• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sort of a “split stay” question?

DancinMama

Mouseketeer
Hello-

I’m not sure if this is technically a split stay question, but we have reservations at POP 11/25 and 11/26-11/30. (It’s two separate reservations because we added 11/25 at a later time and didn’t just alter our original reservation to add a day because it took us out of a special rate that started on 11/26)

Anyway, my question is: Do you think we will have to switch rooms in between the two reservations? I’m thinking I can ask the front desk and explain the situation, but I’m wondering what kind of experience you’ve all had with something like this.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I think it will largely depend ot whether both rooms are exactly the same category, i.e. same view type, same accessibly options (or lack thereof), same room size/layout, etc.

You may think that you got a “2 queen bed room” for each date range… but if one was a resort view and one is a standard view, or if one is a lagoon view and one is pool view, or some other combination, that could mean you’d need to change rooms.

Bell services should be able to collect your bags in the first room and move them to the new room if need be.

If your first night’s room is in a higher category then the one for the rest of your stay, you could try asking if they can downgrade that first night and put you in the same type of room as you’ll have later. They might be willing. All you can do is ask.

Have a great trip. :tinker:

Anyway, my question is: Do you think we will have to switch rooms in between the two reservations? I’m thinking I can ask the front desk and explain the situation, but I’m wondering what kind of experience you’ve all had with something like this.
I would call resort reservations and ask if they can combine the two reservations. If you wait until you arrive at the resort it might be too late. They may have already assigned the two reservations into separate rooms. :)

We've had separate reservations a few times in the same hotel, room category for different reasons. We have been lucky each time and haven't had to move. If you haven't already I would have it noted on both reservations and then also mention it at the front desk upon check in.

We have done this in the past and have never had to switch rooms as long as it's the exact same room category. Typically the front desk CM's ask you to come to the desk the night before check-out/check-in to ask if you can stay. Since you are only staying one night before the switch to the new reservation, I would just ask when you go to check in for the first stay. I would advise against online check-in for both of these reservations.

I think there is a very high probability that you can stay in the same room, if you have the same room type reserved. But I would call now to explain the situation and see if something can be done in advance, not wait until the day you get there. You certainly don't want to have to change rooms!

From what I recall when this question gets asked, everyone who posts who were in that situation were successful with the majority just asking at checkin. Again the key is the same room type.

We are in the same boat at the Riviera in a few weeks.

I've always asked to combine the reservations in cases like this, and so far Disney has. If everything is the same category, then you'll be able to not change rooms.

The 2 reservations can't be combined or you'll lose the discount rate for the longer portion. But as others suggest call and have both reservations noted as "continuing" with a request to stay in the same room. Don't wait until arrival, but on arrival stop at the desk and confirm. If the reservations are different categories that may not happen but it is in their best interest to leave you in the same room if possible because that saves mousekeeping from an extra turn-over cleaning.

Hello-

I’m not sure if this is technically a split stay question, but we have reservations at POP 11/25 and 11/26-11/30. (It’s two separate reservations because we added 11/25 at a later time and didn’t just alter our original reservation to add a day because it took us out of a special rate that started on 11/26)

As long as it is the same room type, almost certainly not. I have pieced together stays dozens of times and never had to switch.

Hello-

It depends on availability. We had a flight change and added a day at Dolphin and they made me switch rooms. But we added a couple days at AKL and I just had to check in and out and have key reactivated. We stayed in the same room. This was before the bands so it is probably even easier now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter