• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soon offsite guests can pre-book FP+, what is in store for on site guests?

I am well aware that there was no distinction between offsite and onsite guests when using FP-. But with FP- , there was UNLIMITED fast passes for all.

With the advent of FP+ tiering and 3 limit/day you are now diminishing the value of my park ticket (whether onsite or offsite). Disney HAS to know this.

My point, is if I am an onsite guest giving them more money (and they will make more money for you staying in their hotels , buying food and drinks at your resort than those who come to the park for a day and stay offsite), wouldn't it make sense for them to create some sort of fast pass incentive to stay on property?

That was the point of my OP.

Perhaps if they weren't so limiting with the FP I wouldnt care if I had another benefit from staying onsite. But if i were the CEO I would create an added incentive, as a fast pass is probably more valuable to people than a 10 day ADR advantage. I would also give some sort of incentive to AP holders, because if I can get them into my parks more often then they will ultimately spend more money there. I would give everyone the pre-book advantage, with a +10 for onsite ticket holders. And lastly, I would let everyone be able to book more than 3 FP once they get into the park based on availability.

Let's assume onsite and offsite end up being treated the same in terms of FP+...

Park access was equal before with FP-, if it ends up still being equal in terms of FP+, why would onsite assume they should now get something extra?

It's almost a psychological game...People who used more than 3 FPs/day (or 2 or 1 depending on tiers) feel like they are getting less for their money now, it's like you want to stick it to Disney and say fine, but I'm taking my hotel dollars elsewhere.

I would like things to stay equal in the parks, but I still think they are going to end up giving more FPs to onsite and by resort level, but we shall see I guess.

I am well aware that there was no distinction between offsite and onsite guests when using FP-. But with FP- , there was UNLIMITED fast passes for all.

This is not entirely true. With FP- there were always limits, but those limits were different limits than the limtis on FP+. The FP- limit was on when you would be able to obtain another FP.

Disney would only enact FP+ if it thought that it could recover the costs and make a profit somehow. After all, Disney is not a charity, but a business. From Disney's point of view:

1) IF Disney was offering advanced FP+ reservations as another perk that is exclusive to its resort guests, how do you think Disney plans to recover its considerable costs? We all know Disney does NOT invest a pile of money just to be nice.

Answer: by raising the price of its rooms. Either the resorts are already full, or Disney projects that FP+ reservations will fill those rooms. In either case, Disney can charge more money for those rooms following the higher demand.

or

2) IF Disney intended to open advanced FP+ reservations to ALL its guests, how would Disney recover its considerable costs?

Answer 1: By improving the efficiency of its operations. If Disney knows when its offsite AND onsite guests are coming in advance, Disney will be able to adjust staffing levels, food preparation quantity and maintenance schedules.

Answer 2: By charging for the right to make advanced FP+ reservations. If Disney can make a buck by charging the right to make FP+ reservations in advance from resort guests, there is no reason why they wouldn't do likewise for offsite guests.

so

Those who are regular onsite guests may NOT want to be so eager about getting another exclusive perk. If resort guests get the exclusive perk, then resort guests will bear the perk costs exclusively.

How will Disney determine the dates that off-site guests are eligible for fastpasses? On-site guests are easy, they have their reservation info. How will this work? Can anyone book any date? Do they have to purchase tickets for certain dates to qualify?

I am thoroughly confused as to how this will work? :confused3

How will Disney determine the dates that off-site guests are eligible for fastpasses? On-site guests are easy, they have their reservation info. How will this work? Can anyone book any date? Do they have to purchase tickets for certain dates to qualify?

I am thoroughly confused as to how this will work? :confused3

Total speculation (and possibly based on incorrect assumptions, as I have not verified all of my facts):

- MDE App is available to everyone. So download the app, create an account;
- Buy a ticket, and link it to your MDE account (probably by entering a unique code from the ticket itself)
- Make any FP+ reservation within 60 days. Presumably you will wait until 60 days before your visit to do this, and actually make FP+ reservations on the days you will actually be in the park.

However I would expect practical limitations;
- Cannot make FP+ reservations for more days than on your ticket;
- Cannot make FP+ reservations beyond the last possible day your ticket could be valid.

Example; Five day ticket, unused, expires 14 days after first use. Make a FP+ reservation on the 1st, then you can make another reservation on any other four days between the 2nd and the 14th. Once ticket is used, then expiration date is known, and then range of possible FP+ reservations dates are locked in.

I would wonder if there would be a penalty for making FP+ reservations, but not going to any park that day. Obviously, you would not lose an admission day, but would you lose a day of FP+ reservations? I would expect that AP holders, and holders of non-expiration tickets could do this without penalty.

Finally, I would also presume that these limitations might already exist, but have never been tested, since the first possible day of use is actually limited to the arrival date of the reservation, and so, from a real world perspective, the range of possible FP+ reservation dates is more tightly controlled for on site guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter