me up until we get to Disneyland, since the park is open until midnight all summer.
Yup -- for once is going to be advantageous to be on a different body clock. We're going to be there in the fall, so probably no midnight closing times. Perhaps, though, for the Oog Boog Bash night. Bwahahaha.

We are doing it too and I have a question: how humid is it in California? I have seen that, at the hottest time of day, the humidity is around 30%. Is it like that always? Is it usually dry? Or humid like Orlando?
I have been thinking back to your question about our humidity, with the approaching tropical storm. Right now it is 75 degrees and 80% humidity, almost FL weather LOL, while we await storm. Since the last time this type of storm hit CA was in 1939, I guess we can say we get high humidity every 84 years! :umbrella:

Edit - PS, I am such a humidity wimp, I don’t see how people in FL can deal with this every summer! :earsboy:

Last edited:
I have been thinking back to your question about our humidity, with the approaching tropical storm. Right now it is 75 degrees and 80% humidity, almost FL weather LOL, while we await storm. Since the last time this type of storm hit CA was in 1939, I guess we can say we get high humidity every 84 years! :umbrella:

Edit - PS, I am such a humidity wimp, I don’t see how people in FL can deal with this every summer! :earsboy:
I remember growing up in Southern CA, every once in a while, we'd get like a week-long heatwave where it would be really humid, even at night. It was bad if it was during the school year, as a lot of the buildings weren't air conditioned, and the sweat would just pour off you. But that was for one week! I can't *imagine* spending the whole summer like that!! (It's more humid in Ohio than Southern CA, but NOTHING compared to FL!!)

I hope you guys "weather" this storm OK!!

Sayhello

I remember growing up in Southern CA, every once in a while, we'd get like a week-long heatwave where it would be really humid, even at night. It was bad if it was during the school year, as a lot of the buildings weren't air conditioned, and the sweat would just pour off you. But that was for one week! I can't *imagine* spending the whole summer like that!! (It's more humid in Ohio than Southern CA, but NOTHING compared to FL!!)

I hope you guys "weather" this storm OK!!

Sayhello
Thanks - we are west of LA, expected to get mostly some fringes with a couple of inches of rain along with some wind. Others farther south will likely have it worse,

We live in Orlando and I joke that we “hibernate” in the summer because it’s just so hot and everything is crowded. 😂

Just got Magic Bands+ for an upcoming WDW/DCL trip & plan to use them on this DL ABD in November. They are linked to the DL app. I understand they are a bit more limited (won't hotel door) but how / when do you link them for park admission, LL, etc. for this trip?

Just got Magic Bands+ for an upcoming WDW/DCL trip & plan to use them on this DL ABD in November. They are linked to the DL app. I understand they are a bit more limited (won't hotel door) but how / when do you link them for park admission, LL, etc. for this trip?
My understanding is they are pretty useless at Disneyland, except for park entrance and Lightning Lanes. But since you already have them, at least it's not an added expense, so you may as well use them!

Sayhello

We used them last week on this ABD. When the Guides gave us our tickets I linked them and then assigned which Magic Band went to each ticket. We received our park tickets at dinner the night we arrived at Disneyland.

My understanding is they are pretty useless at Disneyland, except for park entrance and Lightning Lanes. But since you already have them, at least it's not an added expense, so you may as well use them!

Sayhello
We had the same situation where we bought them to use at WDW as well. We really liked being able to tap into lightning lanes and park entrance with the MB+ during the ABD trip.

My husband, the not-so-Disney-fan-but-a-good-sport-nonetheless, is having a birthday while we're going to be on our ABD Backstage Magic the first week of October. So...as a treat for him, I've booked him a massage/foot massage at the Spa at the Grand Californian on that Thursday morning. That's his birthday surprise -- I figured he might appreciate a morning of non-Disney-information-overload pampering at that point!

My husband, the not-so-Disney-fan-but-a-good-sport-nonetheless, is having a birthday while we're going to be on our ABD Backstage Magic the first week of October. So...as a treat for him, I've booked him a massage/foot massage at the Spa at the Grand Californian on that Thursday morning. That's his birthday surprise -- I figured he might appreciate a morning of non-Disney-information-overload pampering at that point!
Thursday morning is the day you will wake up the earliest and will be done by 10:30 am with the morning activities. Keep that in mind because it is quite a special morning to miss.

Also don't forget to tell the guides about your husband birthday on the 1st meeting before dinner on Sunday. You will not regret it 😉

Thursday morning is the day you will wake up the earliest and will be done by 10:30 am with the morning activities. Keep that in mind because it is quite a special morning to miss.

Also don't forget to tell the guides about your husband birthday on the 1st meeting before dinner on Sunday. You will not regret it 😉
Thanks for this. I re-booked him for Friday morning, the day of departure. He’ll need the foot massage by then. Our flight doesn’t leave LAX until 7pm so he’ll have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter