• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sorry just had to vent ...

We took our oldest when he was 2 and he loved it!!! And we enjoyed it so much more because he was there and so interested in everything. Hello its Disney!!!! We took lots of pics and we had a fantastic time as im sure you will too:thumbsup2

Are you kidding me. That's like the best time to take them. I took my son when he was 18 months old and he loved it! I think it was at US that he got to meet Spongebob, OMG you would've thought he met Jesus. He was so happy. Now we're going back, he's 3 and my DD is going to turn 2 during our trip. I can't wait to see their faces when they see Mickey. They are both crazy about the mouse.

I hear you!!! I let people talk me out of bringing my son when he was 3. We took him to sesame place instead and we had a good time but I wish we had just listened to my feelings instead.( I hadn't found The DIS yet:laughing:) We are going to DISNEY in September:woohoo:

My 2 year old just went to MK last Wed.(3/31) for the 2nd time!! The first time he went to any Disney park he was 4 months old and went with us for a day at EPCOT!! The second time he went to WDW was for DH's 29th Birthday in 2009, he was just over a year old. Then we went to AK and EPCOT this past Thanksgiving week just before his second birthday! there is no age too young (or old!!;)) to go to WDW!!

Also the first time my big kids went was when DD was 2 and a half and my older DS had just turned 1, then they went again right before DD's 4th birthday, and of course all of little guy's trips!

DD can still remember stuff from that first trip, and she will be 8 in June!!

We want to go back to DW this year and I made the mistake of mentioning it to my brother, who couldn't understand why we would go when the baby won't remember her trip. I calmly asked him what he remembered of his trip to Mexico two years ago and he had a hard time coming up with memories. I smiled and said maybe he should wait a few more years (he's in his middle 40's) before going on vacation again so he'll be old enough to remember it later. He didn't have anything to say after that. :rotfl:

We could not afford to go to WDW when our boys were litte, I so wish we had been able to. My youngest was 9 when we finally made the trip but it was lacking somewhat being that he knew the charactors were just people inside. We did the rides in fantasyland, but I know if he had been younger, the memories would have been very different.

That's what I'm afraid of with my daughter...

I'm even more worried that when she has a melt-down, she will spoil it for her 6 year old brother, who is still young/immature enough to believe. :sad2:

We took our's at 2 and 3 last year. The 2 y.o. had a great time, we got great pics, she loved everything........and she was free so what's the harm!

Had the same problem with my inlaws when they heard we wanted to take DD at 1. They couldnt understand why because she wont remember it. After awhile my MIL would then add on "but you will, I know" and sigh while she said it. I know thats because she heard me say it.

That is...until they saw the pictures. Now they are upset that they did not go along with us. Before they would roll their eyes when I would talk about doing a big family trip in 2011 for DD 3rd bday...now FIL is in on the planning and making suggestions.

My son was 21 months on his first trip and had a blast! A did get a few people saying that we should wait because he wouldn't remember it. I just ignored them. I know the comments can drive you crazy, but you will have an amazing time. Enjoy your trip!

I heard this a lot when we took our daughter for her first trip at 2. :confused3

I always wanted to say "Well, then with that logic, why don't I lock her in a closet for a week? After all, she won't remember it!" :flower3:

My daughter was 18 months when she went to Disney the first time. Next month she's taking her 30th trip. She's an adult, now and says that she may not remember the early trips but she rembers having fun. I went with a friend, once and the friend spent the whole time asking me why people brought little kids to Disney. I told her the trip was for the parents, too. Besides they weren't her kids anyway. Some people just don't get it.
Liz

Haven't read all the posts but you would be surprised how much reaction he will have to everything. My DS is 2 and this will be his second trip. First was at 10 months and he was clapping, smiling, yelling just generally very excited about everything. Best part is they are still free. That's what I started telling people when they said my children were too young....Who cares they're free!!!!!!!!:lmao:

I soo agree with you!!! We love Disney World! My son is 6 and this trip will be his 3rd... Daughter will be 3 in July and this is actually her 2nd trip... We actually spent her 1st Birthday in Disney World... Had her Birthday Meal at Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends and it was a special day... She actually started walking that trip to so it definately made it a more memorable trip for us! When we decided we were goin back I had to whip out all my old Scrap Books from past trips and as soon as she saw pics from her Birthday Dinner it was almost like it all came back to her... We leave in about 35 days and already she's the one that keeps buggin me about the countdown... Or when I ask "what would she like to go or do" 1st thing out of her mouth is something regaurding Disney World!

My DSis and I were talking about this today. DH and I are not yet parents but will be very soon:lovestruc and we are already planing on taking soon to be DD when she will be 2 1/2, so Dec 2012 I think its the perfect time to take her. My DSis was being all supportive about it because the rest of our family and my in-laws are not. She keep saying "its yours and James child go have a great time and she will remember other trips you take there... its not like she will only go once." Got to love my DSis.... I wish that she could go to Disney more :guilty::sad2:

In Fact my MIL keeps sayin that she doesnt get why we(Me and DH) keep going back and dont go other places in FL because Disney is boring.... the last time she went all that was there was Magic Kingdom. I bet when she finally goes she will get it!! :rotfl2:

I posted this same exact post awhile ago. DS will be 22 months when we go and I am getting the same crap you are. The people of the dis were very supportive and made me feel confident that taking my DS as 22 months is a wonderful thing. This trip report I read also made me feel better, as the posters son was 22 months at the time of the trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2221796

If one more person tells me my son will be too young to go to Disney when we take him I am going to scream (he'll be 2 years old). I know that's not to young and even if it was isn't it up to us and not anyone else??????????? I mean it's not like we're going to take him on TOT or anything like that!!

Thanks, just needed to yell with people who understand :goodvibes

Just roll your eyes. My oldest was 23 months on her first trip and she had a BLAST. My middle child was 10 months, and she did fine. The youngest? Well, he was just 7 months.

Your son will have a blast, and isn't that what's important?

My 8 year old had a blast when he was 2! He loved the characters, the sights, toddling around, he loved everything! And baby swap worked great for us for rides (we have 2 older kids).

I'm all with you! We took DD at 11 months, 16 months, 2 years 2 months, and one month before she turned three. We took DS at 6 months and 15 months. We're going again in May for DD's fifth trip and DS's third. We love it; they love it. If you ask my DD what ride he wants to do at Disney World, he answers either "Piwates" or "Man-sen." :cool1:

I heard this a lot when we took our daughter for her first trip at 2. :confused3

I always wanted to say "Well, then with that logic, why don't I lock her in a closet for a week? After all, she won't remember it!" :flower3:

So true! If people say to me that my kids will be too young at just turned 3 and 20 months in January, I tell them "then why do I take them to the park if they won't remember it? why do we go to the library if they won't remember it? might as well stay home and wait until they will remember something" and walk away.

At this point, I take my kids places so they will have a good time and so I can see their little faces light up with joy. They may not remember it, but I will cherish those memories forever.:goodvibes

I have taken my kids to Disney since the age of 4 months.

My friends daughter at the age of 3 was granted a Wish (Make a Wish) and they went to Disney. She died 3 months later. Who cares how young a child is? The memories they made, the pictures they took, those will be there forever.

Sorry,... brought back memories....

That drives me crazy. My daughter went at 2 1/2 and everyone thinks she would not remember. Well we did not get back to Disney until she was 4 and when we rode Pirates of the Carribean she kept asking mommy will we see the pirate with the stinky foot. I had no idea what she meant and then on the ride she said there he is mommy. And then I remember we made a big deal about the pirate with the dirty foot hanging over the bridge we went under on our first trip and how stinky his foot must be. It was so funny. For all those things she does not remember I DO and they are priceless. We are about to go back and we are most excited about our son who will be 17 months and watching him reexperience every thing. Those memories will be priceless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter