Song & Delta Airlines

carole88

New Yorker at Heart
My Song flight for June was changed to a new Delta flight. I knew when I made the reservation that by the time we flew all of the flights would be under the Delta name but I didn't think that my flights would change. My flight to Florida is now leaving 40 minutes earlier and my flight back to Vegas is leaving an hour and 25 minutes later. I had to call Delta to confirm my seats again. I just hope that they will have the TV screens on the seats the way the Song flights did. Vegas to Orlando is a long flight! The customer service agent thinks they will have the TVs since it probably will be a redesigned Song plane but I won't know for sure until we get on the plane.

Just wanted to give everyone who has booked a flight on Song who will be traveling after the beginning of May a heads up. Check your reservation!

We're flying song/delta out of and into Las Vegas also. Our flights were changed to a different time, but not too much difference. When I go to the website to check my reservation it says my seat is unassigned but when I look at the seating chart our seats are still greyed out. Is this what happened with you? I suppose I should call and confirm that we still have the same seats.

Thats funny all of us out of Vegas are on the same airline ..lol we got a letter but I didnt notice a time change ...I better recheck ...

We flew song from Fort Lauderdale to Las Vegas and by the time we left Las Vegas we were on a cra**y delta plane with horrible seats..we were really ticked off. If I were you I would call and choose new seats. Hubby and I both ended up in middle seats, because the plane was totally different..ugh.

The song planes are so great..the delta planes..not so much.

We booked on Song for June/July so we are also being switched to Delta flights. Our times changed and we didnt like the new times so we coughed up an extra $30 per person to get better timed flights. I hope they still have the tv screens in the seats too. I thought the trivia game was pretty cool.

More then likely those flying from the west coast will be on flights with personal TV's. Those of you on flying from new england will probably not have personal tvs. That's because those flights are less then 1500 miles.

Matt

I've read that as well: Delta is deploying the Song aircraft onto "cross-country" flights.

tynkerbell said:
We're flying song/delta out of and into Las Vegas also. Our flights were changed to a different time, but not too much difference. When I go to the website to check my reservation it says my seat is unassigned but when I look at the seating chart our seats are still greyed out. Is this what happened with you? I suppose I should call and confirm that we still have the same seats.

Yes this is what happened to us. When I called they confirmed the seats. Then I went back to the website and they had updated the seat confirmation.

I too hope we still have the TVs. My DH & I loved the trivia. We had a big competition going on betwen the two of us.

thanks Carole for the heads up.

Just checked out Delta and our flight time was changed from 6am to 7am.

Delta/Song and their constant flight time changes/seats being unassigned is a always a topic on the Transportation Forum.

They do not notify you of flight time changes, even if they are quite substantial, and you loose your seat assignments every time they make a change. Even if the flight time change is only by 2 minutes. If you don't call to get your seat back (or any seat assignment, for that matter) quickly after the flight has been changed you may end up like webray. Left with the crappy seats. I check my flight EVERY day, which is a pain.

I know every airline changes flight times, but Delta seems to do it constantly. Sometimes you can get a seat assignment and sometimes not. They will tell you, "You'll get an assignment at check in", which means first come, first serve. I don't think I'll fly with them anymore.

Delta's notified me of flight changes several times before. They're supposed to do so three weeks prior to your flight, not before and not after.

For my travel needs, to notify me 3 weeks in advance of a 3 hour+ flight change doesn't work too well. Also, to tell me I can't have an assigned seat back because there aren't any left to assign except at the gate, even though I booked my flight when the plane was 3/4 empty, is not great service either :rolleyes:

You might be happier with a different airline. Luckily, soon Delta will BE a different airline.

bicker said:
You might be happier with a different airline. Luckily, soon Delta will BE a different airline.

When that happens, what will happen to frequent flyer miles? I have a ton of Skymiles -- will they be worth anything on any other airline?

Assuming Delta survives, nothing will happen to Skymiles.

Delta is currently under bankruptcy protection. They're going to have to reorganize in order to stay in business, just like US Airways and United. So far they haven't worked out a comprehensive plan. What we do know is that they are currently keeping discounted airfares out of the system. It should be interesting to see what Delta becomes.

magiroux said:
For my travel needs, to notify me 3 weeks in advance of a 3 hour+ flight change doesn't work too well. Also, to tell me I can't have an assigned seat back because there aren't any left to assign except at the gate, even though I booked my flight when the plane was 3/4 empty, is not great service either :rolleyes:

I remember someone on this board mentioning that Song and Delta were in trouble awhile back so I didn't want to take a chance and I made our reservations on American Airlines!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter