sorcerer's hat no longer hollywood studios' park icon?

artofanimation

Earning My Ears
anyone have anything official besides this? found it on the disney store's website.

tumblr_myjbspoSWL1s2b8j4o1_500.jpg

anyone have anything official besides this? found it on the disney store's website.
That's been seen in a lot of new merchandise that has come out lately. Haven't send or heard anything official but the rumors have been flying for at least a year now that the hat will be leaving and that has yet to happen. I guess they want to stick to one of the original icons instead who knows. People will buy the merchandise either way.

That's been seen in a lot of new merchandise that has come out lately. Haven't send or heard anything official but the rumors have been flying for at least a year now that the hat will be leaving and that has yet to happen. I guess they want to stick to one of the original icons instead who knows. People will buy the merchandise either way.

oh man, it didn't even occur to me that it could be to keep in the whole "retro" theme. time will tell, i suppose! thank you!

Based on what I have read and saw while there, this is an art work from a visitor as part of a promotion to design the look for 2014 or something like maybe the winner thought more of the water tower then the hat. But, I did notice on a lot of items earlier this year Tower of Terror was the focus point of some items sold at HS. Just what I heard, in fact, I think it gives details on the Disney Store site about this new look.

Richard

1) I have heard lots of rumors of changing icons - at all the parks.
2) Expect to see them soon.
3) Due to Ogre's (I mean Iger's) corporate stance, the new icons are . . .
. . . £
. . . ¥
. . . $

I often see posts on message boards that show merchandise without the hat, but then see people follow up with picture of new merch that does have the hat. I personally think the artists pick and choose between the two depending on which fits better into what they are designing.

Also to note the monorail is included. If the idea posted frequently of the monorail being phased out is true, would it also not be included as an icon? I'm going with the post above where the artist uses what fits their vision best.

Also to note the monorail is included. If the idea posted frequently of the monorail being phased out is true, would it also not be included as an icon? I'm going with the post above where the artist uses what fits their vision best.

Are there people who are seriously thinking the monorail is going to be phased out? All indications are that they are moving ahead with the project to implement automated controls on the monorail which wouldn't make much sense if they planned to get rid of it.

Are there people who are seriously thinking the monorail is going to be phased out? All indications are that they are moving ahead with the project to implement automated controls on the monorail which wouldn't make much sense if they planned to get rid of it.
They're past moving ahead its already in place they are using the new automated system already I don't think all the monorails have it yet but they will soon. This is the first I've heard of the monorail being phased out that could never happen its such a major part of transportation and it is an icon of the disney parks.

i don't think it's ever really been an icon for the park. from what i've seen it's always been either TOT or the backlot water tower. Personally hoping the Hat goes away soon. It would be intreating to see the Chinese theater become somewhat of an icon for the park.

Can we talk for a second about how the Sorcerer's Hat was NEVER intended to be the park icon of Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Keep in mind their are always rumors. But if we look at Disney's Hollywood Studios alone, there's the Earful Tower, The sorcerer's hat, Tower of Terror, and The Chinese Theater that holds GMR.

All of those COULD potentially be icons and all of them have been rumored :) So who even really knows!

i don't think it's ever really been an icon for the park. from what i've seen it's always been either TOT or the backlot water tower. Personally hoping the Hat goes away soon. It would be intreating to see the Chinese theater become somewhat of an icon for the park.
I don't think the TOT should be an icon either because there are multiple TOT they are in more places than just WDW.

Can we talk for a second about how the Sorcerer's Hat was NEVER intended to be the park icon of Disney's Hollywood Studios?

All of those COULD potentially be icons and all of them have been rumored :) So who even really knows!

:confused3 Which is it. The hat was never intended to be the icon or it potentially could be the icon?

I've read the water tower was always the official icon. The hat replaced the Chinese Theater as the focal point of the park. Became the background for pictures of guests, taken by Disney photographers.

The rumor is that the hat will be removed-hoping this is true. I always loved going through the turnstiles and seeing The Great Movie Ride theater.

Word on the street* is they will move it to a new Sorcerer's Apprentice ride replacing Spaceship Earth, which will be repurposed as the new Death Star Icon for the renamed Hollywood Star Wars Studios. After which each attraction in the park will be re-themed to Star Wars.

Muppet Star Wars 3D
Honey I Shrunk the Storm Troopers
The Great Star Wars Movie Ride
Beauty and the Vader - Live On Stage
Main Street Coruscant
The Empire Idol Experience
Jedi Stunt Spectacular
Lightsaber, Starship, Action - Extreme Stunt Show
Pod Racer Midway Mania
Voyage of the Milenium Falcon
George Lucas: One Man's Dream
Disney Star Wars Junior - Live On Stage (Mickey Skywalker Clubhouse, Sofia the Jedi, Doc McJawa, Jake and the Tuskan Raider Pirates)
Lightspeed Rollercoaster
Space Battle Tower of Terror
Jedi High School Musical

*I was in the car when I thought of it.

Yellowstonetim said:
Word on the street* is they will move it to a new Sorcerer's Apprentice ride replacing Spaceship Earth, which will be repurposed as the new Death Star Icon for the renamed Hollywood Star Wars Studios. After which each attraction in the park will be re-themed to Star Wars.

Muppet Star Wars 3D
Main Street Coruscant
Jedi Stunt Spectacular
Pod Racer Midway Mania
Disney Star Wars Junior - Live On Stage (Mickey Skywalker Clubhouse, Sofia the Jedi, Doc McJawa, Jake and the Tuskan Raider Pirates)
Lightspeed Rollercoaster
Jedi High School Musical

Had me shooting drink out my nose with this. Lol

Muppet Star Wars sounds pretty awesome actually

Muppet Star Wars 3D
Main Street Coruscant
Jedi Stunt Spectacular
Pod Racer Midway Mania
Lightspeed Rollercoaster
Jedi High School Musical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter