• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Somthing interesting in MY Sunday paper

cobbler

DIS Veteran
I get the Grand Rapids Press and along with the 1500 dollar deal that everyone else go there was also a 1/2 page story/ad/whatever with it.

It was tips and junk, nothing most of us don't know - EXCEPT THIS:

It talks about What's next and talks about the 50 year celebration (very vaguely) but there was one paragraph that caught me offguard.

"A "virtual theme park" will debut with a free online game in which you adopt a persona and acquire points. Sounds like the popular "SIMS" computer games, except you can win real Disney discounts."

What is this all about???

WOW!! That sounds really interesting. I hope we hear more about it. Thanks for the heads up.

I found this..Hope its for WDW too!

Disney to launch Virtual Kingdom free online game to promote Disneyland 50th
Advertising Age reports Disney's plan to launch a free online game called Virtual Magic Kingdom to promote Disneyland's 50th Birthday beginning this summer. Aimed at 7-12 year ODs, Virtual Magic Kingdom players will be able to wind special perks and head-of-line privileges for rides. They'll also be able to play on-site games at parks to win points for their online gaming persona. Advertising Age January, 3 (requires subscription)

Other 50th Birthday festivities? Look for Sleepy Beauty's Castle to be decorated like a jewelry box and Tinkerbell to fly above the park. That's the word from Disney's Vice Chairman of Imagineering Marty Skylar as spoken at Pine and Gilmore's thinkAbout 2004 reception at Disneyland.

So.........how many of us die-hard fans who are....shall we say....a few years older than the target ages of 7-12 are going to be playing this game? :earboy2:

Selket said:
So.........how many of us die-hard fans who are....shall we say....a few years older than the target ages of 7-12 are going to be playing this game? :earboy2:

Not me :rolleyes1
but.. I happen to have 3 little targets

Sounds awesome, but I bet the imagineers didnt take into account the number of ADULT disney addicts. bet more adults will play than tweens. I know I'll try it!

I just put two and two together after reading this post and my son got a survey to fill out from Disney (he is 11) it pertained to an online type thing. It was actually sent to me and Disney asked me to allow my son to fill it out. I think this is what it had to do with. I am trying to remember more of what it asked him. It was something like if you watched this commercial and then when it ended it said for you to log on to a certain site to continue the commercial and actually give you a chance to choose the ending and get a junior license or something like that would that be of interest to you. It had a few different scenarios to choose from. I am thinking that this has something directly to do with this. I don't know if this means anything to anyone, or if I am just rambling but I just thought I would pass it on. I just love Disney!

My son got an online survey for the new Lights Motor cars action stunt thing. (I know that isn't the right name but it escapes me right now).

Who knows??

We won't have a lot of time to play the game before our visit, but heck, we are going anyway, if the kids can win free prizes, great!

This sound fun, but if our last trip is Memorial Day, I don't think it'll do us much good. OR can you start playig shortly but can't redeem anything until May5th?? Anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter