SOOZE Return of the Band Geeks! What's Next Update! p.25 10/10

It's strange how you feel so connected to your DisFriends, without even meeting them, isn't it!?:hug:

I know!! DISers are the nicest people!! The connections seem so natural--probably b/c we end up having so much in common--especially the love of Disney!!! :lovestruc

Aw, thanks! I think she's pretty adorable, myself! Love that your Ally is a planner too. Is that her in your signature with Jasmine (on the left)? And a hubby that makes cakes?! You've got it made!

You're welcome!! Yes, that is Ally with Jasmine in my siggy. She is 5 and is in Kindergarten this year. Yes, my hubby is an engineer and is very artistic--and it comes out in his cakes!! He made Ally an Ariel cake for her birthday and Claire a Minnie Mouse cake for hers.

:eek:90 DAYS?!!? That is an ETERNITY to a kid!! Have fun counting down!

I know!! Can you believe it?! She's enjoying taking a link off each day, though!! :goodvibes

comments in pink! :goodvibes

Former band nerd checking in. (Although we preferred the term Band Jock...of course we were delusional but that's another story.) I was a trumpet player back in the day, but alas it's been about 16 years or so since the last time I could actually play. I pulled it out a few months back and spent a while blowing ear ringing squawks through the house. After I spent the rest of the day talking like Bill Cosby in his dentist sketch, I realized that it would take a little more practice than I was willing to invest in order to get my lip back.

I also love me some DCI so that's cool that you guys are involved in it.

Loving the PTR so far. Can't wait to see how it all shapes up.

As long as we're in town... you can absolutely use our parking/shuttle service!:thumbsup2
thanks.
:thumbsup2
will keep that in mind when we end up going to hawaii next may, might be cheaper to fly out of indy than chicago.

I just found your new PTR. I am excited for your next trip! It is so fun to have a trip to plan when we are dealing with these Indiana winters. Plus, if your school is anything like the one I teach in you can also escape some of the ISTEP madness. Congratulations to you and Ty on Oliver! I love musicals. I have no actual musical talent but I really appreciate those who do. :goodvibes

I am here! I am laughing over how much you are enjoying the snow...you can have it! We are SO sick of it! Cute update about our meet...the pictures are cute, it was fun seeing all the kids together. Shae looked adorable in her Tink outfit, glad she had a great day!:thumbsup2

Former band nerd checking in. (Although we preferred the term Band Jock...of course we were delusional but that's another story.) I was a trumpet player back in the day, but alas it's been about 16 years or so since the last time I could actually play. I pulled it out a few months back and spent a while blowing ear ringing squawks through the house. After I spent the rest of the day talking like Bill Cosby in his dentist sketch, I realized that it would take a little more practice than I was willing to invest in order to get my lip back.

I also love me some DCI so that's cool that you guys are involved in it.

Loving the PTR so far. Can't wait to see how it all shapes up.

Band Jock! I love it!! But, definitely delusional.... ;)

Love me some DISfriends that love them some DCI!:hug: Matt and I are actually performing at semifinals this summer as part of the Star of Indiana alumni corps. We just had camp last weekend.. I couldn't move for two days! So glad you checked in GB!!

will keep that in mind when we end up going to hawaii next may, might be cheaper to fly out of indy than chicago.
Seriously... you are more than welcome to park it here for any trips!

I just found your new PTR. I am excited for your next trip! It is so fun to have a trip to plan when we are dealing with these Indiana winters. Plus, if your school is anything like the one I teach in you can also escape some of the ISTEP madness. Congratulations to you and Ty on Oliver! I love musicals. I have no actual musical talent but I really appreciate those who do. :goodvibes
YAY! So glad you found me! Luckily, even though this winter has been colder than most (and my electric bill confirms that, for sure), we aren't getting BEATEN to death with snow like they are out East! OUCH!!
ISTEP starts next week... round one! I will make sure I think NOTHING of it while we are in paradise!
Thanks for the congrats... we have our first Oliver rehearsal tomorrow... can't wait to see how it all turns out!

I am here! I am laughing over how much you are enjoying the snow...you can have it! We are SO sick of it! Cute update about our meet...the pictures are cute, it was fun seeing all the kids together. Shae looked adorable in her Tink outfit, glad she had a great day!:thumbsup2

:banana:Diane is here!! YIPPEE!!! How's that snow goin' for ya?!:rotfl: Seriously... I feel for you guys... hope Spring is on it's way.. and soon!

Thanks so much for being here:hug:

I'd like to begin by thanking Great Biscuit for sending me the most AWESOME Excel document so that I can begin to solidify details. GB.. you ROCK!:worship:

While typing this up, I began to worry that we have TOO many dining reservations. I felt like we might feel too strapped down with those.. but I'm having trouble deciding which ones we might ditch. Any thoughts?

My biggest excitement came this week when we finally finished our taxes and realized we would be able to do Hoop Dee Do!! We've NEVER seen it, and have been wanting to, but we know it's pretty pricey (especially since we would accept nothing less than category 1 seating!) Of course, waiting until the last minute to book meant that we could only snag a 9:30 pm seating... with a FOUR YEAR OLD!:scared1: But we will just make sure we take a long, late nap... because after HDD, we want to take advantage of the EMH at MK until 3am!:banana:

Ok.. the deets:

Friday, March 26

AM
Arrival after LONG a$$ drive!
Check in and cross all appendages that a room is ready
Lunch in villa

PM
EPCOT
Dinner at Electric Umbrella (CS)
Illuminations (our traditional first night fireworks)

Saturday, March 27

AM
Breakfast in Villa
DHS for AM EMH
Sci Fi Diner for 12:20 Lunch (TS)

PM
O'Hana Dinner with Friends(TS)
Magic Kingdom
Spectro and Wishes with our friends

Sunday, March 28

AM
Cape May Cafe Character B'fast (TS)
Morning is Open for Mini Golf? DTD?

PM
Late nap
Hoop Dee Do with Friends(TS)
Magic Kingdom EMH til 3AM!

Monday, March 29

AM
CRT 9:15 B'fast with Friends(TS)
I know... 3am EMH then a 9:15 breakfast. We can handle it!
Magic Kingdom

PM
Pizzafarri or Flame Tree dinner (CS)
Animal Kingdom EMH til 11pm!

Tuesday, March 30

AM
MORNING OFF! Breakfast in villa
Mini Golf? Water Park? Resort hangin'?

PM
Epcot
Le Cellier Dinner at 4:50 (TS)
Another mid-week Illuminations

Wednesday, March 31

AM
Another Open Morning! Breakfast in villa
Mini Golf? Water Park? DTD? Resort hangin'?

PM
Teppan Edo Dinner with Friends at 4:30
Hollywood Studios EMH til 1am!
MAYBE see Fantasmic? Two shows tonight... not our favorite, but it's been a while...

Thursday, April 1

AM
Crystal Palace 10am Breakfast(TS)
Magic Kingdom

PM
Open Evening??
Cookout at Ft. Wilderness with Friends?
Watch Wishes and Water Parade from the beach?

Friday, April 2

AM
Breakfast in villa
Pack up and load car:sad1:
DTD for last minute shopping
TRex late lunch 2:30

PM
Epcot
Dinner at Sunshine Seasons (CS)
Watch last Illuminations, then head back to Indy.

**Each day also includes a mid-day break/nap!!**

My thoughts about meals that I could maybe cut:

#1 Crystal Palace. We've NEVER eaten there, so I feel like it's my right of passage as a good DISer to do so. But no one in our family is a huge Pooh fan, so no one would miss it. Plus, by that time, we may have had our fill of Magic Kingdom

#2 T Rex. We ate there last year. This is a request from Tyson, so I feel obligated to honor it. Just think it's money we could spend elsewhere.

#3 Sci Fi. Another place we've NEVER been. I just want to experience the atmosphere, and I think the kids would love it. But, I wouldn't be upset if it got ditched.

We CANNOT get rid of: HoopDeeDo, O'Hana, LeCellier, CRT, and Cape May Cafe.

Another thought... our free time. I noticed we didn't officially plan too much time at AK. That might fill in our free time. But I would also love to try mini golf, or maybe even a water park (but don't feel like spending all that money on a water park for just a morning/early afternoon)

ALSO.. I need to decide when I'll try my hand at another American Idol Experience audition! I was thinking about our first DHS day, but it's on a Saturday, and I'm worried about crowds/wait time to audition. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone! I'm starting to do some random clothing purchases.. I'll share them soon!

Congratulations on the reservation Hoop Dee Do, your whole family will enjoy it. Your reservations look great. It will be hard to give up any of them. Your CP day looks like a light day so it might be a fun activity for that day, there are always things to do at MK. The CP day could be a makeup day for any thing you missed or want to do again.

Have you done HDD before? We're trying it for the first time during our May trip. It looks corny---but we're pretty corny people! ;)

Seriously... you are more than welcome to park it here for any trips!

i knew you were not joking and would let us and if you were i was still going to park there.
:rotfl:

the plans look really good, i so wish we were eating at tappen edu.

My thoughts about meals that I could maybe cut:

#1 Crystal Palace. We've NEVER eaten there, so I feel like it's my right of passage as a good DISer to do so. But no one in our family is a huge Pooh fan, so no one would miss it. Plus, by that time, we may have had our fill of Magic Kingdom
FWIW, it's low on my list, too.

#3 Sci Fi. Another place we've NEVER been. I just want to experience the atmosphere, and I think the kids would love it. But, I wouldn't be upset if it got ditched.
But this one you've gotta try! Just remember: stick to burgers, nothing complicated. Fun, fun, fun! :thumbsup2

But I would also love to try mini golf.
Me too! Can you believe I still haven't gotten to that yet?!

Congratulations on the reservation Hoop Dee Do, your whole family will enjoy it. Your reservations look great. It will be hard to give up any of them. Your CP day looks like a light day so it might be a fun activity for that day, there are always things to do at MK. The CP day could be a makeup day for any thing you missed or want to do again.
It will be hard to give up some reservations. But I don't want to be that family that just blows them off. We might just wait until the day before to see how we feel, then cancel them with 24 hours notice. Still not the most polite thing to do but... :confused3

I'm thinking the CP day might also be an AK day... we only have one day scheduled there, and I'm sure I'll be wanting some Everest action more than once!

Have you done HDD before? We're trying it for the first time during our May trip. It looks corny---but we're pretty corny people! ;)
We've NEVER done HDD... I have heard nothing but rave reviews, so I'm stoked! I agree about the corniness, but if we didn't appreciate corny, there's no way any of us would be as obsessed with Disney as we are, right?!

i knew you were not joking and would let us and if you were i was still going to park there.
:rotfl:

the plans look really good, i so wish we were eating at tappen edu.
Thanks Dan! Have you eaten at Tappen Edu yet? It'll be our first time. I know the kids will love the atmosphere and cooking 'show'. I'm more worried about DH eating any of it!:rotfl:

FWIW, it's low on my list, too.
Good to know... I'm really not super excited about it, especially since we didn't get the earlier ressies, so we could get into MK early. We'll see what happens. I'd rather have a bakery item on the Boardwalk.. I'm sure it's cheaper!

But this one you've gotta try! Just remember: stick to burgers, nothing complicated. Fun, fun, fun! :thumbsup2
Good advice, thanks! I know the kids would love it.
Me too! Can you believe I still haven't gotten to that yet?!
WHAT?!! Seriously?!? As many times as you've gone?! REALLY!?! My goodness.. now I'm motivated to go even more... I might actually be able to give V some advice on something Disney!!:cool1:

Thanks Dan! Have you eaten at Tappen Edu yet? It'll be our first time. I know the kids will love the atmosphere and cooking 'show'. I'm more worried about DH eating any of it!:rotfl:
not there, but i have been to a few around the country in different places and really loved em.

the last one i went to was Downtown indy at a conferenece, i cant think of the name now, but it is close to the union station.

they had the japan place a bar, bowling upstairs and a huge arcade, since then the japan place has closed, but the rest is there.

Your itinerary looks great!! So many good Dining choices too! We are building in a mid-day nap or break in everyday for our trip too! I think the kids will (and us) will appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing your new purchases!!:goodvibes

Mini-golf is SO much fun! We went to WinterSummerland and it was a blast! Sci-Fi is also a good time.

not there, but i have been to a few around the country in different places and really loved em.

the last one i went to was Downtown indy at a conferenece, i cant think of the name now, but it is close to the union station.

they had the japan place a bar, bowling upstairs and a huge arcade, since then the japan place has closed, but the rest is there.
I wonder if you're talking about Jillians... sound familiar? I've only been there once (to go bowling), but it looked pretty happenin'!!

Your itinerary looks great!! So many good Dining choices too! We are building in a mid-day nap or break in everyday for our trip too! I think the kids will (and us) will appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing your new purchases!!:goodvibes

Thanks! It just seemed like a LOT of dining, especially when we pay OOP for it all!:eek: We have been talking and we are just going to play it by ear!
I'm going to wait for my DisneyStore.com delivery to come in... then I'll post all of the goods!:thumbsup2

Mini-golf is SO much fun! We went to WinterSummerland and it was a blast! Sci-Fi is also a good time.

I'm pretty confident we will try this out. It'll be hard to convince DH to go out of our 'normal' routine, but I think we will all have a great time!!

I wonder if you're talking about Jillians... sound familiar? I've only been there once (to go bowling), but it looked pretty happenin'!!
yep thats the place, it was fun, the arcade is huge.

also have done duck bowling on the south side of town before that was alot of fun as well.

yep thats the place, it was fun, the arcade is huge.

also have done duck bowling on the south side of town before that was alot of fun as well.

Cool! If only I had time to get downtown and 'play' a bit more! I'm always there for some theater or band function...:confused3

Duck bowling? That one is new to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter