Sounds Dangerous at DHS Closed?

vfd265

Mouseketeer
I noticed on touringplans.com that the Sounds Dangerous attraction is listed as being closed from 12/08 through 12/09. However, I can't verify this info on Disney's website. Anyone know for sure?

It has gone to Seasonal status, so it's only open when there are heavy crowds.

I think it's even (worse or better - take your pick) than that - it may be listed as seasonal, but it wasn't open at Christmas and I don't think at Easter either. Put a fork in it - I think it's done.

We've only been to Disney once, didn't see much of the Studios. We thought about checking out Sounds Dangerous. Is it worth it?

the best part of Sounds Dangerous was the post-show in the dark booths and the voiceovers....we didn't stop by SD in December, but I know that the Animation building has the voiceovers now :)

What is the show about from begining to end? Did I miss out on anything by not experencing it when I had the chance?

What is the show about from begining to end? Did I miss out on anything by not experencing it when I had the chance?

Absolutely not. It'll be nice if it's closed for good.

It's a good place to take a nap but they could have done much better with Sounds Dangerous.

I am one of the odd ones. I really liked this attraction....mostly because I think the function of the brain is cool.

You enter a theater and there is one set of earphones per seat. You have to wear these headphones during the entire attraction, making sure that the the left ear piece is on the left ear, etc. It starts by watching a movie about a guy (Drew Carey) who is doing detective work. he is wearing a hidden camera with microphone, so you can see and hear exactly what he does. Part way into the film, the camera has technical difficulties. You are now in black darkness, but you can still hear what Drew is saying and everything around him. For example, he sits in a barber chair and as you listen to the audio feed, the sound makes you feel like you are the one sitting in the barber chair. There are a few other things he does on his venture, but overall, I thought it was neat. Just sound alone can make you feel like you are experiencing something when really you are not.

As I said, I am an odd one. I miss this attraction. It was a nice place to relax in the AC.

I hope it's closed when we go in a few weeks so I don't have to talk DD and DS's families out of going in. I think that was something they put in to fill space because they ran out of ideas. IMHO (like the Ellen ride @ Epcot) good for a quick nap :goodvibes .

Sounds dangerous is pretty boring. We did it once and didn't get or like it! Can't say i'll miss it. They should close it altogether and put something fun!

Oh, I don't think Disney ran out of ideas at all. I think this one just didn't work, even as well as the attraction it replaced (also about sound effects) That one, with Martin Short and Chevy Chase, was more interactive. Read Sleepy's description again - it's interesting.

Sleepy said:
You enter a theater and there is one set of earphones per seat. You have to wear these headphones during the entire attraction, making sure that the the left ear piece is on the left ear, etc.
Hmm... now you've got me wondering... what would the show be like if one were to wear the headphones backwards...? ;)

Hmm... now you've got me wondering... what would the show be like if one were to wear the headphones backwards...? ;)

:laughing::laughing: I always wondered that too!
Sounds Dangerous was actually one of my favorite attractions at HS, though, so I would be sad it it closes. :sad1:

I am one of the odd ones. I really liked this attraction....mostly because I think the function of the brain is cool.

For example, he sits in a barber chair and as you listen to the audio feed, the sound makes you feel like you are the one sitting in the barber chair. There are a few other things he does on his venture, but overall, I thought it was neat. Just sound alone can make you feel like you are experiencing something when really you are not.

As I said, I am an odd one. I miss this attraction. It was a nice place to relax in the AC.

I do agree with a lot your saying here. A ton of people don't understand the point of this attraction or all of Disney for that matter. Disney world is not Six Flags (or any other theme park) in that Disney wants you to get something out of every attraction. They want you to use your brain at all times and make each and every attraction is a learning experience.

This attraction, as the OP said is a great way to see how our mind reacts to sound in completely dark situations. When the lights are on in this attraction we are basically watching a short film about a detective...but when the lights go out (as the OP said) we feel like we are actually there with drew doing his investigation. One great example here is the shaving sound. Just by hearing the sounds in the barber shop make you immediately vision whats taking place. We are forced here to use are imagination as we have nothing visually to look at. Though the story could be slightly better I think we need to stop and remember what Walt's vision was and wants to get out of these attractions.

I have never even heard of this place in I love DHS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter