Sony Camcorder Help Needed...

NHLFAN

Disney Dreamer
Hi,

Our last trip to WDW I used my Sony Digital camera and grabs some great shots....This year I'm going to bring along a Sony Digital Camcorder along for the trip.

Help needed:

For indoor attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean,etc. should I use the NIGHTSHOT or SUPER NIGHTSHOT option ?

Any other tips (fireworks,parades) that would help me in shooting good videos while in the parks.

Thanks for your help.

You might want to post this on the community board. We have a couple of knowledgeable people over there that can probably answer this for you.

Which Sony camera do you have? I use a mavica at work all the time and while I like it it is too large to carry around. I have looked at the sony cybershot I think they are called and am really leaning towards one of these.

Originally posted by bobcat
You might want to post this on the community board. We have a couple of knowledgeable people over there that can probably answer this for you.

Which Sony camera do you have? I use a mavica at work all the time and while I like it it is too large to carry around. I have looked at the sony cybershot I think they are called and am really leaning towards one of these.

I bought a Cybershot a couple years back and it worked great at the parks...It's nice to get the photo you want and if not just delete it and reshoot.
I took great shots of Illuminations, Osborne Family Lights and fireworks at night...Which I could never seem to capture with my 35mm camera.

I have the sony fx77 and it is fantastic.

My chap has the little palm sized sony digital camcorder and he used the nightshot and the results were amazing. He videod the Osboune lights and anything else he thought he could fit on the tape.

With the fireworks etc he just got his position and did no zooming etc. When we watched the Illuminations one back it was amazing. The clarity was excellent. Sony certinally do good cameras.

NHLFAN which Cybershot do you have? I am leaning towards the 3.0 megapixle with the optical zoom.

Hi,
I have a Sony DSC-S50 (2.1 megapixle) that I bought a couple years back... My new Digital Camcorder uses the same M series InfoLithium batteries so I use the same charger etc...plugs right into both units.

Hi This post caught my eye because I just bought a Sony trv18 two days ago. Just learning it right now.

I never thought of using night shot or super night shot for catching firworks. Does this really capture the brillant colors of fireworks. I tried filming in total darkness but all I could see was green. (I have not played back yet).

btw, the reason I bought this mini DV camcorder was beacause my 9 year sony 8mm broke. I have 11 8mm tapes that I still want to see. Can anyone suggest the best ways for conversion. Ideally I would like to plug a cd/dvd/vcd (not sure of the right lingo) into my home DVD player and watch. I have access to another 8mm camera and computer.

Thanks for any input.

Try gaining access to the other 8mm ... record it onto you DV...then onto your computer.

If you have a video capture card you can do it thay way...

Someone told me that the Haunted Mansion is great for using NightShot...Disney uses infrared as some type of security feature so the NightShots come out even brighter than normal.

As for fireworks/night shots someone has also informed me that the "sunset" setting works good...

Hi! I own a sony TRV840 camcorder. The night shot should work but there is a greenish tint to the picture. You might want to experiment with other settings!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter