Sounds odd, but need to know how to NOT use a prepaid Memory Maker

MomToPirate&Princess

Mouseketeer
We prepaid Memory Maker for our August family trip. It shows up linked in MyDisneyExperience. Here's my problem. DH and I have booked a weekend trip in May. We will only be there for 2 days and will not take enough pictures to make it worth the Memory Maker package. However, we will have a few taken probably using my camera but also with the Memory Maker Photographers camera. Now that everything is included in the Magic Bands, how can we save our Memory Maker package purchase for August? Will pictures take in May go toward that package and prevent us from using it in August? (Note: we are not trying to get 2 trips out of one purchase. We just don't want our May pictures to mess up using it in August). I hope that makes sense?
Thanks.

Don't they still have the option of getting a card from the photo pass photographer? If so just get that and don't let the photo pass photographers put photos on your magic band in your May trip. It seems like that would prevent any chance of the MM being activated and still let OP view the May pics.

Don't they still have the option of getting a card from the photo pass photographer? If so just get that and don't let the photo pass photographers put photos on your magic band in your May trip. It seems like that would prevent any chance of the MM being activated and still let OP view the May pics.

Yes, you can still get cards from the photographers, because not everyone gets Memory Maker nor does everyone have a Magic Band. I would assume then that you're right and that as long as pictures taken in May are put on a card that they won't go on MM.

The pics on the PhotoPass card have to be "claimed" by a PhotoPass account in order to be viewed. So you'll need to create a separate PP account (I don't think it has to be associated with an MDE account) and that will allow you to view any May photos. If you want to buy any, you'll be able to do that too through the separate PP account without activating the MM entitlements you bought for August.

4. View and download your photos. Once you download the first photo, you have 30 days to capture more photos. Photos remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken.
This is from disneys memory maker info
. I would think that the memory maker would be connected to the trip you bought it for but sadly I cant find anything that confirms it. I purchased the memory maker for a 3 day trip and took tons of photos in 3 different parks and then my DW used them to make a photo book when we got back and I am making a quick 2 day trip for the 24 hr event with my DS and am thinking about doing the same so we can make a photo book. It all depends on how well you take advantage of it.

Can you not cancel memory maker and then add it agsin in August? Am I not understanding the simplistic fix For this?

I feel like I read a report of this situation with someone else on the boards at some point. If it is activated you can call PP and they can cancel out the pictures from your trip and have it there for August.

Just don't download any of your photos. MM isn't activated until then.
^This. The photo system picks up ride photos when you wear your Magicband, and you can see those in your MDE account. It doesn't matter if you have MM. If you want to have some PP photos taken, and put them on MB those also will be linked to your MDE. You can view them, but don't need to buy them (directly or with MM) if you don't want to. They simply time out of the system.

If you do not expressly use the MM when downloading, it's still available to you for a later trip.

If you are trying to bridge two trips together, there are other threads that discuss maxing the number of days to capture on one MM purchase. I did not understand the OP to be asking that.

I am certain it will remain on your account until you start downloading pictures, as this worked for my family last year. At one point between my mom and I, we had 3 MMs attached to our accounts (they were doing a promotion where each of us got one for free and we had one that was purchased prior to then). So, for the first trip we took in the summer, we did all of the edits and downloaded from one account, which used the entitlement of one MM....the other 2 remained on our accounts (one on mine and one on hers). Then we used the second one when we went for MNSSHP and MVMCP. It still only used the one entitlement (my MM, leaving the other MM on her account). We currently have one MM left on her account.

Now, dependent on when exactly your trips are, you may be able to stretch that MM for both of them if you want to, but that would depend on when exactly your trips are as they could be too far apart to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter