• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SOOZE Return of the Band Geeks! What's Next Update! p.25 10/10

i would say that your bolt happens to be the best one of all of them.
:thumbsup2

Aw, thanks Dan!! I'm pretty good at drawing when I'm allowed to copy off of something. And the way they break the character into basic shapes makes it really easy for me! Now... ask me to sit down and free-hand draw? :sad2: Hopeless!!

Shhhhh! Do you hear that?!?! It's the sound of a mass evacuation from Sooze's trip report?! Why is everyone running away?! Because it takes her FOR. EVER. to update it!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm so sorry everyone! If you are still here with me... THANK YOU!!!:flower3: Starting a new school year and trying to be in a theatrical production have meant NO time for the computer. My Facebook is sorely in need of attention too!

I'm home today with Shaelyn as she caught her first nasty cold of the school year, so I'm squeezing in an update today...

Thanks again if you are still here.... :hug:

Those of you who have been following my TRs for a while know that last Spring Break, I was able to audition for American Idol. I was also chosen to sing on stage, and enjoyed one of the best Disney moments of my life!! Performing on a Disney stage!!

If you want to read about it, here you go. Warning... no pictures, just a story!
American Idol Experience 2009

I kept putting my audition off during this trip. I guess I felt a bit selfish about wanting to take time away from the family to go do it. Not to mention how much time out of your day it takes if you actually get on stage. But it was still eating at me to go give it a try.

Since this was our last full day here, I decided today was the day. Unfortunately, Matt wanted to whisk Tyson off to Downtown Disney to buy a few things. Feeling like I didn't want to ruin anyone's plans, I told him to go ahead this morning and take Ty. Shae and I would chill out at 'home' and wait for him to get back, then I would walk on over to DHS for the audition. Well.... DOUBLE unfortunately, Matt and Ty didn't return until after NOON! After sleeping in, then dealing with crowds and traffic, that's just how it was. By the time they got settled, and I got on my way, it was closing in on 1:00 by the time I got to DHS.

It was a beautiful day, and the park was pretty packed. I weaved my way around to the audition entrance. Once again, there was NO ONE there. This lovely CM greeted me:
P1060053.jpg

And, again, I stood there alone listening to Ryan Seacrest hype up the audition. Not a moment later, I was in a little audition room with a 'producer' type person. I sang the same thing I did last year, in (basically) the exact same way. The Producer CM smiled at me... uh oh.... then proceeded to give some explanation about how they only have a limited number of slots.... UH OH..... and that they just can't fit me in the line up today....

Really? :confused3

Did I just NOT make it past the FIRST round?!?! :sad1:

Dude.. I totally got on the stage last year...and I didn't even make it past the first ROUND?!?!:mad:

It was fine... I sulked for about .23 seconds and made my way back out into the DHS air. Then I started rationalizing.... hey... it's after 1:00 in the afternoon... maybe they already had the last 2 shows booked and they just had to keep auditions open. Maybe because the weather is so good, there were just tons of talented people here today. Last year, it was pouring and you were auditioning by 9am! Of COURSE you aren't going to make it past the first round with the circumstances today.... right? Yes... I felt much better!

So much better, that I decided to enjoy some time by myself! I grabbed a lunch for one at the Studio Catering company, purposely sat in the sun, and people-watched for a while. And, yes, V... I played on my iPhone too!
P1060054.jpg

After soaking in some solo meandering time, I headed back home. I took some beautiful shots while I walked back to BWV. These are some of the pictures I have saved in my mind whenever I'm stressed and I just need to get away for a while...
P1060055.jpg

P1060057.jpg

aaaannndddd.... grease spot:
P1060058.jpg

P1060059.jpg

P1060060.jpg

P1060061.jpg

P1060062.jpg

I returned home to share the embarrassing news that I didn't make the cut. I think Matt was relieved that we didn't have to rearrange plans to spend the evening at DHS. I was happy to get back with my family to enjoy some time at MK. We knew tomorrow was leaving day, which, of course, means EPCOT! So we thought we'd soak up the evening at MK. Shae and I were off to find fairies (would we finally see the red-headed Rosetta?!). Matt and Ty were off to ride Space Mountain again!

And I'm off to make a vow that this TR gets FINISHED... and soon!! Thanks again for my faithful followers.... ;)

im still here, good update, sorry you didnt get picked, but like you said im sure the weather had something to do with it.
:goodvibes
i bet you will make it on stage your next trip.

Hi Sooze! I'm still here!

Believe me, I know a little something about taking forever to finish a TR...:rolleyes1 In comparison to my last TR, you're speedy gonzales of the trip report world! :laughing:

Sorry about AI, but obviously they were already full! I'm sure you sang great!

I'll be looking forward to the next update! :)

I'm still here too! Sorry to hear you didn't make it past round one this time!!!! I read your previous adventure - and wow - how incredible! Next time! ::yes::

im still here, good update, sorry you didnt get picked, but like you said im sure the weather had something to do with it.
:goodvibes
i bet you will make it on stage your next trip.
Thanks for hanging around. As soon as this is finished, I'll be making my way over to check out your's!! I started reading it yesterday and I'm ready to get in on it! ;)
I hope Shaelyn gets better soon from her cold.

Sorry about the audition, their is always next spring/summer.
Thanks! She is already feeling better. It's amazing what a day in bed being pampered by Mommy can do for a kid!
And you can bet I'll be back for another audition! This time, right after rope drop!

Hi Sooze! I'm still here!

Believe me, I know a little something about taking forever to finish a TR...:rolleyes1 In comparison to my last TR, you're speedy gonzales of the trip report world! :laughing:

Sorry about AI, but obviously they were already full! I'm sure you sang great!

I'll be looking forward to the next update! :)
Thanks for being here! I know you feel the update-procrastinator's pain. Though, this time it seems like you are busting out the updates!!
And yes... AIE was OBVIOUSLY full already! :rolleyes1

I'm still here too! Sorry to hear you didn't make it past round one this time!!!! I read your previous adventure - and wow - how incredible! Next time! ::yes::
So glad you're still hanging around... you guys are dedicated! Thanks for reading my past AIE adventure.... it was much more fun than the most recent one.:sad2: Definitely... next time!:thumbsup2

Shhhhh! Do you hear that?!?! It's the sound of a mass evacuation from Sooze's trip report?! Why is everyone running away?! Because it takes her FOR. EVER. to update it!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
:rotfl2: No way - I'm here until it's done! Probably longer, in hopes that you'll announce another trip and TR after it. ;)

:sad1::hug:
Then I started rationalizing.... hey... it's after 1:00 in the afternoon... maybe they already had the last 2 shows booked and they just had to keep auditions open.
My thought on it, exactly! :thumbsup2

I grabbed a lunch for one at the Studio Catering company, purposely sat in the sun, and people-watched for a while. And, yes, V... I played on my iPhone too!
P1060054.jpg
Awww, this sounds like heaven right now! :cloud9: I had so much fun when Gramma and Leo waited in the TSM line for 3 hours and I parked it on a bench with a latte at DHS. :teeth:

I just found your trip report and when I saw "band geek" I thought "Where do I sign up?" lol. I was a band geek myself in High School (I play Bass Clarinet and marched Trumpet). DBf is a music composition major and just finished two years in the Spartan Marching Band. I have a friend who is really into competive marching band and I'm pretty sure I've heard him talk about Avon. Anyway, I'm excited to catch up and read about band geeks in Disney!

I'm so sorry everyone! If you are still here with me... THANK YOU!!!:flower3: Starting a new school year and trying to be in a theatrical production have meant NO time for the computer. My Facebook is sorely in need of attention too!

Those of you who have been following my TRs for a while know that last Spring Break, I was able to audition for American Idol. I was also chosen to sing on stage, and enjoyed one of the best Disney moments of my life!! Performing on a Disney stage!!

I kept putting my audition off during this trip. I guess I felt a bit selfish about wanting to take time away from the family to go do it. Not to mention how much time out of your day it takes if you actually get on stage. But it was still eating at me to go give it a try.

Since this was our last full day here, I decided today was the day. Unfortunately, Matt wanted to whisk Tyson off to Downtown Disney to buy a few things. Feeling like I didn't want to ruin anyone's plans, I told him to go ahead this morning and take Ty. Shae and I would chill out at 'home' and wait for him to get back, then I would walk on over to DHS for the audition. Well.... DOUBLE unfortunately, Matt and Ty didn't return until after NOON! After sleeping in, then dealing with crowds and traffic, that's just how it was. By the time they got settled, and I got on my way, it was closing in on 1:00 by the time I got to DHS.

It was a beautiful day, and the park was pretty packed. I weaved my way around to the audition entrance. Once again, there was NO ONE there. This lovely CM greeted me:
P1060053.jpg

And, again, I stood there alone listening to Ryan Seacrest hype up the audition. Not a moment later, I was in a little audition room with a 'producer' type person. I sang the same thing I did last year, in (basically) the exact same way. The Producer CM smiled at me... uh oh.... then proceeded to give some explanation about how they only have a limited number of slots.... UH OH..... and that they just can't fit me in the line up today....

Really? :confused3

Dude.. I totally got on the stage last year...and I didn't even make it past the first ROUND?!?!:mad:

It was fine... I sulked for about .23 seconds and made my way back out into the DHS air. Then I started rationalizing.... hey... it's after 1:00 in the afternoon... maybe they already had the last 2 shows booked and they just had to keep auditions open. Maybe because the weather is so good, there were just tons of talented people here today. Last year, it was pouring and you were auditioning by 9am! Of COURSE you aren't going to make it past the first round with the circumstances today.... right? Yes... I felt much better!

So much better, that I decided to enjoy some time by myself! I grabbed a lunch for one at the Studio Catering company, purposely sat in the sun, and people-watched for a while. And, yes, V... I played on my iPhone too!
P1060054.jpg

After soaking in some solo meandering time, I headed back home. I took some beautiful shots while I walked back to BWV. These are some of the pictures I have saved in my mind whenever I'm stressed and I just need to get away for a while...
P1060055.jpg

P1060057.jpg

aaaannndddd.... grease spot:
P1060058.jpg

P1060059.jpg

P1060060.jpg

P1060061.jpg

P1060062.jpg

I returned home to share the embarrassing news that I didn't make the cut. I think Matt was relieved that we didn't have to rearrange plans to spend the evening at DHS. I was happy to get back with my family to enjoy some time at MK. We knew tomorrow was leaving day, which, of course, means EPCOT! So we thought we'd soak up the evening at MK. Shae and I were off to find fairies (would we finally see the red-headed Rosetta?!). Matt and Ty were off to ride Space Mountain again!

And I'm off to make a vow that this TR gets FINISHED... and soon!! Thanks again for my faithful followers.... ;)

Still here, but leaving soon for my Dinsey vacation! Sorry to hear about AI, but things happen for a reason. (That is my motto in life these days.) Hope you had a good time at DCI and performing again. Love the photos on facebook.

:rotfl2: No way - I'm here until it's done! Probably longer, in hopes that you'll announce another trip and TR after it. ;)
Thanks, V! I'll let y'all know what our upcoming plans are soon... you can get a sneak peek by checking out my tickers!!

Awww, this sounds like heaven right now! :cloud9: I had so much fun when Gramma and Leo waited in the TSM line for 3 hours and I parked it on a bench with a latte at DHS. :teeth:

I am with you!!! Love just chilling and soaking it all up!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I just found your trip report and when I saw "band geek" I thought "Where do I sign up?" lol. I was a band geek myself in High School (I play Bass Clarinet and marched Trumpet). DBf is a music composition major and just finished two years in the Spartan Marching Band. I have a friend who is really into competive marching band and I'm pretty sure I've heard him talk about Avon. Anyway, I'm excited to catch up and read about band geeks in Disney!
:cool1: Welcome on board! I just love it when new band geeks find their way to me!!! Spartan Marching band... that's Michigan State, right? Or am I completely off base?!

Thanks for signing on! Hopefully I'll finish soon... then you can go back to read our 1st Band Geek trip! (Click on the BCV 2009 link in my signature... it'll take you right there!) ;)

Still here, but leaving soon for my Dinsey vacation! Sorry to hear about AI, but things happen for a reason. (That is my motto in life these days.) Hope you had a good time at DCI and performing again. Love the photos on facebook.

Well, at the rate I'm going... I probably won't even have another update until you get back! Are you DisneyWorlding or DisneyLanding it this time?

I HAD A BLAST!!! at DCI! And I finally met your Renegade friend in the pit! Glad you're enjoying the pics! Have a WONDERFUL trip, J!!

Well, at the rate I'm going... I probably won't even have another update until you get back! Are you DisneyWorlding or DisneyLanding it this time?

I am on the Magic. I leave in 8 days to head to Europe. I will be hitting WDW for 1 day before returning to SF. I hope to post a bit on facebook during my month long journey. Depends on how the speed of WiFi is and if it is free or I am paying how often I post. :laughing: However, I hope to do a trip report and will let you know if I do. I have all good intentions, but we will see.

I am on the Magic. I leave in 8 days to head to Europe. I will be hitting WDW for 1 day before returning to SF. I hope to post a bit on facebook during my month long journey. Depends on how the speed of WiFi is and if it is free or I am paying how often I post. :laughing: However, I hope to do a trip report and will let you know if I do. I have all good intentions, but we will see.

Holy cow!!! I am super jealous right now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a trip report!! Just post lots of pictures and tell us all about them!!!

Have a magical time. I'll be waiting for any updates you can do....
:surfweb:

We decided to spend our last evening at Magic Kingdom. (Don't worry! We zipped over on the monorail to catch Illuminations one last time... of course!) But Shae was itchin' for some Pixie love, and we hadn't pulled out her Tink costume yet... and it was time!!
P1060063.jpg

Shae's favorite fairy is Rosetta... mostly because she has red hair... and we were SO hoping we'd get to see her today. Unfortunately, you are guaranteed NOTHING in Pixie Hollow except that Tink will be there. We even have a Rosetta costume, but I didn't want her to wear it, and there not be a matching fairy for her!

So, we hopped a bus to MK, knowing we'd be walking home from Epcot later, and made our way to Pixie Hollow. The boys, of course, zoomed off to some big kid rides.

The wait time wasn't too bad, and before we knew it, we were shrinking in size to meet the pixies!!

And look who's here...
IMG_0704.jpg

We were so excited!!! Then Rosetta proceeded to ask Shae where her pink fairy dress was. Didn't she know that red headed fairies always wear pink?!? :headache: I kindly explained to Rosetta that we DO have a pink fairy dress, but we weren't sure we'd be seeing our favorite pink-wearin' fairy today. She was understanding... but I was still wishing there was a way we could find out which fairies were in there before getting dressed...

Shae spent a lot of time with Rosetta:
IMG_0703.jpg

We later learned that this Rosetta was actually a good friend of one of OUR good friends. I was able to contact her via Facebook and apologize again for Shae's green outfit!;)

Up next:
IMG_0705.jpg

Some Tink Time! I just love watching Shae interact with these characters. I know I've said it before, and maybe it's just the girl-ness... but she is SO different with characters than Tyson. SO DIFFERENT! She just soaks it up... milks it for more... then jumps into another long line, ready for more. Tyson would avoid them at all costs! He just didn't want that personal interaction... made him uncomfortable. At least we know that Ty is just like his dad, and Shae is just like me! :hug:

One more shot with Tink:
IMG_0706.jpg

Where's the 3rd fairy, you ask? :confused3 I was wondering the SAME thing!! There was none. We waited in line for over 30 minutes to see TWO fairies. In the third slot, there was a silly oversized spool of thread. Apparently, the kid poses there, and PhotoPass adds wings to their back in the final picture. Well, MY fairy already had wings. So we skipped the dumb photo-op. I was so peeved that we only saw two fairies!!

By the time we were done, Matt and Ty had joined us in ToonTown. We decided on a family ride on Goofy's Barnstormer. (I'll let you imagine the comments Tyson made about this 'baby' ride.) After that, I can't even tell you what we did. I'm sure the teacups were involved, and maybe even the Indy Cars. I DO know that we ended up scoring dinner at Cosmic Ray's. We chose to eat outside and let the kids just run around. It was relaxing watching them get along so very well... maxing out the Disney magic on our last night! Here are one of the moments I was able to capture:
P1060065.jpg

To wrap up the evening, we had a wonderful monorail ride over to Epcot, we squeezed into our favorite firework viewing area, and held each other tight for our last Illuminations for a LONG time... :sad1:

Our stroll around WS was extra slow and extra emotional. We hit our beds with the knowledge that we had to leave tomorrow. What we didn't know was how WONDERFUL our last day would be!!

You get me all sad about saying good-bye and then leave it on a cliff hanger of an awesome day!!! You stink! :lmao:

Sorry to hear there were only 2 fairies! How odd! The photo-op sounds cute, but they should have that AND the 3rd fairy. At least Rosetta was there!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter