Sorcerors game in MK

Thanks, not as convenient as Kim Possible. Hope they do not shoot you to distant lands every time and you do not have to go back and forwards for each portal. There are multiple portals in each land, right?

You will usually if not always be sent to four of the five portals in each land. These may be in any order, so it may or may not involve a lot of back-and-forth. When you complete this set, you will be sent to another land where you can continue if you like. I think it's very much like KP in this regard, with the exception of choosing where you start. I only did KP once--were the spots within each country done in the same order each time by everyone or were they randomized?

Do you have any advice/suggestions for going on this quest with two 9 year olds?

As well, I know you get some cards (free I believe) when you begin but in order to enhance the game do you need or should you buy more cards? I have even seen some on ebay.

You will usually if not always be sent to four of the five portals in each land. These may be in any order, so it may or may not involve a lot of back-and-forth. When you complete this set, you will be sent to another land where you can continue if you like. I think it's very much like KP in this regard, with the exception of choosing where you start. I only did KP once--were the spots within each country done in the same order each time by everyone or were they randomized?

We did KP few times but only repeated Mexico and it was same order. I assume that each country has exit portal as we discovered in Japan when we were asked to drop phone in a box of some sort, I guess this exit portal only activated when there are too many players or if you finished everything.

Do you have any advice/suggestions for going on this quest with two 9 year olds?

As well, I know you get some cards (free I believe) when you begin but in order to enhance the game do you need or should you buy more cards? I have even seen some on ebay.

I think 9yo's are about the perfect age. Each player who signs up will get 5 spell cards for free each day, I believe as long as you play in between those days. There are 70 known cards, the last ten (61-70) are über-rare. As far as I know they haven't been distributed since the early days of beta testing in January. Just start with what they give you and if you're hooked you can get more.

We did KP few times but only repeated Mexico and it was same order. I assume that each country has exit portal as we discovered in Japan when we were asked to drop phone in a box of some sort, I guess this exit portal only activated when there are too many players or if you finished everything.

The country I did was Japan also. Makes sense that the last one was the drop-box. In Sorcerers you keep everything so no need to finish at a particular location.

My husband and daughter played while we were there 2 weeks ago, and accumulated quite a few cards. I would like to get them a nice binder to keep them in. We noticed other players with notebooks, etc... Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I think it would be a great gift to them both for Father's Day!!

Thanks for any help!
:goodvibes Brenda

My husband and daughter played while we were there 2 weeks ago, and accumulated quite a few cards. I would like to get them a nice binder to keep them in. We noticed other players with notebooks, etc... Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I think it would be a great gift to them both for Father's Day!!

Thanks for any help!
:goodvibes Brenda

Live chat with an imagineer going on RIGHT NOW, and covering this topic... http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/live-chat-talk-in-park-gaming-with-imagineer-jonathan-ackley/

From the chat: "Steven: Hi, I'm Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager with Disney Theme Park Merchandise, and I'm excited to share a few updates with you about Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom merchandise.

Steven: We have a few options currently in development for merchandise. The softlines team is designing a few tee-shirts. There will also be an official spell card book released. Yet, we have an option for those who want a spell card book now. It is a soft binder that was originally developed for pins yet it can also hold the cards. We sell a few extra pages for the binder as well."

Note: Live Chat at link above can be replayed any time by clicking on the link. It also includes some pics of the binder they're talking about.

Live chat with an imagineer going on RIGHT NOW, and covering this topic... http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/live-chat-talk-in-park-gaming-with-imagineer-jonathan-ackley/

From the chat: "Steven: Hi, I'm Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager with Disney Theme Park Merchandise, and I'm excited to share a few updates with you about Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom merchandise.

Steven: We have a few options currently in development for merchandise. The softlines team is designing a few tee-shirts. There will also be an official spell card book released. Yet, we have an option for those who want a spell card book now. It is a soft binder that was originally developed for pins yet it can also hold the cards. We sell a few extra pages for the binder as well."

Note: Live Chat at link above can be replayed any time by clicking on the link. It also includes some pics of the binder they're talking about.

awesome, thanks for sharing.

Just FYI as I recall the official Sorcerors book they have right now is IMO $$ it's around $42

I got the sheets to put the cards into at Wal-Mart for $5 and used a regular 3 ring binder - DD is very happy with it. While not fancy it is practical.

I got tired of it quickly. It was taking too much time and I couldn't find the correct portals.

I may try again on my next trip and bring the cards with me because if I don't like it again, I may pixie dust a child with my cards.

I'm wondering if we want to get sucked into this or not. :)

Ha, ha, be careful! I went with my two young adult children in March for a long weekend and all we did was play this game! I mean, really, we didn't go on any rides at all because we really wanted to beat the game. We played for hours at a time and loved it. We got to the hardest level, but ran out of time to finish it.

Does anyone know if they still have the game on easy? The middle level was so much more fun than the easy level where you just win all the time. The hard level was VERY hard and a little frustrating.

BTW, you can also get another pack of cards when you complete a level.

Ha, ha, be careful! I went with my two young adult children in March for a long weekend and all we did was play this game! I mean, really, we didn't go on any rides at all because we really wanted to beat the game. We played for hours at a time and loved it. We got to the hardest level, but ran out of time to finish it.

Does anyone know if they still have the game on easy? The middle level was so much more fun than the easy level where you just win all the time. The hard level was VERY hard and a little frustrating.

I've not heard that it's been released from EASY mode only. I watched a number of people in front of us play this week and everybody beat their villain the first time.

We have a ds (15) and a dd (6)! Would they both be able to do this? :confused: Sounds fun!

What do you mean by "also" - is there another way to get cards besides completing a level? The earlier posters before you said just to go to the firehouse. Now I'm really confused.

What do you mean by "also" - is there another way to get cards besides completing a level? The earlier posters before you said just to go to the firehouse. Now I'm really confused.

Both are correct.

Each player gets a set of 5 spell cards when they first sign up. This can be done at either the firehouse or the Liberty Square location. You can do this once per day.

Each player who completes a level and defeats their level (defeating multiple villains) can also get 5 spell cards.

So, if you sign up and beat the level in one day, that's 10 spell cards.

How much time would you say in general it takes to see/defeat 4 portals in a land?

Maybe 20-30 minutes, if you don't have to wait in line. Midday Tuesday we waited behind about three groups at each portal and did the 4 portals in Liberty Square/Frontierland in about 40 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter