Sometimes things don't always go according to plan TR! (8/27-9/1) UPDATED 9/7

I am so excited about the Pirates League...a bit disappointed about not doing BBB, but maybe my little girl will want to do it next time :cloud9:

Ok, so I can count out the beer and lobster roll (don't like either :eek:), but I am definitely looking forward to trying School Bread. You don't like dole whips??? :scared1: That is something you don't hear every day...I guess I'll have to eat an extra one just for you :rotfl:
Extra dessert....go for it!!!! :hug:

Friday, Aug. 31

Since Thursday is our last park day :( (yes, we only got 4 day park hoppers :sad2:), we will be checking out of ASMovies Friday morning...but wait....checking in to the Polynesian :hyper: It will be our first stay there AND our first time staying Club Level :worship: To say that this is the best day of my life is an understatement (of course, other than the birth of my babies...and oh wait, marrying my husband :lmao:- which is why we are staying at the Poly CL! An early anniversary present to ourselves :banana:). Before checking in at the Poly, we will probably hit DTD, do some shopping, and eat at the Earl of Sandwich :love: LOVE LOVE LOVE that place. Ham and swiss :lovestruc After DTD, check out the Poly, enjoy what the CL has to offer, swim if time allows, and then we have a 5:15 PM ADR at 'Ohana :goodvibes This is my husband's one request at WDW and of course I am more than happy to oblige! I originally had a later ADR (8 something) but someone had mentioned that watching Wishes from the CL or on the beach is the way to go. After 'Ohana, we plan on getting our swimming suits/trunks and swimming that big meal off ::yes:: When we get to our room (which reminds me...I need to contact IPO and make sure everything is good to go), we should have some goodies waiting for us! I ordered chocolate strawberries and a fruit/cheese tray to celebrate our anniversary :lovestruc I was going to order a cake, but not a good idea after a huge meal. And then I was going to add a bottle of champagne or wine with the fruit/cheese tray, but why do that when we can get cordials from the CL lounge :confused3

And that famous CL adult punch ::yes:: Enjoy the Poly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Poly! You are so lucky! Thanks for the info about the pins. I was thinking of eBay but I think I will just wait and buy whatever pin I like at WDW.

ooooooh the Poly???? Sounds wonderfullllllllllly amazing!!!

Yes, I am so excited! Definitely going to enjoy every minute of it since we're only staying one night.

And that famous CL adult punch ::yes:: Enjoy the Poly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this adult punch you speak of??? :scratchin I must try it!

The Poly! You are so lucky! Thanks for the info about the pins. I was thinking of eBay but I think I will just wait and buy whatever pin I like at WDW.

No problem! I definitely think buying the pins at WDW is the way to go...they may be more expensive, but at least you know they are authentic :thumbsup2

10 more days :cool1: I did the online check-in this morning! Woke up early to have the oil in the van changed and tired rotated. Using this weekend to clean the house, have the hubby mow the lawn, and kids clean the car. I also have to shop for last minute stuff and do a ton of laundry. Hopefully staying busy will make the time fly by :coffee:

Saturday, Sept. 1

Our last day :sad2: This morning we will pack up and grab something to eat from the CL lounge. From 10:00 am - 2:00 pm we have a cabana by the pool reserved :goodvibes I am sooo looking forward to just laying back and enjoying the last few hours of our vacation and couldn't think of a better way to do it. Afterwards, we have our last ADR at Kona Cafe at 2:30. And then we head back to the ILs to visit the remainder of the weekend. Early Monday morning, we hit the road back to Virginia and the kiddos go back to school Tuesday! :faint:

mommys3 said:
10 more days :cool1: I did the online check-in this morning! Woke up early to have the oil in the van changed and tired rotated. Using this weekend to clean the house, have the hubby mow the lawn, and kids clean the car. I also have to shop for last minute stuff and do a ton of laundry. Hopefully staying busy will make the time fly by :coffee:

Saturday, Sept. 1

Our last day :sad2: This morning we will pack up and grab something to eat from the CL lounge. From 10:00 am - 2:00 pm we have a cabana by the pool reserved :goodvibes I am sooo looking forward to just laying back and enjoying the last few hours of our vacation and couldn't think of a better way to do it. Afterwards, we have our last ADR at Kona Cafe at 2:30. And then we head back to the ILs to visit the remainder of the weekend. Early Monday morning, we hit the road back to Virginia and the kiddos go back to school Tuesday! :faint:

Can we rent a time machine to make next week come faster??? :)

:yay:9 more days!!!:yay:

So last night I spent a good hour weeding through my ADRS. Canceled the ones with times that didn't work for us, or restaurants I changed my mind about. I have my final ADR list. And with 9 days out, I refuse to change it anymore :rolleyes1 I copied all my confirmation numbers for the ADRs, hotel(s), Pirates League, Harmony Barbershop, and cabana *just in case.* Now I'm making a list of things I have to do before Saturday as well as things I need to buy before we leave. The list isn't that long.

*(more) sunblock
*(another) handheld fan mister
*ponchos
*sharpie for autographs
*notebook to make notes for TR :)

I think that's it :rolleyes: Now I have to make a list of things I have to pack. The most important things being the tickets, photopass + voucher, gift cards, camera and battery charger and camcorder and battery charger. I have all their disney stuff (clothes, hats, pins, stuffed animals, autograph books) together in the closet by the luggage.

On Tuesday, B and I will be going to her first concert- Big Time Rush (a band that has their own tv show on Nickelodeon for those who are not familiar with them)! We bought the VIP ticket (which includes meet & greet and soundcheck with the band) for her birthday. She is super excited! And then a few days later we will be headed to Florida to see grandma and grandpa and visit WDW...she is just over the moon :cloud9:

mommys3 said:
:yay:9 more days!!!:yay:

So last night I spent a good hour weeding through my ADRS. Canceled the ones with times that didn't work for us, or restaurants I changed my mind about. I have my final ADR list. And with 9 days out, I refuse to change it anymore :rolleyes1 I copied all my confirmation numbers for the ADRs, hotel(s), Pirates League, Harmony Barbershop, and cabana *just in case.* Now I'm making a list of things I have to do before Saturday as well as things I need to buy before we leave. The list isn't that long.

*(more) sunblock
*(another) handheld fan mister
*ponchos
*sharpie for autographs
*notebook to make notes for TR :)

I think that's it :rolleyes: Now I have to make a list of things I have to pack. The most important things being the tickets, photopass + voucher, gift cards, camera and battery charger and camcorder and battery charger. I have all their disney stuff (clothes, hats, pins, stuffed animals, autograph books) together in the closet by the luggage.

On Tuesday, B and I will be going to her first concert- Big Time Rush (a band that has their own tv show on Nickelodeon for those who are not familiar with them)! We bought the VIP ticket (which includes meet & greet and soundcheck with the band) for her birthday. She is super excited! And then a few days later we will be headed to Florida to see grandma and grandpa and visit WDW...she is just over the moon :cloud9:

I have a to do list that is almost 2 pages long at this point..... As well as a packing list. Ugh.

Big Time Rush?????? Omgosh my son loves them on Nick!!!!

I'm in! We leave one week from today!!!,!!!:yay: I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I feel like this week is going to creep by. I was just telling DH I wish we were leaving Saturday and if it didn't cost money I would switch our flights! I'm already packed for the most part...just need to finalize the Garden Grocer order for water and snacks and such....still need to cancel some ADRs...why am I hanging onto them?!? It's nice to kow there are others that we can support each other to get through the week!:rotfl:

What is this adult punch you speak of??? :scratchin I must try it!

They put it out at 5-7p I think. I don't know if it's out with the desserts! It's a super delicious tropical punch "with a hidden kick" ...... the Poly CL guests RAVE about it!!!!!

And SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I have a to do list that is almost 2 pages long at this point..... As well as a packing list. Ugh.

Big Time Rush?????? Omgosh my son loves them on Nick!!!!

Hope you're checking things off that list of yours...only a few more days :cool1:

Yes, B loves Big Time Rush and is so excited to meet them tomorrow! She wants to stand by Kendall (her favorite) for her picture!

I'm in! We leave one week from today!!!,!!!:yay: I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I feel like this week is going to creep by. I was just telling DH I wish we were leaving Saturday and if it didn't cost money I would switch our flights! I'm already packed for the most part...just need to finalize the Garden Grocer order for water and snacks and such....still need to cancel some ADRs...why am I hanging onto them?!? It's nice to kow there are others that we can support each other to get through the week!:rotfl:

I know what you mean, I just canceled all the ADRs I had "just in case." Didn't want to hog them all up if someone else needed them...and of course didn't want to be charged that pesky $10/person no-show fee :rotfl: Hope your week is flying by for you!!!

They put it out at 5-7p I think. I don't know if it's out with the desserts! It's a super delicious tropical punch "with a hidden kick" ...... the Poly CL guests RAVE about it!!!!!

And SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Yes...single digits!!! :dance3: 7 days to be exact! Well, 5 until our road trip :rolleyes: Thank you for the heads up :hug: I will definitely be on the look-out for the punch :cheer2:

3 more days until we leave for FL...5 more until WDW :cool1: B and I went to the Big Time Rush concert last night and had a blast! Her face and reaction were priceless :goodvibes We met the guys and had our picture taken with them!

IMG8711-L.jpg

I have so many things to do with such little time left!!! :hourglass

Yes...single digits!!! :dance3: 7 days to be exact! Well, 5 until our road trip :rolleyes: Thank you for the heads up :hug: I will definitely be on the look-out for the punch :cheer2:
You're welcome!!!!

Safe travels Helen!!!! Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard::hug:

Her face and reaction were priceless :goodvibes We met the guys and had our picture taken with them!

Great job Mommy!!!!!! :love:

Enjoyed your PTR! Looks like you leave tomorrow??? Hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear how everything went!

On our way home :sad2: Looking forward to starting my TR tomorrow (hopefully)!

We made it home! Got in just before 9:00 pm last night. Had to wake the kids up early since today was the first day back to school. L is in 6th grade (middle school :scared1:), J is in 4th grade and B is in 3rd grade.

7930003886_4dcf71c35f.jpg

So let's get this TR started...shall we?

So...I guess I need a new name for my TR since we've already taken our trip :rotfl: I shall name it "Sometimes things don't always go according to plan." Yes, I learned this the hard way. At least I know better when it comes to planning our next trip (6/30-7/5/13!!! :cool1:).

Our trip begins on Saturday, 8/25. Alarm was set for 5:00 am, and guess what...we woke up at 5:00 am :yay: I am the queen of the hitting the snooze button, so this was a huge deal for me :rotfl2: All we had to do was brush our teeth and get dressed. Everything was already packed in the van the night before. We double checked to make sure everything was off, locked and packed. Larry (my husband) got the kids in the van and asked if we were ready to go. I replied, "Of course!" and then he asks for the keys :rolleyes1 Yes, the keys were inside the house. I guess we need those too, right?! I go inside to grab them and do one more walk through *just in case*. Everything looks good to go! Did a quick headcount :confused3 and everyone was present!

I* (and the banana that never left her side...she did not want to eat it, just hold it :rotfl:)

7929970324_5cb7a69e67.jpg

J, ready to go!

7929969790_281fa3c512.jpg

L and B

7929969226_7ffa9426a5.jpg

So we were in the van and pulled out of the driveway by

7929968370_f56b0e60bc.jpg

Our GPS calculates we'll be at the in-laws in 14 hours (it actually only took a little over 12 hours) :faint: We stopped to fill up the gas tank and grab breakfast to go. We had Mc Donalds. Larry and I ordered breakfast burritos. You would have thought they were nice and fresh since they just opened, but they were hard and stale. Everything was going well until 7:30 am, when we hit this

7929967476_b00305d91d.jpg

Isaac letting us know he is on his way! We saw a lot of emergency response vehicles and electric company trucks on the way down. The rain was pretty heavy and we couldn't see more than 5 feet ahead of us. Luckily, it only lasted about 20 minutes. We stopped for lunch somewhere in South Carolina. There weren't many options, so we went with Burger King. I had chicken strips. They were ok, but I could only eat 3 of the 5 that I had ordered. I gave the rest to the kids. A little after 12:00 pm, we finally see this glorious sign

7929967012_4b649da489.jpg

But we still have 5 hours to go! The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful. We had to drive past WDW to get the in-laws...what a tease! It was comforting knowing we would be there in 2 days though! We arrived at their house safe and sound around 5:30 pm. We talked, ate a delicious dinner my MIL made, and we went out back to roast marshmallows

7929965390_6422a23fc8.jpg

Sunday was spent spending more time with the ILs. For lunch, Larry and I grabbed Publix subs for the adults (I HAD to have my cuban sandwich :worship:) and Subway for the kids (they like meatball and buffalo chicken, neither of which Publix had). For those who have never had a Publix cuban sandwich...you must try it!!! Absolutely heavenly and worth the trip down alone :goodvibes The kids went swimming in the pool and we called it a night pretty early since we had to wake up bright and early to head to WDW!!!

Next up: Checking in at ASMovies, Breakfast with the princesses and EPCOT! And an unwelcomed guest named Isaac.....:mad:

That rain looks scary. I hate driving in those conditions. As for the house walk through, my DH does that. I am the forgetful one and I am terrible at remembering.

Great start! It was my kids first day of school today too! This will be fun comparing notes on your TR as we were there the same week! Had a great trip...but decided after fives years and the seemingly hot and humid weather, we are going to take a break from summer and hopefully try November to see the Christmas decorations IF free dining is offered:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter