Sorry, yet another MNSSHP question

ncneighbor

Earning My Ears
Our options for MNSSHP are Tue 9/25, Fri 9/28, Sun 9/30, or Thur 10/4.

What are your thoughts on going to MNSSHP on our arrival night (9/25)? Don't have an arrival time yet, but an early enough time can be arranged.

I am thinking I would prefer to go to an October party (just because it feels more Halloween-ish) but since arrival day would probably not be a park day would that be a good day for the party? Or too much too soon?

1st choice is Thur 10/4 (toward end of stay, no EMH we care about), but wondered about 9/25.

Need some experienced opinions please. I would like to do HS EMH on Sunday 9/30, so that would not be my 1st choice but would be ok with it.

Thanks, Beth

Weekday parties are what I prefer.

Going to a party the night you arrive, I can't recommend.

You NEVER know what will happen on your arrival day and being that the party is non-transferable/non-refundable, it's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.

My last two trips I've planned for every contingency and still missed two ADRs on arrival day. The first one was booked for 3.5 hours after we were supposed to land. Lagging ME and waiting over 20 minutes for a bus made us 30 minutes late. Luckily Akershus still took us on. In December, I was supposed to land at 9:15 a.m. We didn't take off until 10:45a. I arrived at MCO at 12:30p and ME didn't take off until after 1. Our lunch ressie was for 1:45p.

I wouldn't chance making a REALLY long day.

I would agree with the PP, saying NO to the mnsshp the first night, Expecially if you have children along. The party lasts until midnight, with arrival, etc, that's a long day. We found going in the middle of your stay is the best. It gives you time to recooperate from a late night. Enjoy!

I'd schedule it so that I could stay late and sleep in the next day.

I agree that October is more Halloweeny, but if you wait until the end of the trip and then it is going to pour rain the whole time, you won't have a chance to choose another night.

It sounds like arrival night makes financial sense, but travel takes a lot out of people. How late are you sleeping in the day you leave for Disney?

Good luck.

I'd schedule it so that I could stay late and sleep in the next day.

I agree that October is more Halloweeny, but if you wait until the end of the trip and then it is going to pour rain the whole time, you won't have a chance to choose another night.

It sounds like arrival night makes financial sense, but travel takes a lot out of people. How late are you sleeping in the day you leave for Disney?

Good luck.

Thanks, kaligal. I really hadn't even thought of that. I might have to take another look at Fri 9/28 even though other posters have said Fridays are usually more crowded. We would get to WDW around noon on the 25th (if driving would arrive earlier). My kids are night owls, so that part is all right. I was really more concerned with having too much fun (is that even possible) that early in the vacation. Didn't really put that right but hopefully you get what I am trying to say .

Thanks
Beth

im confused have the dates been released and tickets gone on sale for this years MNSSHP? Im looking on the disney website and do not see any info. Please help because i want to get tickets for my Oct. trip

Our options for MNSSHP are Tue 9/25, Fri 9/28, Sun 9/30, or Thur 10/4.

What are your thoughts on going to MNSSHP on our arrival night (9/25)? Don't have an arrival time yet, but an early enough time can be arranged...1st choice is Thur 10/4 (toward end of stay, no EMH we care about), but wondered about 9/25.

I would vote for the 10/4 party. Arrival days can be long and hectic (and we usually get back from the party around 1:00 a.m.). Plus, if you wait until the end of your trip, it's a great goodbye for the trip - something to look forward to all week and something to have fresh in your mind as one of the last things you did. Thursday parties are also great (very low crowds when we've been on Thursday).

im confused have the dates been released and tickets gone on sale for this years MNSSHP? Im looking on the disney website and do not see any info. Please help because i want to get tickets for my Oct. trip

The October schedule is out - any day that the MK closes at 7:00 is historically a party night. There might be exceptions to every rule, but that's the normal pattern.

It's a safe bet to plan on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays with the addition of Fridays closer to Halloween. The official dates aren't released until end of April/early May.

As PP have stated, if the October hours are showing park closures at 7 p.m., it's a safe bet that it's a party night.

I would NEVER go on arrival night.Too many unknown variables.If your flight gets delayed or cancelled , there is the possibility you could miss the party.The tickets are officially non -refundable.

I didn't even think that the October schedule was out yet either as I've just checked the Disney website and they're only showing up to the end of September? I'd like to book in October too.

I didn't even think that the October schedule was out yet either as I've just checked the Disney website and they're only showing up to the end of September? I'd like to book in October too.

I don't have the link handy, but I believe the travel agent site has been updated to include October.

DH and I have done MNSSHP on the day of arrival, but we’ve had early morning flights (arrived by 9am). With kids, I don’t think I’d recommend it though seeing as though they will probably be tired from a day of traveling. Good luck and have fun!

I'm not a fan of planning something big and significant on arrival day. I'm not sure how far you live and how long you'll be traveling, but for my family, traveling takes a lot out of us.

For something like MNSSHP, I like to be fresh and rested. If I were a member of your family, I would vote for a non arrival day. Those nights can be very crowded and even in October, the temps can be very warm. If you are going to wear costumes, plan for something comfortable and breatheable. If you have a choice of a weekend party or a weekday party, I would opt for weekday to try and avoid local crowds.

Have fun! The Halloween party is one of my family's fondest Disney memories.

I would not go to the party on your arrival night. I would be worried about delays, and I just think you'd be too tired after traveling all day.

I would pick either 9/30 or 10/4. Probably 9/30, since ticket prices do go up about $6 once you get into October.

Where can I find prices and general information about this? I don't see anything on the main website.

The October schedule is out - any day that the MK closes at 7:00 is historically a party night. There might be exceptions to every rule, but that's the normal pattern.

I must be crazy because i dont see it on the website. it only goes until 9/30.

I cant find it online either. i saw the spreadsheet but i dont see it anywhere on the disney site. how do we know the spreadsheet is correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter