Sonoma Diet?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by DisneyMomOfThree, Feb 5, 2006.

1. DisneyMomOfThree

DisneyMomOfThree Mouseketeer

Has anyone had experience on the Sonoma Diet? I read about it in Family Circle March 06 and it looks good. I was wondering about how you know how many calories you are eating and portions. I have been following a diet that eats a lot of salads and soups to fill you up without the calories and fat. However I am starting to get tired of it. So do you like the Sonoma Diet and how much have you lost on average per week?

2. ptrbryant

ptrbryant DIS Veteran

but I saw it described on tv last week. It sounds very much like the South Beach Diet...for 10 days, cut out practically all carbs including fruit. I think you were allowed 1 slice of whole wheat bread a day. But, you could have plenty of lean meats, eggs, low-fat cheese, vegetables. Atfer that point, you slowly add in only whole grain carbs...brown rice, whole wheat pasta, while wheat bread, and some fruits.

I lost 11 pounds fairly easily on the South Beach Diet...I think I'm esp. sensitive to carbs. I did well until I had my cholesterol tested and it was way too high (I may have gone more Atkins than SOuth Beach at points during the diet which I feel could have contributed.) Anyway, I worked hard eating to lower my cholesterol...lowered it by 57 points (!), but put 8 pounds back on!

Karla B. :thumbsup2

3. DisneyMomOfThree

DisneyMomOfThree Mouseketeer

Thank you for the reply. I think I am going to try it. Wish me luck.