Sooo lucky booked dream trip at 7 months!

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Just want to say I personally have been very lucky at 7 months. So don't stress about your dream trip, the pixie will go your way:-) Get on computer at exactly 8am 7 mths and most likely you will get your dream room.

I snagged Grand Californian studio for 3 nights! On our way to Aulani 5 nights in a 1 bedroom ocean view:worship::love:.
I have been planning this for 2 years and we are staying 1 night Waikiki before cruise around islands. POA:cloud9:
I was so worried I wouldn't get aulani, nevermind dream stop in Disneyland.

Sooo now off to stalk airfare:crazy:
Thanks
Kerri

I am very glad it worked for you.

Not sure it's something anyone should rely on though. I've literally never seen grand cal show up.

(I check for fun, not for serious, because I dislike the grand cal and have no interest in staying there)

Enjoy!

We booked Grand Californian for when we debarked WBPC cruise a few years ago. We did some National Parks and DL after that cruise.

We have Aulani and an exchange in Maui to look forward to in February. So, we're looking forward to great times, too!

Congrats! That's a nice way to do a Disney trip to Hawaii! VGC is a home resort for me and I love it there - in fact can't wait to be back there in 2 1/2 weeks!

We were able to grab a Grand Villa at OKW for Spring Break at the 7 month. Always a good idea to have a back up ready in case you can' get what you want. Also very important to start first thing in the morning when your 7 month window opens.

I am very glad it worked for you.

Not sure it's something anyone should rely on though. I've literally never seen grand cal show up.

(I check for fun, not for serious, because I dislike the grand cal and have no interest in staying there)

cany figure this multiquote thing again:-(
They had D23 week before which might have offset and sent more pixie my way:-) do they usually have that at GCV?
Kerri

cany figure this multiquote thing again:-(
They had D23 week before which might have offset and sent more pixie my way:-) do they usually have that at GCV?
Kerri

D23 isn't actually at VGC or even DL but it's at the convention center in Anaheim which is just a short distance away. I think they have it there every 2 years?

Enjoy!

We booked Grand Californian for when we debarked WBPC cruise a few years ago. We did some National Parks and DL after that cruise.

We have Aulani and an exchange in Maui to look forward to in February. So, we're looking forward to great times, too!
Wish I had more time to explore west coast more... Another trip!
Work gets in the way of all my grandiose extended plans lol:p

Enjoy Hawaii again. I will visit he Nirth shore one day but I would love to go back in winter when the real big waves are there!!
So little time so much to see:-)
Kerri

Congrats! That's a nice way to do a Disney trip to Hawaii! VGC is a home resort for me and I love it there - in fact can't wait to be back there in 2 1/2 weeks!
I have never been to Disneyland so I am soooo psyched.
Since GCV is your home resort, Please share your favorite things about resort and if you have been to WDW what can't I miss at Disneyland:-)
Thanks
Kerri

We were able to grab a Grand Villa at OKW for Spring Break at the 7 month. Always a good idea to have a back up ready in case you can' get what you want. Also very important to start first thing in the morning when your 7 month window opens.
Nice!! That's a score points wise and a huge space!
Yes back up for sure!
Summer 2018 is my daughter Sweet 16. I have convinced her a few friends in Disney is Way better than a 4 hour partyparty:: much more fun for mama and crazy enough maybe similiar cost.

So I will book my home of "WLV" and get on computer at Zactly 8 am for her dream of a 2BR contemporary theme park view. I really want Lake view( don't want to see parking lot) and cheaper points. We shall see what's available then.... But at very least I will have a 2BR villa at an amazing resort:cloud9: I love my DVC!!
Thanks
Kerri

D23 isn't actually at VGC or even DL but it's at the convention center in Anaheim which is just a short distance away. I think they have it there every 2 years?
Oh wow that's a huge event!
So that would saturate all resorts in area.
Thanks
Kerri

I have never been to Disneyland so I am soooo psyched.
Since GCV is your home resort, Please share your favorite things about resort and if you have been to WDW what can't I miss at Disneyland:-)
Thanks
Kerri

I love the Craftsman style at GC/VGC and the close proximity to both parks. There is an entry gate from the hotel right into DCA that gets you into the park right by Grizzly River Rapids and the FP machines for WOC. It makes it very easy to get the WOC FP's and also easy to head to the hotel after riding Grizzly and getting drenched! The pool area has the best loungers and it's right out the door from the VGC wing.

Downtown Disney is also just out the door and you walk thru it to the front gates of DL.

At DL I think you need to do the rides that don't exist at WDW anymore or never did and also check out the rides that are at both places but are different.

To name a few -
Indiana Jones (like Dinosaur)
Mr. Toad
Alice in Wonderland
Matterhorn (be aware it is a very rough ride)
Roger Rabbit
Snow White
Storybook Canal Ride
Casey Jr Train
all of Carsland
CA Screamin'
Grizzly River Rapids (ala Kali River rapids but longer and better theme)
Castle walk thru
World of Color

And Pirates, Space Mt, IASW, HM to compare the differences (at least the first 3 are better at DL IMO)

I think that work on Star Wars land will still be going on so some things will be closed down like the train, riverboat, canoes and Fantasmic.

There's lots of good dining at DL and it doesn't have the same rush on reservations like WDW. In general I consider the QS options to be better. There is both a dining package for WOC or a dessert package for it too if you prefer something like that.

You'll probably be getting a bit disoriented at first - when you walk into DL it's just close enough to WDW to make you think you recognize it but then you find it's different. They've packed a lot into a smaller space so it's generally less walking.

I love the Craftsman style at GC/VGC and the close proximity to both parks. There is an entry gate from the hotel right into DCA that gets you into the park right by Grizzly River Rapids and the FP machines for WOC. It makes it very easy to get the WOC FP's and also easy to head to the hotel after riding Grizzly and getting drenched! The pool area has the best loungers and it's right out the door from the VGC wing.

Downtown Disney is also just out the door and you walk thru it to the front gates of DL.

At DL I think you need to do the rides that don't exist at WDW anymore or never did and also check out the rides that are at both places but are different.

To name a few -
Indiana Jones (like Dinosaur)
Mr. Toad
Alice in Wonderland
Matterhorn (be aware it is a very rough ride)
Roger Rabbit
Snow White
Storybook Canal Ride
Casey Jr Train
all of Carsland
CA Screamin'
Grizzly River Rapids (ala Kali River rapids but longer and better theme)
Castle walk thru
World of Color

And Pirates, Space Mt, IASW, HM to compare the differences (at least the first 3 are better at DL IMO)

I think that work on Star Wars land will still be going on so some things will be closed down like the train, riverboat, canoes and Fantasmic.

There's lots of good dining at DL and it doesn't have the same rush on reservations like WDW. In general I consider the QS options to be better. There is both a dining package for WOC or a dessert package for it too if you prefer something like that.

You'll probably be getting a bit disoriented at first - when you walk into DL it's just close enough to WDW to make you think you recognize it but then you find it's different. They've packed a lot into a smaller space so it's generally less walking.

Thanks for all of the great info....MR Toad:love: Childhood memories.
Do most of these rides have fastpass. I am now used to the magic band. Do you get to book 3 rides ahead? Or all when you arrive at park old school?
Also WOC are any of those restaurants must do? Is the viewing better than Fastpass?
Thanks
Kerri

Thanks for all of the great info....MR Toad:love: Childhood memories.
Do most of these rides have fastpass. I am now used to the magic band. Do you get to book 3 rides ahead? Or all when you arrive at park old school?
Also WOC are any of those restaurants must do? Is the viewing better than Fastpass?
Thanks
Kerri

They do not have MDE - it's still the legacy FP that you get when there. And no, most rides don't have FP's.

For the WOC restaurants I don't know if any are exactly must do's. Carthay Circle may be the best but I just get that from reviews - hope to try it in a couple of weeks though. Wine Country Trattoria is a decent dining experience. Ariels I haven't tried and have never had any great desire to do so either.

They do not have MDE - it's still the legacy FP that you get when there. And no, most rides don't have FP's.

For the WOC restaurants I don't know if any are exactly must do's. Carthay Circle may be the best but I just get that from reviews - hope to try it in a couple of weeks though. Wine Country Trattoria is a decent dining experience. Ariels I haven't tried and have never had any great desire to do so either.
Hmmm so now it's do I waste fastpass on WOC or get dining pckge.
Is it the same you can get 3 fast passes and once u use one you get another.
Also any not to miss restaurants?
Sooo excited. All New Disney :yay:
Thanks
Kerri

Hmmm so now it's do I waste fastpass on WOC or get dining pckge.
Is it the same you can get 3 fast passes and once u use one you get another.
Also any not to miss restaurants?
Sooo excited. All New Disney :yay:
Thanks
Kerri

The WOC FP does not figure into your attraction FP's so you can get that and then head off to get a ride FP. The rules for attraction FP are that you can get one and after you use that or after 2 hours have passed get a second one and continue on that way.

3 FP's is at WDW where you can get a new one after you use all 3.

The WOC FP does not figure into your attraction FP's so you can get that and then head off to get a ride FP. The rules for attraction FP are that you can get one and after you use that or after 2 hours have passed get a second one and continue on that way.

3 FP's is at WDW where you can get a new one after you use all 3.
It used to be that way at WDW. After use one fastpass can get another, but I thought you could get three. Maybe I'm confusing old and new LOL!
So when you enter Disneyland how many fast passes can I secure first thing?
Is WOC in a different category?

Sorry just starting my research on Disneyland....and I just for fun was pricing my trip...HOLY SMOKES...Prices...YIKES.
But I just noticed construction going on at GCV for my stay in July. For the Lobby :-(
Kerri

It used to be that way at WDW. After use one fastpass can get another, but I thought you could get three. Maybe I'm confusing old and new LOL!
So when you enter Disneyland how many fast passes can I secure first thing?
Is WOC in a different category?

Sorry just starting my research on Disneyland....and I just for fun was pricing my trip...HOLY SMOKES...Prices...YIKES.
But I just noticed construction going on at GCV for my stay in July. For the Lobby :-(
Kerri

It does seem that you are mixing up the 2 systems. :goodvibes On the old paper FP's it was only ever one at a time, albeit if you got one that was for later in the day then 2 hours later you could get another so you could potentially end up with more than one. WOC is completely separate from the other FP's so you can get it and then immediately get anothe ride FP. When you enter DL you can get one FP and either use it or wait 2 hours to get the next one.

It does seem that you are mixing up the 2 systems. :goodvibes On the old paper FP's it was only ever one at a time, albeit if you got one that was for later in the day then 2 hours later you could get another so you could potentially end up with more than one. WOC is completely separate from the other FP's so you can get it and then immediately get anothe ride FP. When you enter DL you can get one FP and either use it or wait 2 hours to get the next one.
Ahhhh ok LOL. So I can get WOC 1st thing and then move on to reg Fastpass. Use one then get another and still have WOC?
That would be good because the only reason I was going to do Dining package was for a guaranteed spot for WOC. I am staying at GCV so I
am "assuming" I can snag that if I get up early? :-)
Although I was considering Carthay Circle for lunch. My DD 15 very picky eater. Eats kids food kills me to pay adult. I see they
have burger on lunch menu she would eat though.
I am so excited about all the new planning for Disneyland:-)
Thanks
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter