Sorry if it's a re-post, but when do your kids go back for the 2009/10 school year?

Here in South Jersey, we don't go back until after Labor Day. Usually the Wednesday after...so this year it would be September 9th.

Lauren

My 3rd grader will go back on August 19. My Kindergartener will go on August 25.

However, if I had a trip planned for that time, I wouldn't hesitate to take my kids out for the first week of school as it's probably one of the best times to miss. We will be pulling our kids out for 6 days the week after Thanksgiving. Just because schools are in session, doesn't necessarily mean the parks won't be crowded.

My kids go back to school 9/1.

They usually start the Wed after labor day but this year it being so late so they will start the Tuesday before.

HI! I was the one who originally started this question. DD goes back 9/8. We'll be in WDW 8/29-9/5.

In Michigan, state law says that you have to start school after Labor Day...So most are starting Tues Sept 8.

Well, my town has ALWAYS started school the Wed after Labor day. I have lived here my entire life and this has always been the case. So of course I booked bounceback for Aug 26th-Sep 2nd for 2009. I booked airfare in Feb and then one week later the town decides to start on Sep 1st this year.

My airfare is non-refundable and now my kids will miss the first two days of school. I am livid! They should have given people the heads up that this was even under consideration. I would never have chosen those dates. :mad:

Well, my town has ALWAYS started school the Wed after Labor day. I have lived here my entire life and this has always been the case. So of course I booked bounceback for Aug 26th-Sep 2nd for 2009. I booked airfare in Feb and then one week later the town decides to start on Sep 1st this year.

My airfare is non-refundable and now my kids will miss the first two days of school. I am livid! They should have given people the heads up that this was even under consideration. I would never have chosen those dates. :mad:

What part of Mass are u from I am from Salem and i also booked for 8/30-09/06 know i am nervous thanks for info

What part of Mass are u from I am from Salem and i also booked for 8/30-09/06 know i am nervous thanks for info

I am from Marshfield, MA. I hope other towns dont decide to do something similar. I understand that Labor day is late this year and it makes sense to start earlier, but a little advance warning would have been nice.

Good luck!!

I am from MA too, and never have we started before Labor Day, and this year they decide too, the year my son starts public school!! I got the dates right, I just hope the parks are not packed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter