• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorbet course with mini ice sculptures

Bride-to-be

DIS Veteran
I have seen a few pictures of these little things and have lots of questions -

1) Are they available at any of the disney venues or only specific ones?

2) I have seen pictures of the rose/flower scultures - what are the other mold options? Is the light in the bottom optional?

3) What do they typically cost?

Thank you!!!

From my info packet it states:

Sorbet Course

Red, Blue, Purple, Green, or White Light Ice Slipper Sorbet $20.50++ per guest(the ++ is for tax and gratuity)

Artistically Presented Raspberry-champagne sorbet $11.00++ per guest.

I have only seen the slipper and flower sculpture, and they come with the light.

It doesn't state where they are not available, but I do remember it being mentioned here that outside venues won't allow them.

We had the sorbet course at our reception and my guests loved them. They are kind of expensive but they were worth every penny in my opinion.

We got the raspberry champagne sorbet in cinderella's ice slipper. At the time of my wedding the price for them was $17.00 per guest. I'm not sure what the price is now.

I've heard that you can't have the sorbet course if you are doing a buffet for your reception, but I don't know how accurate that is.

Caryn asked about them at her wedding (a buffet) and they told her no because it was after the main dinner course and no one would notice them... and then they'd melt.

I think sometimes you get a different answer depending on who you are working with and how willing your planner is to 'fight' for you. I was told I could have the sorbet with a buffet if we did a plated appetizer or salad, then the sorbet, and then opened the buffet. (We opted for a plated dinner in the end)

We had the rose. We were supposed to have a butterfly but my planner called a few days before the wedding and informed us that the company who makes the sculptures was having a problem with the mold and even if they got it figured out they had to start making them. In the end I LOVED the rose and worked out better for us. We had a pink light on ours, the light is included in the price, if you didn't want it I am sure you could leave it out but our guests loved that part and we wearing them around.

sorbet.jpg

We did the Cinderella Slipper with a lemon champagne sorbet and blue light since I wanted it to match our theme :lmao: You can pick whatever light color you want and the flavors can be totally customized. I loved the raspberry champagne but didn't want a pink sorbet so the lemon champagne is what we came up with

There are all sorts of molds, shells, stars, dolphins, rose, swans, butterflies, even Mickey hands! Just ask for a full list of the molds available. Ours were $18 per person in 2007 but I'm sure they've gone up. From what I've seen, they are available pretty much everywhere, the only stipulation seems to be if you're having a buffet, but even then, if you want them and you "fight" for them, they seem to allow it (but then why wouldn't they want you to spend another $20pp? :lmao: )

The sorbet was bar none, my favorite part of the reception. I absolutely loved them and felt they were worth every penny. They were my wow factor for my guests
Wedding434.jpg

m34.jpg

we had them in our original BEO but cut them bc they are a bit expensive. They quoted us $20 for the slipper with led light and raspberry sorbet. They are really lovely!

we had the slipper with rasberry sorbet and we paid $17 per person. our guests loved them and I'm glad we kept it

We had the Mickey Hand sculptures as well as the rose.

We were scheduled to have only Mickey's but the company had some molds break the week before our wedding which meant they could not get all of the sculptures made in time. We asked that the Mickey Hands be on the tables closest to our sweetheart table. Our guests loved the display - esp since our reception was outside at night.

VERY classy and one of my favorite parts of the evening.

JulieMatt185.jpg

JulieMatt186.jpg

JulieMatt195.jpg

We did the glass slipper with the raspberry sorbet. When the lights turned down, we had the Spectromagic song come on. Our guests were speechless- it was one of the most memorable moments of our wedding. Completely worth the extra $$, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for all of the info and pics! I think we are def doing dinner in the napa room the first night. They already have a sorbet course on the menu so I think this will work out perfectly - and I love the idea of the spectromagic music! Now the big questions is which sculpture to choose??!!!

The sample menus I got from my sales consultant in January said the raspberry champagne sorbet course is $11++ per person

Lighted ice sculpture is $20.50++ per person

HTH

The sample menus I got from my sales consultant in January said the raspberry champagne sorbet course is $11++ per person

Lighted ice sculpture is $20.50++ per person

HTH

Thanks! Do you know if they have shapes other than the slipper? Is the rose still an option? In what colors? Are there any other molds?

I'm not sure. Probably should check with your planner or sales consultant.

I hope so. Going to try to convince FH to include them on WTD. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter