South Africa!

Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
Detailed trip report coming!

We returned several weeks ago from the best Adventures by Disney tour yet. I've almost unpacked. This was our third ABD, and each time they get better. I really did not think anything could top our Peru trip. This trip absolutely cannot be beat. We had a great (and very active) group of 13 people in late April/early May. (11 of the best adults on the face of the planet, with our twin 11 year old girls) To those of you already signed up for this year, your guides, Craig and Jason, make a perfect team. They have refined the level of hospitality to an ideal level. To those on the fence about going, JUMP! As someone who is incredibly cheap about spending, this trip could be double the price, and you will still get your money's worth. I will never ever consider taking a group tour trip that isn't with ABD now.

To foodies, you will be in paradise. I gained almost ten pounds.

To history buffs, you cannot find a more open, amazing culture that literally rolls out before you. All you have to do is ask, and the South Africans just open up. I learned more new and interesting items than in both previous ABD trips combined.

To animal and bird lovers, this really is the Garden of Eden. Our bird and animal sighting list continues to grow as we identify, but we added over 300 to our lifelists.

To those who like an active challenging trip, you will have some great opportunities (and a little time on your own to go to the limit)

To those who like a relaxing quiet event, the Kapama Spa will melt you away. Actually, if I ever get to heaven, I hope it will be Kapama.

To the shopaholic, South Africa puts the Mall of America to shame.

Throughout the trip, you will be pampered beyond belief, by your guides, by the hotels, by everyone. I still cannot get over the special ABD room the hotel created for us at Knysnia. My girls cannot stop talking about everything, and the school system has asked that they give a presentation on the country to the entire middle school system.

To our compatriots on the "party bus" we give our heartfelt thanks, because each of you is now a part of our family, and you made this trip spectacular. (Okay, Jason and Craig decking the bus out in style for Royal wedding certainly set the stage). Every trip we have taken with ABD is different, and each has its own style based on the guides and the participants. I cannot imagine a better group to travel with. I hope you all will also jump in (okay, we know you are lurkers....) and add to our report.

I regret that several of my personal favorites are no longer available, as we were the very last of the 2010 treks. Ostriches were great fun (Okay, perhaps it was all the men in our group wearing ostrich feathers that was great fun), but the drive up the garden route, the special pizza lunch and the climbing all over, in and through steam locomotives in the train museum (and swimming in the Indian Ocean within site of the shark diving cages) was unforgettable.

To those on this board that shared their experiences, your information helped persuade us to do this trip, and we are forever in your debt. (Okay, given what all my wife and kids bought and spent, perhaps I should simply say forever in debt).

We are still unpacking and sorting through pictures. I love the video beachbunny posted. She does a great job of showcasing some of the scenery. We will share a somewhat different perspective of South Africa.

Can't wait to read your trip report. This trip is high on my list of places to go!:banana:

But Grifdog22, did you enjoy your trip??? :rotfl:

Glad you had such a fabulous time. I'm definitely looking forward to your Trip Report!

Sayhello

Detailed trip report coming!

We returned several weeks ago from the best Adventures by Disney tour yet. I've almost unpacked. This was our third ABD, and each time they get better. I really did not think anything could top our Peru trip. This trip absolutely cannot be beat. We had a great (and very active) group of 13 people in late April/early May. (11 of the best adults on the face of the planet, with our twin 11 year old girls) To those of you already signed up for this year, your guides, Craig and Jason, make a perfect team. They have refined the level of hospitality to an ideal level. To those on the fence about going, JUMP! As someone who is incredibly cheap about spending, this trip could be double the price, and you will still get your money's worth. I will never ever consider taking a group tour trip that isn't with ABD now.

To foodies, you will be in paradise. I gained almost ten pounds.

To history buffs, you cannot find a more open, amazing culture that literally rolls out before you. All you have to do is ask, and the South Africans just open up. I learned more new and interesting items than in both previous ABD trips combined.

To animal and bird lovers, this really is the Garden of Eden. Our bird and animal sighting list continues to grow as we identify, but we added over 300 to our lifelists.

To those who like an active challenging trip, you will have some great opportunities (and a little time on your own to go to the limit)

To those who like a relaxing quiet event, the Kapama Spa will melt you away. Actually, if I ever get to heaven, I hope it will be Kapama.

To the shopaholic, South Africa puts the Mall of America to shame.

Throughout the trip, you will be pampered beyond belief, by your guides, by the hotels, by everyone. I still cannot get over the special ABD room the hotel created for us at Knysnia. My girls cannot stop talking about everything, and the school system has asked that they give a presentation on the country to the entire middle school system.

To our compatriots on the "party bus" we give our heartfelt thanks, because each of you is now a part of our family, and you made this trip spectacular. (Okay, Jason and Craig decking the bus out in style for Royal wedding certainly set the stage). Every trip we have taken with ABD is different, and each has its own style based on the guides and the participants. I cannot imagine a better group to travel with. I hope you all will also jump in (okay, we know you are lurkers....) and add to our report.

I regret that several of my personal favorites are no longer available, as we were the very last of the 2010 treks. Ostriches were great fun (Okay, perhaps it was all the men in our group wearing ostrich feathers that was great fun), but the drive up the garden route, the special pizza lunch and the climbing all over, in and through steam locomotives in the train museum (and swimming in the Indian Ocean within site of the shark diving cages) was unforgettable.

To those on this board that shared their experiences, your information helped persuade us to do this trip, and we are forever in your debt. (Okay, given what all my wife and kids bought and spent, perhaps I should simply say forever in debt).

We are still unpacking and sorting through pictures. I love the video beachbunny posted. She does a great job of showcasing some of the scenery. We will share a somewhat different perspective of South Africa.

I'm so glad that you went and enjoyed this beautiful and spectacular company.

I agree that the shopping is great. We're fellow Foodies. We so loved all of the South African food.

We'd go back in a heartbeat for the shopping and the food.

Honestly we would go back just because South Africa is such a beautiful and loveable country.

:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter