Sorry to have to say...

MLAinVA

<font color=9999CC>The TF run out of tags?? That
We've just had a very unsatisfying experience with Dreams Unlimited and will be cancelling our 4/30/2006 Wonder 4 day cruise Make sure that you look at what Disney CL site posts immediately; don't rely on what your reservation confirmation from DU says. I'm really disappointed also in the lack of responsiveness from DU. I noticed the problem yesterday very early; after 5 o'clock last night they offered us a handicapped accessible room instead of what we were supposed to have and haven't responded after that. I would have done better with this reservation without a travel agent.

Sorry to hear about your problem with DU. Hopefully you can rebook and get what you want

Thanks. I guess that the moral of this story is if you want it done right, do it yourself.

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your Dreams experience.

We've always had great experience with Dreams. I know that in the past when customers had concerns that John has posted his e-mail. I suggest you drop him a line. john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Thanks, I was hoping that someone would give me a name to "elevate" the issue to at DU. I've had good luck with them before, but this time they really dropped the ball.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Pixie Dust that it all works out..John really seems like a good man, and have read reports of him really coming through.. :goodvibes

Best of luck to you - I have always used DU and never had a problem - always had great service - Hope things work out -

Karen

Thanks for the pixie dust everyone. Thanks also to to John from DU who contacted me directly, but as our reservation is a Cat 3 suite that we specifically reserved on the starboard side and the alternative is wait and see what happens, maybe someone will cancel their starboard side room, or take the starboard side Cat 3 handicapped room, we've decided to cancel. If we wait for someone to cancel, we're likely to miss the opportuity to get what we want on another cruise line and if we take the handicapped room and someone who actually needs it wants it, we'd be bumped anyway, I'm sure. We made this reservation way back in July and were assured (in writing) that our Cat 3 suite was on the starboard side. Oh well, it just must not have been meant to be.

MLAinVA said:
Thanks for the pixie dust everyone. Thanks also to to John from DU who contacted me directly, but as our reservation is a Cat 3 suite that we specifically reserved on the starboard side and the alternative is wait and see what happens, maybe someone will cancel their starboard side room, or take the starboard side Cat 3 handicapped room, we've decided to cancel. If we wait for someone to cancel, we're likely to miss the opportuity to get what we want on another cruise line and if we take the handicapped room and someone who actually needs it wants it, we'd be bumped anyway, I'm sure. We made this reservation way back in July and were assured (in writing) that our Cat 3 suite was on the starboard side. Oh well, it just must not have been meant to be.

I am sorry about this..I am glad to hear John has contacted you, and that somehow a miracle could happen...You just never know...Happy Holidays.. :goodvibes

My goodness.... this all stems from being on the starboard side????

Life is too short dude.

MLAinVA said:
If we wait for someone to cancel, we're likely to miss the opportuity to get what we want on another cruise line and if we take the handicapped room and someone who actually needs it wants it, we'd be bumped anyway, I'm sure.

Disney will not bump you from a reserved room. If a handicapped family books they will see what is avaliable at that time, and will not have a chose of any handicap room. There have been several DIS members who have booked handicap rooms, and the person in the party who required the room dropped out and Disney stated that they would not move them, once a room is booked it is the holders until the traveller cancels, Disney will not bump a guest, unless it is to a higher catagory. The handicap rooms are larger and have a much longer/larger balcony. Many people who have been placed in one have enjoyed them.

It really seems like you just don't want to crusie Disney, sorry if that is not the case, just how I have read this topic. I normally don't wade in on this type of thread, but wow!

Flame away, but in a cat 3 there are two bathrooms, so the bath tub/shower issue is moot and with the extra space what can the real complaint be? It is a cat 3 on the starboard side, just what you asked for. If that was what was left when you booked then that is what Disney assigned your TA for your reseveration. Those crusie dates open over 6 months before you booked, lots of time for other travellers to book cat 3's ahead of you.

Enjoy your cruise on another line, they have lots of empty suites for good reason.

Penny

My ethics say that you don't take a handicapped room if you don't need it. I don't need it. I was sold and DU confirmed a starboard room, we'd have reserved another cruise if tCat 3 starboard wasn't available. Our money our choice. But, according to DU, Disney did bump us out of the room we reserved. What's to say they wouldn't do it again even if we did take the handicapped room?

Believe it or not, there are other cruise lines, and we'll be taking a trip on one of them, without a travel agent's help or hinderence, as the case seems to be.

I understand your disappointment. I used a TA, not DU, and am very unhappy with their service. AND DCL can't help because I used the TA!

Sue

Most people who vacation alot have had some issues at one time or another with the an agency.

We have had one major issue with a local much used by use TA. I do not use her anymore. When I needed her the most she was not available to help me out.

I am glad to hear that DU tried to resolve your issues and good luck in getting the room you want on a cruise you want. You are the one spending the money you need to be happy with the room you get.

I'm curious why DIsney bumped you out of the room you reserved...cat 3 starboard? I was under the impression that when you booked a specific room and paid the deposit, you are essentially guaranteed that room unless you fail to pay in full on time or unless you only had a guarantee cat 3, which isn't the same thing. In the past I have booked a specific SPR room, and you bet I'd be unhappy if DCL bumped me for some strange reason. Of course, all this said, this sounds to be more of a DCL problem/decision than a DU one, so your problem would have existed even if you had booked w/out a TA, right?

Disney appears to be blaming the TA and the TA is blaming Disney. In July, when I made the reservation, I specifically asked for a starboard room and promptly paid the $800 deposit and received the confirmation back from DU with the specific starboard Cat 3 cabin number on it that we had agreed to. As I was getting ready to pay the balance, last week, about 5 weeks before it was due, I checked in on the Disney web site and found that our cabin wasn't what DU had confirmed; still a Cat 3 but on the port side. I contacted the TA and the only thing she could get Disney to do was offer the handicapped room on the starboard side.
The TA says that Disney changed the cabin without notifying her. Disney says that their computer just made the change. I feel that having a travel agent is supposed to keep these types of things from happening or at least that there is a professional to keeping tabs on what is going on. As a client, I shouldn't have been the first one to notice the change. Right now, I don't have confidence in either the agency or DCL. We've only cruised once before and that time we also used a travel agent. We booked well in advance, were immediately assigned a cabin and it didn't change.
I wouldn't be any worse off if I had made the reservation myself.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Port, starboard who cares? It makes no difference to me what side of the ship we are on. Sounds like a big deal about nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter