Sorry! Another question!! (Drinks with dinner this time)

Duffy Bear

Earning My Ears
Our first Disney cruise is fast approaching (5 September on Fantasy) and I have been reading through some old forum posts I have saved. We are youngish seniors and don't drink much alcohol and apart from the occasional cocktail of the day I had kept a post about adults being able to order a Shirley Temple or a Roy Rogers for free with dinner. I understand that if ordered other than with dinner they are chargeable. However I have just noticed that the post was from a number of years ago and wonder if anyone has any more up to date information on if these drinks are available now.

Many thanks for your help...again!! There may be more questions....!!!

Gill

My kids have ordered Shirley temples with dinner and there has been no charge. I am assuming there would be no charge for you either. :)

It's a very simple recipe. Sprite, ginger ale and cherry syrup. Not sure why you would be charged. Drink up at dinner.
JW

I was just on Dream 2 weeks ago. I ordered Shirley Temple during Trivia in the bar and I was charged. Ordered it at dinner and was not charged.

I was just on Dream 2 weeks ago. I ordered Shirley Temple during Trivia in the bar and I was charged. Ordered it at dinner and was not charged.

Soda is charged in the bars. Soda is not charged at the self-serve stations on the pool deck and Cabanas or in any of the MDRs, Palo or Remy. Alcohol is charged in the MDRs. Shirley Temples are not charged in the MDRs.

Thank you everyone for your advice and welcome. We are SO looking forward to the cruise and a good portion of every day is spent on research and planning!! Even after this cruise is over there is more research and planning as we've booked another one for May 2016 on Magic! I can't even begin to think about that yet as I'll go

I ordered a Shirley Temple with every meal in the MDR's - no charge. Not even a charge for the bowl of maraschino cherries (and I do mean a large bowl) our server Rakesh brought to the table when I mentioned I liked them. I laughed so hard I cried, it was that funny! Best server ever!

Whenever I would get an "adult" beverage at a bar/lounge I would get a soda or something for my non-drinking wife. They would always be apologetic when they had to tell me there was a charge for that too. Yea, well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter