SOS SOS....need input

j-me

Mouseketeer
Calling on all my Disboard's wisdom:

Brother inlaw's family planning on going to Orlando the second week in Dec.
He has a 5 yr and 7 yr plus mom & dad.
Driving down from MI
Wants to do MK & AK
Has to do Princess Character (I already drilled him to call 0n the 180th day out)
1 day at Seaworld
1 day universal

What's the best price/way to do it?
Stay on WDW the whole time?
Where to purchase his vacation thru?

HELP!!
It's his family's first visit..
I plan our trips to the fullest but I need the stuff off WDW help with

THANK YOU

Calling on all my Disboard's wisdom:

Brother inlaw's family planning on going to Orlando the second week in Dec.
He has a 5 yr and 7 yr plus mom & dad.
Driving down from MI
Wants to do MK & AK
Has to do Princess Character (I already drilled him to call 0n the 180th day out)
1 day at Seaworld
1 day universal

What's the best price/way to do it?
Stay on WDW the whole time?
Where to purchase his vacation thru?

HELP!!
It's his family's first visit..
I plan our trips to the fullest but I need the stuff off WDW help with

THANK YOU

Since they are not doing all Disney maybe rent a vacation home in the area for the most value for the buck?

I have rented through vaction homes by owner . com (forget the true web site but can google it) this way adults can have their seperate rooms, so can the kids, most have a pool and they can prepare breakfast there and brown bag their lunch to the parks w/snax etc if they want to...good thing you told him about making the ADR !

You said best price/way to do it. In my mind, those are typically opposites. But, not a bad compromise would be a Disney Value resort, but with 4 people in the room, it might be tough.

Is 4 days their total trip?

Getting to the other parks isn't tough. Cabs for me both trips were in the $30-40 each way so we've started renting a car. Rentals seem really cheap to me.

You said Universal. Do you know which park you mean? Islands of Adventure is where The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is opening up.

Maybe I mis-read this how many people ? I read it as BILs family, (BIL & his DW and they have 2 children a 5 & 7 y/o) and Mom & Dad so are there 4 adults and 2 kids=6 OR BIL/SIL and their 2 kids=4 ? If total of 4 then I change my input to a Value Resort on property.

The only problem with the split Disney/Universal/SeaWorld type trips is that it ends up being SO much more expensive than just staying at Disney because the shorter tickets for any of the parks costs so much more than additional Disney days. All part of WDW's evil plan! :rotfl:

Depending on the date in Dec, I would try to stay on-site for both Disney and Universal.

The only problem with the split Disney/Universal/SeaWorld type trips is that it ends up being SO much more expensive than just staying at Disney because the shorter tickets for any of the parks costs so much more than additional Disney days. All part of WDW's evil plan! :rotfl:

agree.

if you can talk him out of SW and US/IOA for this trip.

US is going to very, very crowded this year if Harry Potter is a hit. (and it looks like it will be) so the lines will be long in even offseason for this one.

if on a budget a value resort is just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter