Sooner kate

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi Kate... I just need your wisdom once again

My friend is a communications major from Emmanuel College in Boston.. Disney Reps don't go to his school. he was wondering if he could attend Northeasterns presentation. Also if there were any jobs specific to Communications for the CP...

Thank you
Marc

He can absolutely attend Northeastern's presentation, or a presentation at whatever school is closest to him.

While no jobs are specifically for communication majors, there are a ton of advantages that the CP can provide for comm majors. Direct your friend to the major benefit sheet here; (It's a PDF; you can even save it and e-mail it if that's easier.) Your friend might also like to look at some of the MANY communication oriented advanced internships available to alumni of the CP, or the Public Affairs AI which is available to non-alumni. (It's an extremely competitive position, but have your friend talk to the recruiter at Northeastern about it and other possible opportunities.)

Tell your friend good luck! One of my CP roommates is now a rep at Northeastern.

Just thought I would make a quick post as a Comm. Arts major. Although the normal part of the college program doesn’t offer anything that is in particular Comm. oriented, you do gain a lot of knowledge from the program. I did my CP my freshman year, and since then lots of the stuff I have been learning in my core Comm. classes (i.e. intercultural comm., interpersonal comm. Comm. theory) I can think back to my time on the CP and relate it to that, which makes learning about it so much easier. Even more so when I took an organizational Comm. class and we were talking about lines of Comm. in big companies. I have even written a few papers for my Comm. classes (and some non-comm. classes) based on the company based on my experiences.

So tell your friend to go for it, even if it’s just the normal CP (although it wouldn't hurt to apply for the public affairs AI... although thats what i'm applying for this fall too). I got all of that experience from doing Food and Beverage :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter