Sounds Like WDW Is Crazy Busy Right Now

We love Disney, but we've uttered the phrase, "We shouldn't have come" many times this week. We are seeing lots of rudeness and shoving due to the huge crowds, and we don't work that way...

Good luck to anyone coming down this week, Tiger

So sorry to hear this. Hope it gets better for you soon. They say the crowds should let up by Sunday, but how they know that I don't know as no one predicted this week to be as crazy busy as it's been. Does anyone know if Florida schools are out this week?

So sorry to hear this. Hope it gets better for you soon. They say the crowds should let up by Sunday, but how they know that I don't know as no one predicted this week to be as crazy busy as it's been. Does anyone know if Florida schools are out this week?

I think most FL schools are March 29-April 4

:sad2:

These reports are worrying me. But, honestly we don't have many "must do" attractions and the vast majority of the ones we do have are FP. Hopefully we'll knock off some things first thing in the morning, and then between FP, character meals, "minor" attractions and ice cream breaks we'll manage to have a good time. My kids will be happy to do things like play in the playgrounds and swim in the hotel pool, and if we have a character meal and a couple of rides on top of that, I think we'll be fine.

We were at MK on Monday, it was pretty busy. I took this from Dumbo:

We waited for about 50 minutes for Dumbo (it was a 30 minute wait from the sign, but we'd been in line about 20 minutes before we got to the sign) and wait time listed for the fairies was 60, but we got in after about 50 there, too. We thought about hopping to Epcot after lunch, but our wait times app had Soarin & TT at 120+ minutes. TTA was about a 10 minute wait, think we stood for around 20-30 minutes for Laugh Floor. 10 minute wait for Teacups, at most, and walked on to Pooh (but that was right after Wishes). We stood in line about 10 minutes at Minnie's house, too, though her garden/gazebo was empty. Also almost no line at Harmony barber shop which is weird (we usually wait about 30 minutes there).

I was there on Monday as well. It was a MADHOUSE around noon in Fantasyland. We have been good about sticking to our Touringplans, and really staying ahead of a lot of the mayhem. Also, our GAD FP's have been a lifesaver... I am SO thankful I did the program!

I was checking and last night died down quite a bit 10pm-12am. The wait times for the rides were (finally) reasonable. Right now it's 10:30am in WDW and here are a sampling of the waits:

JC 40 min
Star Tours 60 mins
EE 40 mins
TSM 90 mins FP's are GONE!
Dinosaur 30 mins
Buzz 25 mins
Safaris 20 mins
RnRC 80 Mins
ToT 50 mins

So it's not as bad today. Last night I saw IASW waits were almost an hour where PP was 40 minutes. :confused3:confused3 What kind of crowd is there now??? I think after having studied the wait times over this week the old adage of get there early, go back to the hotel from 12-5pm then hit the parks again and stay late is a good plan!

I think after having studied the wait times over this week the old adage of get there early, go back to the hotel from 12-5pm then hit the parks again and stay late is a good plan!

Could be a great plan, or a really horrible one, depending on how close to capacity the park gets.

Could be a great plan, or a really horrible one, depending on how close to capacity the park gets.

I think if the park is closed due to capacity you wouldn't want to be in there anyway and should go to another park. The preferred park each day is of utmost importance and has played out well this week except for Tuesday, where Epcot was the preferred park and the wait times there were horrendous. But Epcot has fewer E ticket attractions and so with great crowds there will naturally be large wait times at Soarin, TT, and M:S.

Today the preferred park is AK and wait times are manageable. At 11am EE is 37 minutes, Dino 21, Safaris 25. Those poor people who slept late will be reeling with the wait times at midday IMO. :sad2:

I was really fretting Tues and yesterday but today I am feeling that with a good plan the crowds will be manageable.
:thumbsup2

I think if the park is closed due to capacity you wouldn't want to be in there anyway and should go to another park. The preferred park each day is of utmost importance and has played out well this week except for Tuesday, where Epcot was the preferred park and the wait times there were horrendous. But Epcot has fewer E ticket attractions and so with great crowds there will naturally be large wait times at Soarin, TT, and M:S.

Today the preferred park is AK and wait times are manageable. At 11am EE is 37 minutes, Dino 21, Safaris 25. Those poor people who slept late will be reeling with the wait times at midday IMO. :sad2:

I was really fretting Tues and yesterday but today I am feeling that with a good plan the crowds will be manageable.
:thumbsup2

Crowds are heavy but definitelty manageable. Last night I basically walked on HM, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. Saw the parade and fireworks.

Today got a fp for ToT, waited in the queue for Great Movie Ride, which is almost an attraction of its own, walked on Star Tours, and now using my FP for ToT.

Just have a plan and know walking on some major attractions just aint gonna happen. Weather is beautiful!

I'm actually thinking of going to that other park tomorrow. Gasp!!

Current wait times:

MK
Space - 50 minutes (fastpass 8:40)
Big Thunder - 40 minutes (fastpass 2:40)
Splash - 35 minutes (fastpass 2:35)
Pirates - 15 minutes
Jungle Cruise - 25 minutes (fastpass 2:15)
Haunted Mansion - 15 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight - 40 minutes (fastpasses 3:45)
It's a Small World - 15 minutes
Winnie the Pooh - 30 minutes (fastpass 2:25)

Epcot
Test Track - 80 minutes (fastpass GONE / single rider 20 min)
Mission Space: Green - 15 minutes (fastpass 1:57)
Mission Space Orange - 40 minutes (fastpass
Soarin - 95 minutes (fastpass GONE)
Living with the Land - 15 minutes (fastpass 1:40)
The Seas with Nemo and Friends - 10 minutes

DHS
Great Movie Ride - 20 minutes
Rock n Roller Coaster - 60 minutes (fastpass GONE / single rider 15 min)
Star Tours - 30 minutes (fastpass 1:50)
Tower of Terror - 50 minutes (fastpass 5:25)
Toy Story Mania - 70 minutes (fastpass GONE)

AK
Dinosaur - 25 minutes (fastpass 2:20)
Expedition Everest - 45 minutes (fastpass GONE / single rider 20 min)
It's Tough to be a Bug - 10 minutes
Kali River Rapids - 10 minutes (fastpass 1:55)
Kilimanjaro Safaris - 35 minutes (fastpass 2:10pm)

Does anyone have any idea how the week of April the 19 will be?? We are headed down for 8 nights... thanks

Is next week predicted to be as bad?

thanks for the update tinkerbell (are the FP times in parenthesis the wait times or return times?)

Dangit!! I was planning on making a long weekend because I'll be relatively near the area and have a long weekend and my AP. This is causing me to doubt that decision! I was there one time during the President's Day time, and it was INSANE!! OTOH, I have an AP, so it won't cost me to get in to the parks, and I am at the point where doing the attractions isn't THAT critical.

Dangit though!!

i was in MK on presidents day this year. they had it listed as an 8. it more like an 18! INSANITY is an understatment. IASM was 85 minute wait.

we will be there april 19th - the 23rd. i hope its not still super packed.

Is next week predicted to be as bad?

thanks for the update tinkerbell (are the FP times in parenthesis the wait times or return times?)

They are the distribution times. So right now, you can get a fastpass for ____ time at ___________ attraction.

Are the crowds just really big for spring break or are they even bigger than a typical summer day?

I was there on Monday as well. It was a MADHOUSE around noon in Fantasyland. We have been good about sticking to our Touringplans, and really staying ahead of a lot of the mayhem. Also, our GAD FP's have been a lifesaver... I am SO thankful I did the program!

Marcielm, what program are you talking about? What are GAD fastpasses? Does it stand for Good All Day? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter