Southeast Coast Storm?

tinawv

Dis Veteran
We arrive in WDW on May 12. A little worried about the possible storm that could hit the Southeast coast later this week. Each day I look at the weather forecast, and the first three days of our stay are showing two days with 80% chance of rain and one day with 50% chance. This is as far as I can see at this point. I know the weather can change between now and then, but I have an uneasy feeling that we may see more rain than normal for this time of year in Florida. Any thoughts on how accurate the weather is six or seven days out? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Woah, some kind of time machine? You know the forcast for Sept 12 already? Can i have this week's powerball numbers?

Woah, some kind of time machine? You know the forcast for Sept 12 already? Can i have this week's powerball numbers?

No time machine. Just looking at weather.com and Intelicast, and if I had the power ball numbers I would keep them to myself. :)

We arrive in WDW on May 12. A little worried about the possible storm that could hit the Southeast coast later this week. Each day I look at the weather forecast, and the first three days of our stay are showing two days with 80% chance of rain and one day with 50% chance. This is as far as I can see at this point. I know the weather can change between now and then, but I have an uneasy feeling that we may see more rain than normal for this time of year in Florida. Any thoughts on how accurate the weather is six or seven days out? Thanks in advance.
It will probably change 8 or 9 times in the next week. Seriously.

But, let me ask you this: Is there really anything you can do about it?

As a lifelong Floridian, I say with confidence and experience it's garbage. That doesn't mean it will be wrong, only that it is a complete and utter WAG.

It will probably change 8 or 9 times in the next week. Seriously.

But, let me ask you this: Is there really anything you can do about it?

Nope, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little disappointing. Mainly just looking for some friendly opinions about how the weather can change six or seven days out. Thank you.

Nope, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little disappointing. Mainly just looking for some friendly opinions about how the weather can change six or seven days out. Thank you.
Tremendously. I say this in all honesty and sincerity, you are wasting your time checking the forecast this far out. 2-3 days is the earliest to look and even then it could well change. As for chances of rain, there will be a chance of rain in FL every day between now and Oct.

Thank you mesaboy2. Still looking forward to our trip rain or shine; just like to have more shine than rain - lol.

Try not to worry about things you can't change.

One thing that I have found is that here in the Raleigh, NC area they are disgustingly accurate. It used to be if they said it's going to rain you could pretty much plan a picnic. Now they have it down to the hour at least a day, sometimes more ahead of time. If they say at 9am that it is going to be clear until 7pm when they are expecting a front to go through, you better have an umbrella with you come 7pm. cause it's going to be raining.

One thing that I have found is that here in the Raleigh, NC area they are disgustingly accurate. It used to be if they said it's going to rain you could pretty much plan a picnic. Now they have it down to the hour at least a day, sometimes more ahead of time. If they say at 9am that it is going to be clear until 7pm when they are expecting a front to go through, you better have an umbrella with you come 7pm. cause it's going to be raining.

We have the same disgustingly luck here in Parkersburg, WV, too. Another way to predict rain for me is to wash my car. :tongue:

I will be down there May 11-16 and while I don't want it to rain all week, I am probably the only person who gets disappointed that it is supposed to be 90+ degrees all week! I start melting at about 85. :sunny::sunny:

I will be down there May 11-16 and while I don't want it to rain all week, I am probably the only person who gets disappointed that it is supposed to be 90+ degrees all week! I start melting at about 85. :sunny::sunny:

OHH I am right there with you ! I am dreading the weather because I have forgotten how much humidity sucks ( Living in California now) but what can ya do , I know it was a risk when we chose these dates. We will be there May 9th-15th. :)

Living in Florida for 23 years I at least have an idea..all I can say is bring on the rain lol.

I'm in Oklahoma and we get the humidity here too, but not as bad. But I have one of those little water mister fans that I got from Walmart. What a life saver! I notice that my shopping always seems to increase the hotter it is too!

I'm in Oklahoma and we get the humidity here too, but not as bad. But I have one of those little water mister fans that I got from Walmart. What a life saver! I notice that my shopping always seems to increase the hotter it is too!

Oh yeah we found a small mister fan from Sports Authority that fits in our mini backpack perfect too ! Definitely glad I thought ahead on that !
We are rope drop people so we try to go early get as much done , find a good place /shade for lunch and go from there. We have a pretty heave ADR schedule so I am hoping that helps give us "breaks".

I've been in WDW during a hurricane.....you'll be fine! We were one of the last flights to arrive that day...5 hrs later, Hurricane Charley arrived. But, with that in mind......it's a very unusual storm that affects WDW. Yes, you may very well get a lot of wind and rain, but you can still have a great time. That's the chance we take going there from May to Nov. I always expect rain at this time of year. I'm heading down on May 17th...I have 15 disposable ponchos ready to be packed for the three of us!! Wear water proof shoes and we're good to go!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter