Sorry boys, going to AoA Little Mermaid

MarcyMouse

Mouseketeer
We are looking for a value for a couple nights before our AKL stay, and I really want to try this resort. But on a budget. So I am taking DH and my two sons, ages 9 and 7, to the LM section for a standard room. I am afraid to tell them! I know the boys will love the resort once they get past their "princess" phobia. Right? Anyone else bringing their sons here? Any advice to get them excited?

apparently it is more of an under the sea theme than a princess theme. The shower is supposed to be ariel's grotto which is cool. We just got back and the manager said he was really excited about the theming because it wasn't princesses everywhere.

My son, 11, would have no issue staying in the Little Mermaid section. They'll follow your lead. :goodvibes

We are looking for a value for a couple nights before our AKL stay, and I really want to try this resort. But on a budget. So I am taking DH and my two sons, ages 9 and 7, to the LM section for a standard room. I am afraid to tell them! I know the boys will love the resort once they get past their "princess" phobia. Right? Anyone else bringing their sons here? Any advice to get them excited?

I'd tell them we were lucky and got Under the Sea themed rooms. I'd probably also tell them they are very cool themed, but not actually under water. :goodvibes

Thanks for the replies! In looking at pics it does seem to be more underwater-themed rather than Ariel/princess based. The boys weren't too happy at first, then they saw the pics and were interested. THEN they saw the Cars and Lion King areas and got really excited to visit those areas! It's too bad the Little Mermaid is seen as such "girl" movie. I'm sure Disney knows what they're doing and will make it attractive to all!

Hehe, we are split staying there as well and I'm hopeful my 5 year old son doesn't mind too much ;). I figure we can visit the lion king and nemo parts too!

This past June we were staying at CBR. We drove over to AoA food court for breakfast. As soon as my 12 yr old DS saw the whole resort he said if we had to stay in the LM section he won't mind it at all.:yay:

It's more ocean themed so the boys should be able to suck it up and stay there :rotfl2:lol jk but really it should be actually really cool

It is too bad little mermaid is seen as a girl movie. My DS 7 likes the movie. And there is a fair share of violence to go along with the kissing! I had forgotten about all that and the boat blowing up from lightening too! Gotta love Disney! We would happily stay in a LM room but what concerns me more is the long trek to food court and busses!

Im like you,

We needed 2 nights after our 15nights at SSR so we could do MNSSHP! I really wanted to stay at AOA but no way could we afford a suite on top of the SSR trip and Universal,
So we have booked 2 nights at LM rooms,Im really excited but was worried my 3 boys aged 7,7,10 will not be as impressed Im just dying to see pics of the area and rooms so i can show them what they are like.

They have seen all the other pics of the areas already opened and love them so it will be cool to visit those.

p.s LM is my fav and im normally out voted so im pleased to actually stay somewhere that is for girls too!! ;)

still can't figure out why they made little mermaid the regular rooms?? Nemo and Lion king are geared toward all, cars is more for boys..doesn't make sense to me...

barb

still can't figure out why they made little mermaid the regular rooms?? Nemo and Lion king are geared toward all, cars is more for boys..doesn't make sense to me...

barb

I agree about the theming for the regular rooms at AoA. I would have gone with Nemo or Lion King. But I will be staying in a LM room in Nov with my 17 yr old nephew. We want to stay at the new resort for a few days after a week at CBR. I told him about the LM rooms and he was OK with it. He is a theater kid and sang Under the Sea in one of his first performances when he was 7 so I guess he has a soft spot for LM. Can't figure out how to post this photo but here is a link.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1IZNHLls2ZOzg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter