Somewhere between GA and Orlando

SweetPeasMom2

DIS Veteran
Where is a good place to stay between the GA/FL state line and Orlando? We are looking for something inexpensive for New Years Eve.

Well, Valdosta is a border town and Ocala is the last town in Florida before you get onto the Florida Turnpike to go to Orlando. They both have hotels you can bid on in Priceline. Are you looking for something between those two points? How far away from Orlando do you want to stop?

We are coming from Atlanta, so something a little more than half way. We need to be in Orlando by 1:30pm on Friday. I've done priceline for Orlando but not having much luck. I'll try Some of those suggestions.

We are staying at The Renaissance at the World Golf Resort in St Augustine. We bid on it on priceline and did not originally get it but got an email back for a rate of 75 for the night. It's a little over 2 hours from there to Orlando and right off I-95.

Unfortunately St Augustine is too far east when driving from ATL. I agree with the above poster that if you can get a deal in Valdosta it is just about at the half way point.

Look into Valdosta GA or Lake City FL!! Both are right off 75. Valdosta is about 3 1/2 hours from Orlando.

Look into Valdosta GA or Lake City FL!! Both are right off 75. Valdosta is about 3 1/2 hours from Orlando.

I live in Lake city and can tell you it will take 2.5 hrs to Disney from here. There are a few newer hotels in the area. Holiday Inn is about 2-3 Years old, there is a Courtyard by Marriott and a Fairfield Inn by Marriott that are both less then one year old. The Restaurant options are a bit limited, and the shopping is very limited. All the decent hotels are at the First Lake City Exit when traveling Southbound US90.

There is a Holiday Inn Express in Ocala that is across the street from Silver Springs. We stayed there one night. The hotel is very new and the service was very good. In the evening, we went across the street to Silver Springs to see their Christmas lights and boat parade. It made it a more interesting stopping point on our trip.

I live about 30 miles north of ATL and it takes us 7 hours to get to Orlando. Some people just don't like long drives.

It's 216 miles from Valdosta to Orlando, 155 miles from Lake City and 80 miles from Ocala. You know how fast you drive, that may help in your decision. And don't forget to top off your gas tank in Valdosta, there are two service centers at exit 1 of I-75. Generally I've found the best gas prices to be right around Macon and then anywhere close to the Florida border. It's pretty rare to see better gas prices in Florida than Georgia so odds are good that if you fill up before you cross the state line you'll save a few dollars.

Thanks. I ended up getting something at the Extended Stay in the Orlando area (Maigate??).

It's not so much the drive time as it was just needing a place cheap and not being able to find anything for that one night. It is New Years Eve night, so things were scarce. I bid for the Orlando area on Priceline and wasn't able to get anything for my original bids. So we were trying to find a place somewhere on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter