Sorry to all those I personally offended

RickinNYC said:
Goobergal, you don't have to offer an apology to anyone. Much like television, if someone doesn't like it, they can change the channel. Keep on posting. Follow the guidelines of the DIS and it's all good.

Ditto!
:)

I'm still unclear why an apology is necessary in the first place.

Username said:
If you stop trying to create provocative threads, I might change my opinion of you. This was a nice start, but a little late after a lot of pot stirring. The civil thread of which you find a point of pride, I still find a bit horrifying. Both the concept and some ideas there. It's like the "don't be mad" opening...."I don't mean to offend"....or the "Just kidding"....eurgh. If you need to have that kind of caveat, why bother in a place like this one??? Loads of places for debates out there...why here?

I'm not really sure what this is about but, why can't she state her beliefs? Is it liberal beliefs that you so dislike? :earseek:

jrydberg said:
I'm still unclear why an apology is necessary in the first place.

Me too. I thought that when I posted earlier. I suspect goobergal may have been getting nasty PM's or something? Who knows.

Goobergal99 said:
Sorry If I offended any of you with my choice of topics :sunny:
You have nothing to apologize for. I thought that the thread was great. Yes, I didn't agree with some people as I am sure others didn't agree with me. But as adults we know this is how the real world works. Except here you have the ability to ignore a thread you don't like. If others disagree with you, as I see they have, then you too have the choice to ignore them. That thread isn't tragic and mean, and by this time next week it will have been forgotten about. But again I think you have nothing to feel sorry about! Have a super duper day! :wave:

You have nothing to apologize for, but it was nice of you to do it. There is nothing wrong with your thread. The title should tell anyone not wanting to read stuff like that to avoid it or read it at their own risk. Of course, I always did prefer that if someone is feeling strongly about something that they come right out with it instead of being passive agressive so that could be coloring my opinion ;) . All pots need someone to stir them or the bottom would scorch :cool1: .

I don't see why you need to apologize either. I guess as long as the rules were followed I thought it was OK to debate.

I am not sure why you feel the need to apologize? We are all allowed opinions here...

I don't always agree with your opinions, but never have been offended by them. I think it was was really nice of you though that you are worried that you offended people and offered an apology, even if it may not have been necessary.

It's funny that I never noticed Goobergal99 as a poster here until yesterday. Probably 25% of the threads on page 1 were ones she started so she was kind of hard to overlook. I guess that was the objective. I remember there being one about the DIS being clicky and people not being nice and a few about lifestyle and parenting choices. Then there was the one asking people to speak their minds which became very popular and the OP was showered with attention for starting it. Now there's this one offering apologies. I guess some people just need a lot of reassurance and attention :confused3 . Personally, I haven't posted on any of the OP's threads before now for a variety of reasons. I do have to say that I don't think anyone needs to apologize to anyone here with the exception of personal attacks. Somehow though I think that's already understood.

KittieKat said:
Hey, she apologized. It takes guts to do that. It doesnt take guts to make up a fake username.

What she said.

I don't even think an apology was necessary.

I thought that thread was awsome. It is refreshing to hear what people really think instead of reading the "politically correct" things all the time. Read another thread if that one offends you. There are plenty to choose from.

:confused3 I'm always suspicious when a student (or my kids for that matter) offer an apology because I always wonder what did you do, that I don't know about or missed??? :confused3

Goobergal99 said:
Seems from the 28 pages of ppl doing exactly what I asked, you are in the minority here although I respect your opinion. ;) There is nothing wrong with a little bit of controversy.

You are totally right. I just wonder why your "detractor" has only 9 posts and is " new" to the boards.. From what I have observed most truly new posters are usually a little hesitant.

Goobergal99 I am glad you post somethings that are controversial. ONce in a while we need a break from the mundane. What amazes me is that some of the more established people on here post replies that are double entendres and could be and are offensive and yet no one even reacts to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter