Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

We're booked for the adults-only November 12-17 with a pre & post day. First ABD for us (& probably the only). The 100th anniversary seemed like the right time to go behind the scenes at Walt's Studio & Park. We're taking a California Coastal cruise RT LA the week before.
Been to WDW many times at the holidays but not DL so hoping the decorations are up by November 14 when we get there...

Getting ready to head out on our trip later this month! A couple last minute questions.
I know the guides do the photos, but will we get the PhotoPass package included?
Also, for shoes, I thought I read somewhere we need closed toe shoes, but now I can't find that. I will likely have tennis shoes with, but was it ever required that we wear closed toe shoes? I find Chaco sandals the most comfortable. I'm assuming if we do need, the guides will tell us the night before so we dress appropriately. Thanks!!!!

I thought I read somewhere we need closed toe shoes, but now I can't find that. I will likely have tennis shoes with, but was it ever required that we wear closed toe shoes?
Some areas of the tour do require closed toe shoes. IIRC these are in the back stage areas of DL/DCA but there could be other locations. Talk to your guides when you meet them on the first day.

Been to WDW many times at the holidays but not DL so hoping the decorations are up by November 14 when we get there...
If the usual timing holds true, you should see the Christmas decorations. Disneyland usually has them up for the weekend before the full week before thanksgiving week, which in 2023 would be starting November 10/11.

Some areas of the tour do require closed toe shoes. IIRC these are in the back stage areas of DL/DCA but there could be other locations. Talk to your guides when you meet them on the first day.
Backstage at the parks is the first time I noticed it. One of our group didn't have them, so our guide grabbed some crocs from a shop.

Getting ready to head out on our trip later this month! A couple last minute questions.
I know the guides do the photos, but will we get the PhotoPass package included?
Also, for shoes, I thought I read somewhere we need closed toe shoes, but now I can't find that. I will likely have tennis shoes with, but was it ever required that we wear closed toe shoes? I find Chaco sandals the most comfortable. I'm assuming if we do need, the guides will tell us the night before so we dress appropriately. Thanks!!!!
You don't get photopass for the parks included, but you could add it yourself. The photos guides take are all included, no extra charges.

Bummer. I think the ride photos should be included! It would be little to no expense for them but such a nice bonus for ABD customers!!
I agree, it would be nice to include that with your ticket.

I think they should give you PhotoPass on the trip too. That way, if you run into a character or find yourself in a location with a PhotoPass photographer when you are exploring the parks on your own, you can get a wonderful picture.

Hey this thread is a ghost town lately...
Anyone going on this trip in the near future?
We’re just now booking for an adults only tour beginning Nov 10, 2024. It’ll be myself, my adult daughter (32), my BFF and her sister. My BFF and I did this tour for our 40th birthday in 2015 (a year late) and are booking another for our 50th with additional guests because we had the absolute best time.

I’ve read through the later pages of this thread and I’m a little disappointed that MB+ and PhotoPass isn’t included with the tour, it’s not a cheap trip.
We’ve decided to come in 2 days prior and stay 3 days after to make the most of our time. We learned last time the tour is go go go so we thought the additional days we can go at a vacation pace. We’re coming from Ontario (the good one, not the one in California :)) so we want to get the most out of our abysmal exchange rate and we usually hit WDW for 2 weeks at a time anyways.

Only 18 long months to go :cloud9:

For someone new to Disneyland… any restaurants you’d recommend making reservations for that aren’t visited during the tour? We’ll be staying a few extra days and will want to get some sit down restaurant breaks. I think I heard not to make reservations for the tour on-your-own times because there isn’t quite enough time to sit down and eat, correct?

For someone new to Disneyland… any restaurants you’d recommend making reservations for that aren’t visited during the tour? We’ll be staying a few extra days and will want to get some sit down restaurant breaks. I think I heard not to make reservations for the tour on-your-own times because there isn’t quite enough time to sit down and eat, correct?

To answer your second question, the only time you might want to make a reservation is dinner on day 4. The other days are either very busy or the meals are covered.

During your extra days, I would definitely recommend a Fantasmic Dining Package. The show is amazing but viewing is extremely difficult without a package. Of the two restaurants offered, I would recommend Blue Bayou.

Carthay Circle and Napa Rose are both great, high-end restaurants, and you should get a reservation for those if you want to eat there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter