Sorry, but another AP question...

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by 2gr8DisneyKids, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 2gr8DisneyKids

2gr8DisneyKids DIS Veteran

Jun 19, 2009
    So here goes... sorry that it is also a rather dumb question, I am new to the whole AP thing, especially since I live in Canada and am thinking of buying one, bit far away, but oh well. :rotfl:

Is there always a room-only AP discount and sometimes (like with a pin or promo code) it is better? For instance, the deal that was just announced for dates through Dec. 2009.

TIA and sorry for my the large learning curve I am currently on. :worship:
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

Feb 22, 2006
    Well, it's not a garuntee but pretty much, YES, there always is a discount. Sometimes there are other deals that are better, though. For example, we had APs for our last trip but had to book a package because the Buy 4, Get 3 deal was better and now we have 1-day base tickets to use another time.

ALSO, there is only a limited number of rooms for each discount so you might not be able to get exactly what you want. For example, I got an AP discount for CBR in Oct and was not able to get a preferred room but my sister used the free dining discount and WAS able to get preferred. (Originally, I wanted POP and there were NO rooms at POP for the AP discount.)
  4. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Jul 2, 2008
    But sometimes it is better. I was going to book the free dining, but would have to pay rack rate and buy 1 day tickets. I discovered that I could use the AP discount, not buy tickets (my d has some left over from a previous trip to use), get the dining plan for both of us and still come out cheaper than FD.

Of course, the problem with an AP discount is that I also discovered that I could stay at a deluxe for the same price as rack rate at a moderate (not including dining)! So, of course, I upgraded since I don't know when the next time is that I'll be able to afford deluxe! With the Tables in Wonderland card giving me discounts on my TS meals, I decided not to do the dining plan at all.

The AP sometimes gives you too many choices! :laughing: