Sony Cybershot owners........a question...

Lisa L from MI

<font color=0099CC>Just call me the handing out ke
I have one....and have my hookup to the back of the computer.......I wanted to hook my camera up to put some pics up. Usually when I did it in the past.....an F drive would pop up on my computer thingie and list the pics...dsc......etc....well, I think my software disappeared.....

Question.....anyone know the software name of it???? I have so much crap laying around here that I am not sure.....and if I don't have it....can I get it off the site....

My camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-S75

Thanks
Lisa

BUMP!!!!!

Please help...I really want to get these pics up!!!

Thanks

Do you keep the cable plugged in all of the time? If so, try unplugging it and rebooting and then plugging it back in. There really isn't any software - windows recognizes the camera when it is plugged into the USB port as a drive.

I really hate to try that....the desk is so hard to move....when I plug my camera in it displays USB normal....I think that...that is what it said when it was connected....

tstobb.........didn't work......maybe there is another answer????????

thanks

We have a floppy that we put the memory stick into. Then you don't have to fuss with all the wires anymore. Better yet, we just got a new printer that has slots for different memory cards (I haven't tried it yet). The floppy was purchased at Best Buy. I can't remember the price.

Thanks for all your help...but no, I was always able just to hook my camera up to the thingie attached to the back of my tower and "BOOM" there was this "f" drive.....and they were all there.....I can't seem to do it now.......

I have the Sony Cybershot DSC-P32...which one do you have? I am looking to see if I can find some answers for you, and I may not need to know the model number, but just in case... :)

I'm sorry, I just reread your original post and saw that you included the model number there....what can I say? It's late on the east coast :crazy:

Checking it out for you!!

Ok, so the Sony support website is NOT easy to get around...but here is the link anyway :teeth: http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/

What it sounds like to me is that your computer is just not recognizing it...I would suggest to just check the connections, if you haven't done that already...make sure they're tight, etc. Try rebooting again. My boyfriend was having a similar problem with my computer last week, but never really fixed it...Mr. ComputerTechGuy didn't want to hassle with it at the time. I'm not sure how much of a hassle it is, but either way...I'd probably just call Sony Tech Support. The website is horrible to navigate, and it's always nicer talking to a person. I've also had good luck with their tech support. Good luck with this, and if I find anything to help you, I'll certainly give you the heads up!!!! :Pinkbounc

Hi, Lisa!

I have an S75 (I LOVE THIS CAMERA) and never installed any software to get my computer to recognize the camera (for me it is my e drive) so unfortunately, I can't help you out with that. That being said, I have windows XP and a lot of the time it was tempermental in recognizing the camera, especially if I turned the camera on in mid act so to speak.

Between this, and the camera falling off the desk (it does all kinds of fun things in the review process now :( ) I finally bought a MagicGate which I highly recommend. It makes life sooooo much easier!

I hope you get it figured out.

I'd try this:

Start Menu ---> Settings ---> Control Panel

You should find an Icon called "Add/Remove Hardware"

This opens a "Wizard" that will help you troubleshoot hardware.

Good Luck!

The only software my camera came with was Imagmixer. Don't know if that is what you need or not. Hope this helps you out.

Pokie

Lisa,

I have an S85 (same camera newer version), and I hated having to hookup the usb cable all the time, so I bought a Lexar media memory stick reader. It was about $15 and it is always plugged in to a USB port. I 2 sided taped it to my computer chassis. When you plug the memory stick in the "removable drive" icon shows up and you can download pictures or just view them from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter