• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

South American Groups

All walks of life are rude and foolish at some point. Even I act rude or foolish; its to the extent of how far you go. I'm not trying to be prejudice here it just so happens that the group making all this talk happens to be a south american group. If the group was a group from france I would say the french group. Now i've done searches on here and these groups have made several threads so they must be doing a little more than average "foolish or rude acts".

I experienced the South American visitors last year myself. I also experienced them chanting while we sat and waited for an hour before Fantasmic. They we noisy, and competitive and FUN! That's right fun. These kids were having a ball. Did some of them get a little rowdy? probably, but I have witnessed some of our good ole American born kids of all races do the same or worse!

In fact when we were at the parks for a week I ran into them everywhere, but at no time did I think the groups were out of line.

Now the group of band kids we took to competition last month... party:

(actually they were pretty good, but like the S. American kids...they were being just that...KIDS!)

toyotaae86lg said:
I'm not trying to be prejudice here it just so happens that the group making all this talk happens to be a south american group. If the group was a group from france I would say the french group. .

But, you'd still be making generalizations about a group
Maybe a South American person should come on this board and start a topic about "Those Rude Americans" and we shall see if people have a problem with it.

remmy_7 said:
Maybe a South American person should come on this board and start a topic about "Those Rude Americans" and we shall see if people have a problem with it.
If they made a thread about rude americans I would probably join in and read. There are rude americans at disney, there are rude asians (i'm asian) at disney....dont' get my thoughts wrong....My last few times at disney have been great. I've actually never seen these groups but have only read what people say. They might be the nicest people i've ever met....you never know.

jahow7 said:
Chanting USA USA is moronic and childish. If someone wants to act like an idiot, it doesn't mean that we have to stoop to their level.
Would an American visiting Disneyland Paris like to hear Frenchmen chant Vive La France if for some reason they don't like Americans? Or how about Tokyo Disneyland? Would you like to heat them chant Japan, Japan?
Let's try to be adults about this and act in an adult manner.

The difference here is that it was the crowd's way of telling the visitors that "yes, we know you are here and proud, now please calm down and let us enjoy our stay"

it wasn't rude or childish, it was a fairly passive way of getting our point across. And apparently it worked, cause there was no more chanting for the rest of the week from what I could see.

There's a point where raucous and energetic behavior is refreshing, but it too has a line. Often times it is crossed by SOME members of these groups with no regard for anybody else. I've seen plenty of Americans act stupid too, but you get 60-70 15 year old kids, and get 20 of those groups in one park, that's where the problem is.

Dont know if these are the same but In December there was around 100 Brazilians staying at The QII when we were there,And they were Total ...(I wont say what I really think..) these were late teens early 20s and every night until 4/5 AM they were drinking on the balconys,Singing shouting etc..
They were also banging on doors and Phoning each other and sometimes getting the number wrong? On Purpose So your phone was ringing all night ( I got it Cut out..)
One night a group walked past our room and kicked our AC Unit when I went to the door they all looked at me and one shouted WASSUP!!
In the morning they were waiting outside the restaurant and all piled in for breakfast so noone else could get in.. One morning I bought an English paper and was reading it in reception and I kid you not when My back was turned one of the group stole it and ran off the others were all laughing..
In the end a few got thrown out..
It was similar to all these horror stories you hear about drinking in Spain..
Id been at the QII 4 times but this amongst other reasons i will never stay there again
Thing is I have a good froend who lives in Vegas but was born in Rio I got in touch with him afterwards and he said i should have thrown them in the pool! And in his exact words he said I should have warned you about them A******S who go to Orlando..!

jahow7 said:
Chanting USA USA is moronic and childish. If someone wants to act like an idiot, it doesn't mean that we have to stoop to their level.
Would an American visiting Disneyland Paris like to hear Frenchmen chant Vive La France if for some reason they don't like Americans? Or how about Tokyo Disneyland? Would you like to heat them chant Japan, Japan?
Let's try to be adults about this and act in an adult manner.
But we are not the ones acting so rudely at Disney! We don't push people and knock down little kids or chant while others are trying to watch shows. They have alot of nerve thinking they are entitled to be rude. I don't blame people for getting fed up on their vacation having to put up with this. If and American visited Disneyland Paris they would not act like this would they! :confused3

I can't believe that anyone thinks chanting USA would be rude and childish, while it is perfectly okay for the Brazillians, ummm, I mean, ummm, South Americans, to do it.

I also can't believe that we are so PC that people are even having a hard time saying Brazillians. If it is Brazillians then say it. No need to condemn the whole of South America!

I haven't run into them yet, but if I do and they are rude and chanting and making my time miserable, then I will chant USA as loud as I can. If I go to France and I am loud and rude and I chant USA for no apparent reason, then I would expect the French to chant Viva La France and shut me the heck up!

We were in the world in May and encountered several groups especially at DTD, they were very rude.

So sorry guys looks as if they vacation during slower times of the year as well!!

We just got back yesterday from 7 days with the Mouse and saw Brazilian groups everywhere we went. Never had a problem with any of them (but I can see where their chanting during shows could be an issue). Frankly I've experienced far worse with much more American groups (Black, White, and Hispanic - but generally not Asian - they just drive slow in the passing lane on the way to the park) at other parks. To me the diversity of languages and cultures exhibited by visitors added greatly to the Disney appeal.

As a general rule too if someone pushes me or my kids they'll get a face full of me (or a well placed and semi-discrete hip check or toe stomp) and that's usually the end of the problem (if not I seek out a CM or store employee and make sure that they or a manager assume ownership of the problem - or else they'll have a problem with me). Not that I had to resort to any of this last week...

When we were there in March there was a group of cheeleaders riding the bus back to movies resort who refused to listen to their slightly older chaperones, They were yelling, screaming, and falling into everyone on the bus. My son and the little girl across the isle were so scared, they were crying. The little girl across the isle was so scared she threw up all over herself and wet her pants. No one even the bus driver could get these girls to behave. They also were climbing all over the icons when there were signs that clearly stated no climbing.

frayedend said:
I can't believe that anyone thinks chanting USA would be rude and childish, while it is perfectly okay for the Brazillians, ummm, I mean, ummm, South Americans, to do it.

I also can't believe that we are so PC that people are even having a hard time saying Brazillians. If it is Brazillians then say it. No need to condemn the whole of South America!

I haven't run into them yet, but if I do and they are rude and chanting and making my time miserable, then I will chant USA as loud as I can. If I go to France and I am loud and rude and I chant USA for no apparent reason, then I would expect the French to chant Viva La France and shut me the heck up!
Exactly! :thumbsup2

We saw one group in early December. I couldnt imagine more than 1 group! We only saw them at MGM, they chanted forever before Lights, Action, stuntshow. (I thought Dh was going to lose it.) When I traveled out of the USA I could never imagine acting like these kids did, and the guides were just as bad or worse than the kids!

Sorry, but I don't feel identifying groups who are REPEATED & FLAGRANT violators (note the number of posts raising issues) of the standards of common decency are meant to be in any way derogatory about any ethnic group as a whole.

Next week we're doing our first summer visit & I certainly hope it's not going to be marred by the types of displays I'm reading about here. I certainly hope that guests who are unable to enjoy their visit take the time to make it very clear to Disney that it is unacceptable to look the other way and wring their hands about this situation. I don't care who it is, if the company can't tackle these types of issues now, when the impact hits the bottom line it will be too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter