1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

sooo disappointed....

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by lionqueen, Mar 21, 2013.

1. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

Looks like they have corrected the points on that contract

There are a couple of other contracts there that look comparable.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. AddieAidey

AddieAidey Earning My Ears

I would find a new contract...there are soooo many right now. I purchased the same exact configuration from another broker and we paid $66 per point but we are paying closing an MF's for this year....but we are still in ROFR. I got bummed because a contract I just had to have didn't work out, then this one came along.

I think you either renegotiate or move on...check the other brokers too :) Best of luck to you!

4. lionqueen

lionqueen Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and advise. I renegotiated and said I wanted $1500 (a little more than $11 a point for the discrepancy) off of the purchase price with all other terms the same to continue with the sale. The sellers agreed so we are moving forward. It works out to be about $60 pp. So now we're off to ROFR. Thanks again everyone.

5. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Good negotiating and good luck. Hope after all this, you get through ROFR quickly!

6. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Hope you make it through ROFR- GL:)- I'm currently trying to pass a SSR for $61/ point w/ no 2011 points! Seller pays closing and 2013 maint fees-). I paid $3/ point more than I had originally negotiated because I've lost two SSR contracts recently- hope I pass this time as I will need no more points!

7. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

Best of luck with ROFR and I think you are getting a good deal with this contract. Hope everything else goes smoothly.

8. heynowirv

heynowirv DIS Veteran

Good advice Doug,i totally agree.Lionqueen good luck on whatever you decide.

9. elfbo

elfbo DIS Veteran

Grats on being able to renegotiate!

10. MickeyFan612

So Bummed- Found out this morning that even w/ my increased offer Disney still bought it back:(.

11. wordwitt

wordwitt Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry! When did you go to ROFR on the renegotiated contract?

12. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

:o( so sorry what were how many points were there?

13. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

So sorry. How many points did it have? Doesn't give my much hope for ours. it's not letting me delete this. sorry for 2 msgs!

14. MickeyFan612

It was a 300 point Dec use year- I thought maybe I'd be safe w/ it being a larger contract! Broker had me sign a contract amendment a few days ago stating that the 2012 points had been banked- I took it as a sign in my favor but no such luck!

15. MickeyFan612

Good Luck w/ yours! What are the details of your contract?

16. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

SSR 150, sept uy. we pay everything. $63 pp, we paid $3 over asking. not that that'll help, but we thought $60 was too low & would be taken back for sure. SOOOOOO nervous!! went on the 20th.

17. MickeyFan612

I wouldn't give up all hope, especially since you offered more plus paid all fees- wish I would have offered a couple bucks more! Good Luck to you!

18. Apps

Apps Mouseketeer

Mine was SSR 150, Dec UY. No points until Dec '13. $62pp and I pay closing, they pay the rest. I sent in on Mar 6th but haven't heard yet. :confused3

19. elfbo

elfbo DIS Veteran

From reading lately, it looks like Disney is buying back quite a few properties where the seller is paying the closing fees and maintenance.

20. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

We are selling a SSR 130 Oct UY no points until Oct. 63.00 PP buyer payes everything and it went to ROFR on 3/2 we found out Disney waived ROFR on 3/27 - so any day now good luck!