• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sourhwest 72 hour sale!!!

ferrero121

Mouseketeer
Everyone go check Southwest Airline. They are having a big sale. We just booked Our flights From Pittsburgh To Orlando In September For only $200 roundtrio per person.

Our flight will be. Operated by AirTran But we get all the perks of Southwest Including no baggage check in few for up to 2 bags!!!

file.php

Thanks for the advice ferrero121 and welcome to Dis Boards :thumbsup2

I needed flights to meet my daughter, in Minnesota, before we leave together for Disney. I got flights for $49 one way. It was what I was hoping for, only cheaper. I was willing to pay up to $89 one way. It's cheaper than driving. It will be my first time flying SW.

What I thought was weird is that you didn't pick your seat. Has anyone flown SWA before and know when you can pick your seat or do they just assign one to you?

SW has no assigned seats. They have a boarding order that's roughly determined by the order you get your boarding passes.

They may have changed it slightly from when we went, but in general your pass has a number: A 1-60, B 1-60, C 1-whatever. You can purchase early bird in which SW puts in your order automatically for you at I believe 36 hours before the fight. Business class is either right before that or after. The next is people who check in after the 24 hour mark right before your flight (in order of check-in, so the earlier the better your number.)

There's some special cases. Handicapped guests can get pre boarding passes for themselves and a guest and board before the A group. If you have a very small child (not sure of age) they let you board I believe after the A group so you aren't separated.

It actually works really fast. They call pre boarding, then As, (small children), Bs, CS. They're actually numbered "pillars" that you stand by in order and then board.

First time we flew SW we didn't do early bird and I kind if stressed about it. Then POP gave us two boarding passes for DD and none for me. (Our names are similar.) We didn't realize it until we were going through security; SW was helpful, but it was a mess. Last trip we did early bird on the return trip so I wouldn't have to worry about it. For me it was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter