Somewhat non live blog of 9/3 sailing

Morning! I'm sitting in my ridiculously large balcony watching the ship back into Castaway. For the record, Room 10658 is very nice. Yes they're is a lot of vibration and some parts of the day it is in the sun, but this morning it is all shade, and a gorgeous view of Castaway. Loving it.

Last night we saw Shang- Chi. Awesome movie. Be sure to stay till the very END of credits.

I didn't make it to the Halloween party but they had bags of candy in the staterooms when we got back from dinner. I think that takes the place of trick or treating.

We had 2 bags in our room...not sure if that's because I have 2 kids or if everyone got 2.

There was trivia last night (we lost) and walking around we got to interact with characters in a way that we never have before. Had a 5 min conversation with Ariel about our plans for swimming at Castaway. 100% in character.

I truly hope the character meet and greets stay this way. They are such an impressive experience.

For activities yesterday there was a lot of arts and crafts, multiple trivia's, karaoke, match your mate, an awesome violinist in the district, sonata and Buble music in Pink (it hit capacity so we couldn't go in)

Today is a lot of movies on FB, yoga, crafts, Disney Animation in D lounge, kids club open houses, Disney trivia, inside out memory orbs game, 1820 basketball, generation quests, bingo, 90s music trivia, and more.

Ok, off to breakfast.

Thank you for sharing!! So excited to get on board on Monday!! Love that there is still special Halloween entertainment… love all the variety and unique experiences…

Thanks so much for doing this. Hopefully we'll be sailing in two weeks on our shortened Fantasy cruise. Three out of four of our kids (two of them being the adults) are looking forward to the Halloween activities, so thanks for that information.

The bags were already filled with candy? I thought that the description of the Mouse-Querade said that they had trick or treat on deck?

The elevators have been 1 party or 2 individuals at a time. We have NEVER waited more than a min or 2 for an elevator.

We joined the virtual queue at about 8:30 and got group 144, our time is 10am so we headed to breakfast at Enchanted Garden.

I ordered the glazed donut.. according to our server they are fresh made on the boat, NOT KK. And he was right. It was nowhere close to a KK. Sigh.

Breakfast was delicious and my son loved the Mickey waffles, but overall sit down breakfast takes WAY too long. Going back to Cabana's for future breakfasts (except tomorrow is Palo Brunch)

Breakfast took so long we missed our queue time. Grabbed another one at 10:25. I have a feeling we will miss that one too and just walk off.

The last time we did a HOHS years ago it was a rainy day so they canceled the trick or treating cause some stations were located outside and they had a bag of candy waiting for DS in the room. It will be just DH and I this time and hope we get some candy in our room even without kids.

For activities yesterday there was a lot of arts and crafts, multiple trivia's, karaoke, match your mate, an awesome violinist in the district, sonata and Buble music in Pink (it hit capacity so we couldn't go in)

Today is a lot of movies on FB, yoga, crafts, Disney Animation in D lounge, kids club open houses, Disney trivia, inside out memory orbs game, 1820 basketball, generation quests, bingo, 90s music trivia, and more.

Ok, off to breakfast.
So is the basketball court open again? I heard it had been closed and was going to be used as sun deck.

I just read that starting September 3rd - Nov 21 2021 The Bahamas port authority will not allow the Dream to dock at Castaway Cay unless all guests are vaccinated. I was hoping someone could tell me if this is actually happening. Can't believe everything you read. :)

help.cruises.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405629276429-Disney-Cruise-Line-Health-Safety-Requirements

Last edited:
I just read that starting September 3rd - Nov 21 2021 The Bahamas port authority will not allow the Dream to dock at Castaway Cay unless all guests are vaccinated. I was hoping someone could tell me if this is actually happening. Can't believe everything you read. :)

help.cruises.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405629276429-Disney-Cruise-Line-Health-Safety-Requirements
This is correct, for guests 12 and up. Plus starting Sept 13, all guests, regardless of vaccination status will have to be tested at the port. Look on DCL website for more info.

Really enjoying following along! At first I thought you got in a virtual queue for breakfast! Hope your day at CC is wonderful!

There was trivia last night (we lost) and walking around we got to interact with characters in a way that we never have before. Had a 5 min conversation with Ariel about our plans for swimming at Castaway. 100% in character.

I truly hope the character meet and greets stay this way. They are such an impressive experience.

It works when there are only up to maybe 1000 guests on board. When they get back to 4000 guests...it won't work, unfortunately.

Can you tell us what kinda Halloween merchandise they are offering? Specifically do they have a black bag with pumpkins like this. Debating if I should buy it while in Disney World or on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter